U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-06-2012, 02:00 PM

1,462 posts, read 839,913 times

Advertisements

Last evening Giselle Bundschen blasted Patriot receivers for not being able to catch her husbands passes-----saying Tom cannot both throw and catch his own passes.

Brady has never been openly critical of his teammates----I think he will just have to smooth this over by talking to them and letting them he still has their back.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM

767 posts, read 857,800 times
Methinks that Giselle will probably not be invited to the WR's wives social luncheon.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:10 PM

1,462 posts, read 839,913 times
I thought Welkers ball was a difficult catch----granted he has made those plays before, but it certainly was not an easy catch.

Giselle is an emotional woman-----she wears her feelings on her sleeves. These things happen in the heat of the moment.

I know that Brady will have splaining to do-----but he had a good relationship with his teammates and I expect that to continue.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,167,739 times
I suppose it was their fault when Brady got nailed for intentional grounding, too.

Brady wasn't at his best last night. Sure the Patriots receivers had their share of drops but he had several poorly thrown balls, and the one Welker "dropped" was one of them.

Sure Welker can make those catches but it's a hell of a lot easier to catch a ball that's put right in the breadbasket. That pass to Welker was overthrown by a good 3-5 yards.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:29 PM

8,881 posts, read 11,257,056 times
I think the full story was that fans were taunting her on the way out of the stadium and she fired back with a very non-PC response. Not a big deal, she was upset over the loss and snapped back at some fans. But the media sure knows how to put a spin on every single thing people say today, whether it's an athlete, musician, politician, or in this case supermodel.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:59 PM

6,630 posts, read 10,288,501 times
When's the public apology coming out?

Old 02-06-2012, 06:27 PM

8,297 posts, read 3,195,795 times
Women really get into sports, especially when they have a vested interest like Giselle has. I think a lot of people were emotional, I expect her to apologize and I think everyone will move on pretty quickly. At least she showed everyone that she cares.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,443,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Women really get into sports, especially when they have a vested interest like Giselle has. I think a lot of people were emotional, I expect her to apologize and I think everyone will move on pretty quickly. At least she showed everyone that she cares.
Well woman or not, sometimes spouses have to shut up. Who do you think the receivers are going to give a hard time to...a female they never see or the QB they have to see every week during the season? She just potentially threw a wrench into the team unity of the offense.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:34 PM

648 posts, read 1,896,909 times
I think everyone should give the girl a break. Imagine obnoxious fans taunting your man after that heartbreaking loss. I think she may want apologize to Wes though. I love Brady, but without Welker the Pats wouldn't have been in the Super Bowl in the first place.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 PM

2,105 posts, read 924,752 times
I thought she made the comment to some friends...I dont think she was trying to say it out in public. Didnt someone record her on a smartphone or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football