U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:21 PM

17,580 posts, read 19,413,481 times
How big was the pass play to Welker that he didn't catch? I think if he comes up with it that is the game. And while it would have been a very good catch, I think he makes that the majority of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 11:07 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,017,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Congrats to the Giants. Good game. Too bad the game was so boring.
What are you talking about? That was one of the best games of the season. Both offenses and defenses performed, there was only 1 turnover, only 9 penalties and it went down to the final minute of the game. You really cannot ask for more than that.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 PM

1,385 posts, read 904,200 times
I watched the game with friends and rather enjoyed it. Especially because, once it ended, I knew what the Super Bowl really means . . .

Spring training is only two weeks away!

Old 02-05-2012, 11:45 PM

4,332 posts, read 1,354,742 times
I thought the Patriots defense really played well -- they stepped up. I also can't really find fault with Brady, who played the best game he's had in all post-season.

I really disagreed with the way NE called their offensive game in the very early stages of the game. I thought they should have tricked it up and attacked deep very early in the game. On that first play where Brady took the sack, Brady did go deep but that's not what they were initially doing. They were trying to run their offense. They came into this game thinking that their offense could just do its thing and that this would be enough, but I thought they needed to give the Giants some looks or plays that they weren't expecting. Unfortunately, the Patriots were pretty predictable. Effective at times, like they've been all season, but still predictable. I think it would have been interesting if the Pats would have really mixed up the playcalling and done some trickery early.

But in the end, I really thought the Giants were just the better team coming into this game. The Pats made this game better than I thought it would be, but in the end, the G-men held up their end of the deal.

Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 AM

9,560 posts, read 8,069,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I thought the Patriots defense really played well -- they stepped up. I also can't really find fault with Brady, who played the best game he's had in all post-season.
Never mind that he set the NFL post-season record for TD passes in a game against the Broncos.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:52 AM

3,176 posts, read 1,377,230 times
I thought the final 5 minutes elevated the game from mediocre to excellent. When a game of this magnitude comes down to the final play.. its pretty exciting. I don't think Brady played his best game of the post season, not even close. He did have those 16 completions in a row but most of those were the dink and dunk variety, nothing special. Even so, if the Pats hung on to win, Brady would have been the MVP..

Old 02-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Never mind that he set the NFL post-season record for TD passes in a game against the Broncos.
Yes, never mind that indeed. If you're seriously going to compare going 16 for 16 with 2 TD's in one stretch against the best defensive team in the NFL with the best defensive line the game has seen in the past five years...to a game in which he ran roughshod over the 8 and 8 Denver Broncos, then yes, never mind.

And stop smacking your head -- that has to hurt.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:17 AM

3,176 posts, read 1,377,230 times
I thought the Broncos had a good defense. That is until Brady ate them up..
That was the excuse we kept hearing as to why Tebow was winning all those games in the final minutes..'Great Defense'
Brady has made a lot of great defenses look bad in the past.. he just has not been able to pull that feat off against the Giants.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM

6,044 posts, read 5,166,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
How big was the pass play to Welker that he didn't catch? I think if he comes up with it that is the game. And while it would have been a very good catch, I think he makes that the majority of the time.
Yeah, he should have caught that.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I thought the Broncos had a good defense. That is until Brady ate them up..
That was the excuse we kept hearing as to why Tebow was winning all those games in the final minutes..'Great Defense'
Brady has made a lot of great defenses look bad in the past.. he just has not been able to pull that feat off against the Giants.
Nah, the Broncos were not that good - sorry. They were good enough to keep the game close for Tebow against mediocre teams like the end of the season Steelers who were beaten up by injuries and some other teams that can't be taken seriously, but not against Detroit and not against New England.

The first real defense the New England played in their 10-win stretch was Baltimore, and that game was a preview of what would happen against the Giants. I knew after watching that AFC title game that the Pats would be lucky to break 20, and they couldn't even do that. The difference between the Giants and the Ravens is that the Ravens' strength is their linebackers and secondary; the Giants are stronger and quicker up front. The way to beat Brady is to put pressure on him up front. Do that, and teams win. Because Brady is much less effective when the pocket collapses.

Brady's like the CPU of a complex computer model offense. If you keep him clean, he's an unstoppable machine. Put some water and dirt on his circuitry, and the machine begins to malfunction. That's what almost happened against Baltimore, and that's exactly what happened last night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football