U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM

513 posts, read 575,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Normally football players fight to get that extra yard...Hernandez will be fighting to stay out of one. HA HA HA. You know what is Ironic? The Pats seems try so hard to keep everything on the low down, and now, because of the Pats we have the Tuck Rule, Spygate, an perfect season with a SB loss, twice to the same team, and now a possible possibly a man how is involved in 3 murders. Someone needs to write a book about this team. One of your huge fans, and a good friend of ours, died of cancer last week, so Ill be rooting for the Pats this year in his honor.
English man...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 05:13 PM

22,911 posts, read 19,356,530 times
Default More problems....

Patriots' Dennard accused of DUI in Nebraska - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England

Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,840,456 times
Brady tweaked his knee at practice today. Unsure of the severity.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM

21,389 posts, read 21,961,490 times
Tebow

Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,890,179 times
It appears be just a sprain and nothing major. X ray was fine and he had an MRI and it came back fine as well. Word is he will be back at practice tomorrow.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,771,653 times
Well Pats fan here...

Concerned about the lack of weapons Brady has and how we struggled against a team we should have beat by 14 points or more. However not feeling *so* bad as it seems to be a weird week 1 across the NFL. A lot of teams struggled (Giants, Falcons, Steelers, Tampa, etc.) that should have played a lot better.

Felt more like a preason week than a regular season week.

I'm missing Gronk right now and he can't come back fast enough. I also dont wanna look down Wes Welkers beedy eyes when he plays that Pats since he didn't wanna leave in the first place.

Anyway - I will be honest - I'm iffy about the Jets...It could go either way.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:36 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,448,607 times
Vereen broke his wrist ... will require surgery.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Vereen broke his wrist ... will require surgery.
Just great - I didn't realize that...even more of a struggle now. Maybe we can get Randy Moss and Chad Johnson back (I'm not joking)

Old 09-09-2013, 07:06 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,890,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Well Pats fan here...

Concerned about the lack of weapons Brady has and how we struggled against a team we should have beat by 14 points or more. However not feeling *so* bad as it seems to be a weird week 1 across the NFL. A lot of teams struggled (Giants, Falcons, Steelers, Tampa, etc.) that should have played a lot better.

Felt more like a preason week than a regular season week.

I'm missing Gronk right now and he can't come back fast enough. I also dont wanna look down Wes Welkers beedy eyes when he plays that Pats since he didn't wanna leave in the first place.

Anyway - I will be honest - I'm iffy about the Jets...It could go either way.
The Patriots made some mistakes that allowed Buffalo to stay in the game and prevented them from getting momentum in their favor.

Ridley has the bad fumble that is returned for a TD when they were driving and up 10-0. They have the botched snap at the goal line on 4th down. Tompkins drops a wide open TD pass and they have to settle for a FG.

It wasn't pretty but it was a win, a road win and a win against a divisional team.

On the bright side the running game looked pretty good. Even with the broken hand Vereen ran and ran very well. Before his fumble and subsequent benching, Ridley also ran well and was hitting the holes really well. Amendola fought off the groin situation and had 7 second half catches, some of them were really key to keep the drives going.

It also helps New England has an easier schedule in their first 3 games to start the season. I see no reason why they cannot be 3-0 heading into a big Sunday Night tilt down in Atlanta in week 4.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The Patriots made some mistakes that allowed Buffalo to stay in the game and prevented them from getting momentum in their favor.

Ridley has the bad fumble that is returned for a TD when they were driving and up 10-0. They have the botched snap at the goal line on 4th down. Tompkins drops a wide open TD pass and they have to settle for a FG.

It wasn't pretty but it was a win, a road win and a win against a divisional team.

On the bright side the running game looked pretty good. Even with the broken hand Vereen ran and ran very well. Before his fumble and subsequent benching, Ridley also ran well and was hitting the holes really well. Amendola fought off the groin situation and had 7 second half catches, some of them were really key to keep the drives going.

It also helps New England has an easier schedule in their first 3 games to start the season. I see no reason why they cannot be 3-0 heading into a big Sunday Night tilt down in Atlanta in week 4.

Well I posted in another thread that it appears across the league everyone is shaking out cob webs, so I've taken that into consideration. To be honest I don't know why Ridley was benched for one fumble - I mean Brady botched the snap and had a 1-2 picks...Like you said I thought Ridley was having a good game up until then.

I think we could grind it out against the Jets (but Vereen is out for the next game) - secondary is still a concern thought..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or