Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:17 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to vent:

I am reading some of this stuff in the papers today... UGHHH.

"RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Two of Michael Vick's alleged cohorts in a grisly dogfighting case pleaded guilty Friday, and one said the Atlanta Falcons quarterback joined them in drowning and hanging dogs that underperformed."

Hope he does time - what a sick human being.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:46 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times
Yeah, he is a disgusting human being... Sometimes I think he's going to get away with it because he's rich and famous. I also wonder if football fans are going to boycott his games or if they love football so much they are willing to look past this guys "mistakes."

Old 08-17-2007, 02:01 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,628,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Yeah, he is a disgusting human being... Sometimes I think he's going to get away with it because he's rich and famous. I also wonder if football fans are going to boycott his games or if they love football so much they are willing to look past this guys "mistakes."
There are enough thugs in the NFL to fill Rikers Island. The answer to your question is "NO", the fans will not stop watching games. The NFL has three options to choose from when dealing with Vick.

1. Fine
2. Suspension
3. Lifetime ban

Since I think it's safe to assume that #3 will never happen, a combo of 1 and 2 will be the price he pays. A lot hinges on the criminal case. Since he's already got buddies (sic) that are willing to give him up to save their own skins I'm sure you'll see a plea bargain quick. That's true unless they figure out a way to bring back Johnnie Cochran from the here after. If that happens then it's game on.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,351,543 times
If I were an Atlantan - I would boycott the games until he was no longer their quarterback. But I'm not - so Go bears!

I mean, if they no longer have a use for the dogs, just shoot the poor things. Only a true sicko tortures them to death.

What a piece of work...

Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM

2,464 posts, read 6,468,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
The answer to your question is "NO", the fans will not stop watching games.
I meant if fans will stop watching Vicks games not the actual game of football - as a way of protesting. My guess is people will keep paying to see him play regardless of what he's done. I know Atlanta fans are pretty PO though...

Old 08-17-2007, 11:11 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,033 times
this guy is done. he'll serve time if he pleas....and after he serves time, what self respecting NFL team would sign him?

i mean the guy drowned dogs by holding their heads in 5 gallon buckets of water. WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. i seriously doubt we'll ever see him in the NFL again. the new commissioner is a tough guy.

good luck in the CFL in 2 or 3 years bud.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
I meant if fans will stop watching Vicks games not the actual game of football - as a way of protesting. My guess is people will keep paying to see him play regardless of what he's done. I know Atlanta fans are pretty PO though...
Thats what I meant. People will continue to watch the Falcons (or any other professional sports team) regardless of what the players have done.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:38 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Why don't you people let the man have his day in court, and stop convicting the man based upon media reports!

Old 08-18-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
this guy is done. he'll serve time if he pleas....and after he serves time, what self respecting NFL team would sign him?

i mean the guy drowned dogs by holding their heads in 5 gallon buckets of water. WORTHLESS PIECE OF GARBAGE. i seriously doubt we'll ever see him in the NFL again. the new commissioner is a tough guy.

good luck in the CFL in 2 or 3 years bud.
Almost any self respecting (or not self respecting) team that needs a really good Q.B. would sign him. There would have to be a lot of damage control once the smoke clears but short of a lifetime ban (which I don't think will happen) Michael Vick will play football again. I predict that by the 2009 season you will see ads of Michael Vick doing charity work helping poor defensless animals. The bottom line is that professional sports is a business designed to make money. Ask yourself this question. How many owners would not sign him because of what he did offends their morals. My bet is not too many.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:49 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,595 times
the raiders are a team i could see obtaining him after he serves jail time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football