Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:50 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,624,057 times

Advertisements

Well, the Colts have probably made the biggest noise today firing Bill & Chris Polian.

The Rams let go Steve Spagnuolo and GM Billy Davaney.

The Bucs have parted ways with coach Raheem Morris.

Right now, Norv Turner and Jim Caldwell are still in place.

I thought Morris would be gone. How would you sell to your fanbase that keeping Morris would be a good idea? Those fans have seen how the Bucs have played the past two months...they looked like they mailed it in way before Thanksgiving.

2-14 is 2-14, but I am a little surprised with the Colts...I think without Manning, the shortcomings all over the roster were exposed. For the Rams, when they are expecting an improvement from 7-9, you cant go 2-14...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,128,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I thought Morris would be gone. How would you sell to your fanbase that keeping Morris would be a good idea? Those fans have seen how the Bucs have played the past two months...they looked like they mailed it in way before Thanksgiving.
The Buccaneers are a joke and the Glazers better do something. I have family in Tampa, and the Bucs are never on TV and are always blacked out due to not selling out, due to having a lousy product on the field.

To me, if you're not going to field a team that can be competitive with New Orleans and Atlanta, then sell the team to someone who will, and who will get butts in the seats. If kids grow up without the Bucs on TV, they will become fans of other teams or just be Gator fans, as have my nieces and nephews who live in Tampa.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:15 PM

14,287 posts, read 14,530,872 times
I was surprised about the Colts but then again, pretty drastic exposure without Manning. When you don't follow a team closely, interesting when you hear how much control Peyton had.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM

45,301 posts, read 26,805,426 times
Morris is toast.

I know games have been blacked out over there. Are they blacking out the news also?

Buccaneers dump head coach

Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM

It must have been worse in Tampa than perhaps we know.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,541,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
It must have been worse in Tampa than perhaps we know.
If you watched their last two games you could tell the Defense at least totally checked out.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 PM

6,401 posts, read 8,924,637 times
Interesting move ousting the Polians and keeping Caldwell aboard (thus far). I hope this isn't a symbolic move as I find them useless. Losing Manning was a horrible blow for the Colts. That said, however, one player, even the star quarterback, should not derail an entire team. Perhaps Irsay wasn't happy about the contingency plan (it looks as if the Colts did not have one). I am very curious if the Manning/Luck debate factored into this move. Was there a disagreement about the path for the future?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 PM

8,592 posts, read 14,764,841 times
I think the Polian ouster in Indy will end up having the biggest impact. This move, combined with the Colts having the #1 overall pick in the draft increases the likelihood that Peyton Manning has played his last game in a Colts uniform.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 PM

297 posts, read 399,179 times
Buffalo has fired their DC George Edwards. They have promoted Dave Wandstett from within.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Interesting move ousting the Polians and keeping Caldwell aboard (thus far). I hope this isn't a symbolic move as I find them useless. Losing Manning was a horrible blow for the Colts. That said, however, one player, even the star quarterback, should not derail an entire team. Perhaps Irsay wasn't happy about the contingency plan (it looks as if the Colts did not have one). I am very curious if the Manning/Luck debate factored into this move. Was there a disagreement about the path for the future?
Exactly.

I think someone had to pay for the 2-14 mess that Indy went through this season. Most thought it would be Caldwell (and it still could be), but the overall roster was a joke. Polian should have to explain that.

No Peyton Manning and your plan was Kerry Collins off the scrapheap (OK, retirement) and Curtis Painter? That, to me, was inexcusable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football