U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM

22,952 posts, read 19,392,595 times

Advertisements

GO PATS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM

How is Ridley doing today?

Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
How is Ridley doing today?
First Welker, now Woodhead??? I know, I know, "In Bill we believe" but seriously??? Two in 3 days??

Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 AM

3,028 posts, read 3,168,555 times
Quote:
First Welker, now Woodhead??? I know, I know, "In Bill we believe" but seriously??? Two in 3 days??
Gonna miss those guys, now I see why they signed Leon Washington.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM

513 posts, read 576,106 times
Quote:
Who cares about Woodhead? Vereen can fill in his shoes and then some easily. Letting Wes go was beyond stupid. Hopefully Amendola can make it look like a good decision, but I just don't get how you can't match a two year 12 million dollar contract.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,592,736 times
I think Amendola will fill Welker's shoes just fine. while he was healthy last year, Amendola was a beast with the likes of Sam Bradford. Not that Sam isn't a good QB, but Tom will make Amendola even better.

Vereen and Ridely can handle the load, I don't think you'll miss Woodhead too much honestly.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I think Amendola will fill Welker's shoes just fine. while he was healthy last year, Amendola was a beast with the likes of Sam Bradford. Not that Sam isn't a good QB, but Tom will make Amendola even better.

Vereen and Ridely can handle the load, I don't think you'll miss Woodhead too much honestly.
First, Amendola is no Welker. I don't care what anyone says. And the whole "while he was healthy" is my biggest concern with Amendola. The guy played 10 games the last two years. What did Wes miss in his 6 years in NE? Two games if I recall correctly. I have very high doubts that Amendola can go over the middle and take the hits Wes took without missing multiple games every year

Old 03-21-2013, 06:53 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,896,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
First, Amendola is no Welker. I don't care what anyone says. And the whole "while he was healthy" is my biggest concern with Amendola. The guy played 10 games the last two years. What did Wes miss in his 6 years in NE? Two games if I recall correctly. I have very high doubts that Amendola can go over the middle and take the hits Wes took without missing multiple games every year
When Welker came to New England back in 2007, he was nowhere near what he is today. He grew into the role and really developed. Amendola is a better receiver today, than Welker was when he first came to New England. Will it take some time for Danny to assimilate to the offense? Of course. But Amendola has shown what he can do playing in a middle of the pack offense.

Wes was fortunate that he tore his ACL down in Houston at the end of the season, or else he would have missed some games. Not saying Wes isn't durable, because he is, but he had some injury timing luck. (not sure luck and tearing an ACL should be used in the same sentence)

Welker is going to be a big loss no doubt, but the Patriots have shown over the last 11 or so years that they can keep chugging along after the loss of key players.

I am more concerned with Gronk and Hernandez being able to stay healthy for an entire season. Both of those guys have been hit with some injuries over the last couple of seasons that have kept them off the field. The Pats are going to need both of them healthy for this season.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:05 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,592,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
When Welker came to New England back in 2007, he was nowhere near what he is today. He grew into the role and really developed. Amendola is a better receiver today, than Welker was when he first came to New England. Will it take some time for Danny to assimilate to the offense? Of course. But Amendola has shown what he can do playing in a middle of the pack offense.
exactly.

Tom will mold Amendola into what he wants him to be....a younger, faster Welker.

I do question Amendola's toughness though, as Welker used to get rocked and get right up. But I agree with you that Amendola is a better receiver than Welker right now.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Wes was fortunate that he tore his ACL down in Houston at the end of the season, or else he would have missed some games. Not saying Wes isn't durable, because he is, but he had some injury timing luck. (not sure luck and tearing an ACL should be used in the same sentence)

Welker is going to be a big loss no doubt, but the Patriots have shown over the last 11 or so years that they can keep chugging along after the loss of key players.

I am more concerned with Gronk and Hernandez being able to stay healthy for an entire season. Both of those guys have been hit with some injuries over the last couple of seasons that have kept them off the field. The Pats are going to need both of them healthy for this season.
They will still be a good team, yes I agree. As long as they have Brady they are going to be a good football team. However, they are better with Wes than With Amendola trying to fill his shoes. They are paying Amendola 6 million a year. So why not Wes? And just for the record Amendola's best season was very similar statistically to Wes's last season with Miami
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or