Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,864,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
Giants may be a better team but it's not a good sign if it takes your team 5 quarters to beat a team like the Niners who like you said, went 1-13 on 3rd downs and had a QB who might be a 2nd or 3rd string QB else where in 2013.
Never called Alex Smith a 2nd or 3rd stringer.
The niner D is probably the best unit in the NFL.
Maybe its a good sign that we have beaten both the best D in the NFL (niners) and the best O in the NFL (Packers) in successive weeks.
PLEASE STOP THE NY HATE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:13 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,318,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Well then I guess you'd be content on going back to being a 8-8 team at best, lol.
Re: Singletary,

I agree that SF is markedly better with Harbaugh at the helm. However, I will give credit to Samurai Mike for one thing: instilling a sense of toughness and discipline into the 49ers overall. I don't think Harbaugh would have been as successful this season were it not for Singletary's laying down that foundation first. Although Singeltary clearly lacked the expertise to design plays and didn't have a lot of hands-on experience in terms of managing the game as a whole, he nevertheless brought his passion for winning and his dedication to the craft. I can't help but think that it rubbed off on his players to some extent. Many of the changes that have ultimately led the Niners to where they are now started with Singletary. Mike gave them a winning attitude; Harbaugh actually taught them HOW to win games. But I'll give Mike his due.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,569,094 times
Even Davis said Coach Singletary made me realize it wasn't about me, but about the team. Singletary took him out of a game, sent him to the locker room, Davis said that was a turning point for him. He credits Singletary with helping him get over an "all about me" attitude.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:42 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,751,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
What questionable call? The ball hit the turf. Incomplete. Game over.
If I remember it correctly; The questonable call wasn't the last play.
I think it was the on a Steeler score. Kordell Stewart stepped out of bounds then caught a TD pass. He should not have been eligible.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,107,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
I think it was the on a Steeler score. Kordell Stewart stepped out of bounds then caught a TD pass. He should not have been eligible.

What?? The Steelers benefitting from questionable calls???? NO WAY!!!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,034,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
That's exactly right! Kordell Stewart clearly stepped out of bounds and then came back in... He should not have been allowed to touch the ball first after coming back in.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,885,885 times
I like Harbough... Wish he were coaching my team (Cowboys).

Old 01-27-2012, 04:01 PM

14,176 posts, read 22,662,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What?? The Steelers benefitting from questionable calls???? NO WAY!!!
You could have summed up your thoughts with one simple emoticon, you know:

Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,310,143 times
when the 49ers made the playoffs this season, it almost felt as if Eddie DeBartolo bought the franchise back

Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The Harbaugh Bros are borderline thugs. With that out of the way, I have no idea why the NFL adopted a rule making the coaches shake hands after a game.

It's stupid and needs to go.
I agree, especially after a big game. It's easy for the winner to smile and shake hands. I think both coaches so go their seperate ways after a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football