Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:17 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

I think if the Niners and Ravens meet in the SB, it will be the first one I haven't watch in 16 years. i would not be able to stomach the harbaugh family story the two weeks leading up to the SB and really hope the Pats or Giants are in the SB. Anyone else that would not be intrigued with a Ravens/Niners SB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 12:04 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
I am praying for it! It would be historical and something you could tell your grandchildren about.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM

927 posts, read 1,389,806 times
Not going to happen. Tom Brady will carve up the Raven defense and the Giants might just rise to the occasion again and knock off the 49ers at Candlestick. Which wouldn't surprise me. One thing is for sure this season, the Patriots will not be denied another Champioship this time around imo.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I am praying for it! It would be historical and something you could tell your grandchildren about.
Why because two brothers are going against each other? I would look at this SB the same way I looked at SB 30....Chargers vs Niners

Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Not going to happen. Tom Brady will carve up the Raven defense and the Giants might just rise to the occasion again and knock off the 49ers at Candlestick. Which wouldn't surprise me. One thing is for sure this season, the Patriots will not be denied another Champioship this time around imo.
I'm looking at the Giants/Niners game now from Nov 13th, and I can see how easy it was for the Giants to pass on the Giants defense. They only lost that game because of turnovers.

No Int's or fumbles tomorrow and the Giants are in the SB

Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Not rooting for or against a Harbaugh Super Bowl but if it comes to be, I will get tired of the Brother vs Brother media onslaught.. but if its not Brother vs Brother, the media will find something else to hype beyond belief.

I love the Super Bowl.. (the game) but I am beyond tired of the hoopla leading up to it. The last few years, I have boycotted most sports shows that I otherwise enjoy watching during the weeks leading up to the big game. I don't boycott those shows because I am some kind of activist or anything I just get SO tired of the constant non sense...

At the risk of sounding or BEING hypocritical.. I am sure that if my team ever made it back to the Super Bowl, I would be loving every moment of sports on tv and radio leading up to the game!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Not rooting for or against a Harbaugh Super Bowl but if it comes to be, I will get tired of the Brother vs Brother media onslaught.. but if its not Brother vs Brother, the media will find something else to hype beyond belief.

I love the Super Bowl.. (the game) but I am beyond tired of the hoopla leading up to it. The last few years, I have boycotted most sports shows that I otherwise enjoy watching during the weeks leading up to the big game. I don't boycott those shows because I am some kind of activist or anything I just get SO tired of the constant non sense...

At the risk of sounding or BEING hypocritical.. I am sure that if my team ever made it back to the Super Bowl, I would be loving every moment of sports on tv and radio leading up to the game!

I stopped watching the pregame for the SB years ago. Who wants to watch a 6 hour pregame show leading up to the game?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:41 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
That would be the worst of all scenarios. Talk about a boring game.
Let's hope it doesn't happen.
BTW, why the love for the Harbaugh's? They both come off a arrogant jerks.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:08 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
That would be the worst of all scenarios. Talk about a boring game.
Let's hope it doesn't happen.
BTW, why the love for the Harbaugh's? They both come off a arrogant jerks.
Actually, an Alex Smith vs. Joe Flacco Super Bowl would be awesome in one way because it'd take ESPN's "Year of the QB" hype and leave it in smoldering ruins. On the other hand, yeah, Jim Harbaugh is a douchebag, and John Harbaugh is an even bigger douchebag.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Tom ain't carving nothing but turkey. The Ravens ain't Denver. I think Flacco is more likely to carve the Pats D. Anyway I think the game is in Ray Rice's hands and I think he'll rise up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football