U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times

Advertisements

What an ugly game. But it was a win nonetheless. 2-0 overall, 2-0 in the division. A good chance to hit 3-0 next week at home to Tampa.

Dobson and Thompkins with some big drops. Looked pretty sloppy on offense.

Defense made some nice plays and stops when they needed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 12:31 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,762,719 times
Well ugly win - but a win nonetheless. Well I think it's a strategic thing here folks. Stay at the top of the division, if you're lose, lose to NFC teams and outside division. If can beat divisional teams and tread water that way through week 5-6 when Gronk and Amendola are back, there's a shot. Fortunately we're in the weakest division in football.

Watching two passes in the Jets game that should have been touchdowns dropped right from the hands was painful. Don't know what more can be done other than to put more stickum on their hands.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,155,686 times
Will take that win, and with 2 divisional wins, albeit a weak division, it's a big plus! I miss Welker like the current Pats receiving core misses receptions. Good to see the turnover margin creeping up in the plus column, that will be what this team will be riding on for awhile...........if not the season. All in all, happy to be 2-0. Did my heart good to see Willie and Teddy back @ Foxboro. Congrats to Bruschi for his place at The Patriots Hall of Fame! GO PATS!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 07:09 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,562,093 times
at the end of the day, a win is a win.

I will admit up front that I'm extremely jealous that Brady gets to play the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins twice a year LOL. But hey, you can only play who is on your schedule, not his fault the rest of the afc east sucks. most of them are rebuilding.

though Geno Smith definitely helped them, credit to the Pats defense. Tom Brady only scored 13 points, and they still won. That's rare in the NFL. I believe Tom will continue to coach up his young receivers, and they'll be clicking on all cylinders by week 4 or 5. a lot of young talent on that offense. Gronk will be back in a few weeks, and the Pats will be fine.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
at the end of the day, a win is a win.

I will admit up front that I'm extremely jealous that Brady gets to play the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins twice a year LOL.
The Bills Jets and Dolphins honestly are probably not much better or worse than the Giants/Cowboys/Eagles in your division (and you guys LOST to the Eagles..) 9-7 or even 8-8 might take it.....that's an overall bad division too....lol

Old 09-13-2013, 07:43 AM

yeah....i mean it is what it is.

nobody in the NFL had any tape on Chip Kelly's offense, besides old Oregon tapes. but yeah, eagles won. by week 5, i can see that offense running into a brick wall.

as far as the nfc east being on the same level as the afc east....the NFC East was one of only 3 divisions in the NFL last year where 3 of the 4 teams went 8-8 or better. only one team in the afc east last year was over .500, everybody else was 7-9 or worse

Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,667,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
yeah....i mean it is what it is.

nobody in the NFL had any tape on Chip Kelly's offense, besides old Oregon tapes. but yeah, eagles won. by week 5, i can see that offense running into a brick wall.

as far as the nfc east being on the same level as the afc east....the NFC East was one of only 3 divisions in the NFL last year where 3 of the 4 teams went 8-8 or better. only one team in the afc east last year was over .500, everybody else was 7-9 or worse
I'm going by this year and what I've seen so far and predicting how the teams will perform....

The GMen and Cowboys played each other and can you honestly say with a straight face that they looked like playoff teams? Are you impressed with the Eagles?

See what i mean? You can't judge based on 'history', you can only judge how they are playing in 2013 and the NFC East looks subpar....just my .02...who knows, as the season progresses things might get better..

Old 09-13-2013, 08:19 AM

i hear you, and you make a good point. Giants look awful, and will probably get slaughtered this sunday by Peyton.

Redskins, whom I love, will probably get destroyed at Lambeau.

Cowboys...don't know who they play, but I wish death upon them.

Eagles will probably blowout San Diego at home.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
Man...has Brady ever had a worse set of receivers? Its one thing to be a rookie and not know the routes, but all the dropped balls...that were hitting guys in the hands. Ugh.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM

14,540 posts, read 22,406,075 times
I'm not a big Brady fan but I commend him on his fury on the sideline due to the dropped balls. No shame in eecking out a tough win against a division rival. A win is a win is a win. Maybe their defense ateps it up a notch this season. Brady was good on the podium too... didn't duck any issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or