U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 02:35 PM

21,367 posts, read 21,936,621 times

Advertisements

somehow missed this earlier, but Viking's long-snapper, Cullen Loeffler highlighted USA Football's All-Fundamental team selection at the "Long Snapper" position as demonstrated by his skill of Long Snapping Mechanics. So we got that going for us...which is nice.

Cullen Loeffler named to USA Football's All-Fundamentals Team | StarTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,754,815 times
Can you please explain why this needed to be a new thread?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:25 PM

21,589 posts, read 11,639,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Because everyone should be a Vikings fan. Everyone.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,962,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Come on rj (my fellow Packer and Everton fan), g is just planting his summer harvest a little early (which I approve of), it has been very warm as of late. It appears germination has begun. Besides, long snapping is a lost medium, and deserves to be front and center. Fundamentals, fundamentals...

Donovan looks good in blue

Old 02-06-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Come on rj (my fellow Packer and Everton fan), g is just planting his summer harvest a little early (which I approve of), it has been very warm as of late. It appears germination has begun. Besides, long snapping is a lost medium, and deserves to be front and center. Fundamentals, fundamentals...

Donovan looks good in blue
hope you took note of a few Packers named although some of the fundamentals that were noted seem to be a bit of a fishing expedition to appease the balance of important fundamentals to ones that even a small child might possess, even so a belated congratulations Dook

Old 02-06-2012, 06:58 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,962,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hope you took note of a few Packers named although some of the fundamentals that were noted seem to be a bit of a fishing expedition to appease the balance of important fundamentals to ones that even a small child might possess, even so a belated congratulations Dook
Fundamentals are important regardless of how rudimentary some fundamentals may appear. We win as a team, we lose when Rodgers is less than perfect... Pretty simple really. And yes, thank you for not rubbing it in. To my surprise, the sun came up the day after the Giants game.

I wish they would bring back the "Superstars", so I could see BJ anchor the tug-o-war challenge. Paul Krause paved that highway...

Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,561,574 times
It is the off season now, every fan has to find positives to hang to, I do it all the time!

Long snappers never get their due, good job, most of the time fans can't even name the one on their team! (I can by the way on the Packers, of course)!

Old 02-07-2012, 02:00 PM

7,611 posts, read 9,467,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Fundamentals are important regardless of how rudimentary some fundamentals may appear. We win as a team, we lose when Rodgers is less than perfect... Pretty simple really. And yes, thank you for not rubbing it in. To my surprise, the sun came up the day after the Giants game.

I wish they would bring back the "Superstars", so I could see BJ anchor the tug-o-war challenge. Paul Krause paved that highway...
Yes, weren't Paul Krause and Wally Hilgenberg impressive as "cheerleaders" while their teammates Alan Page, Carl Eller, Ron Yary, Mick Tinglehoff, Jeff Siemon and Dave Osborn ( near the pit) won their famous Tug-of-War against the Steelers in the 1975 Superstars competition? I was actually quite excited that they won....

Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Yes, weren't Paul Krause and Wally Hilgenberg impressive as "cheerleaders" while their teammates Alan Page, Carl Eller, Ron Yary, Mick Tinglehoff, Jeff Siemon and Dave Osborn ( near the pit) won their famous Tug-of-War against the Steelers in the 1975 Superstars competition? I was actually quite excited that they won....
Indeed, I hear that the event was referred to as "The Greatest Sports Competition Ever Held" and is discussed in whispered tones in Asgard's hallowed halls even to this day.

After it was all over and the two teams lay moaning and exhausted in the sand, Dick Button -- yes, that Dick Button, the figure skating guy -- told a Sports Illustrated writer, "Nothing -- nothing, not even my own Olympic victories -- has ever moved me like that."

I say: "whew!....simply whew!"

The Greatest Sports Competition Ever Held

Nobody defeats the Black Knight!
Attached Thumbnails
More post-season awards roll in for the Vikings-vikings-1974-sb-ring.jpg  

Old 02-07-2012, 03:16 PM

7,611 posts, read 9,467,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Indeed, I hear that the event was referred to as "The Greatest Sports Competition Ever Held" and is discussed in whispered tones in Asgard's hallowed halls even to this day.

After it was all over and the two teams lay moaning and exhausted in the sand, Dick Button -- yes, that Dick Button, the figure skating guy -- told a Sports Illustrated writer, "Nothing -- nothing, not even my own Olympic victories -- has ever moved me like that."

I say: "whew!....simply whew!"

The Greatest Sports Competition Ever Held

Nobody defeats the Black Knight!

Yes, I'm sure that there was much feasting in Valhalla that night..

Skol Vikings! ( at least, the Purple Gang version)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football