U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,155,289 times

Advertisements

The Jets defensive front is quite good, they made Brady play the way he did. The "call" is not the reason they lost (although would love to hang it on that), the Jets just beat them. I just threw up a little in my mouth saying that.......but it's true. Gotta get Talib back...........please hurry and return!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,762,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The Jets defensive front is quite good, they made Brady play the way he did. The "call" is not the reason they lost (although would love to hang it on that), the Jets just beat them. I just threw up a little in my mouth saying that.......but it's true. Gotta get Talib back...........please hurry and return!!!
Yeah we can't lose Talib...Malloy and Wilfork is killer. I hate to think where we would be had we had a healthy D, a healthy Amendolla, We'd be up there IMO with Denver and KC.

I think the CBs actually played well given the lack of Talib, the offense killed it, converting one or more of those 3rd downs wins the game. What's amazing that converting just 1 out of 12 third downs the Pats were in it to the very very very end.

Once Talib comes back and the offense gets back in rhythm we'll be in good shape for second half of the season.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post

Once Talib comes back and the offense gets back in rhythm we'll be in good shape for second half of the season.
Agreed.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM

513 posts, read 573,739 times
Offense has not been in rhythm all year. I think they will get there, but it certainly has not happened yet

Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,007,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Talk about missed holding calls. How about Seymour getting the Russian Sickle applied to him in the '07 Super Bowl on the David Tyree helmet catch. It happens.
Right, and Pats fans still blame both their SB losses to the Giants on "Lucky Catches".

Brady himself doesn't blame the call on their loss yesterday.

Tom Brady not blaming new rule for loss to the Jets - Extra Points - Boston.com

Old 10-21-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Right, and Pats fans still blame both their SB losses to the Giants on "Lucky Catches".

I'm not blaming the call in the Jets game either. Was just stating a fact to a possible Saints fan that holding happens all the time.....regardless of the situation. Gotta admit though, Tyree's catch was a bit fortunate shall we say. The one that Manningham made was just a great, clutch catch.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:14 PM

3,719 posts, read 3,876,167 times
Quote:
It was a legit call. One of the new rules implemented his season. Pats fans don't seem to mind when he refs missed an obvious holding call that allowed them to win against the Saints. I can think of several bad or missed calls that have helped the Pats win.
Saints fans need to get over it. That missed holding call, which was not even that bad, was not the reason they lost. Jimmy Graham was completely shut down by the Patriots defense. Drew Brees his less than 50% of his passes. The Saints offense had not 1, but 2 drives late in the 4th quarter where all they needed was a first down and the game would have been pretty much over. The Saints defense also failed to contain the Patriots on their final drive.

Was it a BS call? yes. But the Patriots should never have been in that position if they had executed better during the game.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:21 PM

13,343 posts, read 17,392,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I was pulling for the Pats to pull this one out. I hate the Jets. Refs gave them the game with the ridiculous penalty call. Absolutely absurd.

Jets didn't beat Pats. Refs did.

Refs didn't throw a pick six.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:04 PM

252 posts, read 385,414 times
Quote:

Every pats fan I meet the only thing they have to say about losing both SB against Giants is Fluke. LMAO!

Pats fan got no balls to accept that they lost fair and square. They call Mario's Catch as fluke. ROFL

Old 10-22-2013, 04:42 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,020,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Waffle View Post
Every pats fan I meet the only thing they have to say about losing both SB against Giants is Fluke. LMAO!

Pats fan got no balls to accept that they lost fair and square. They call Mario's Catch as fluke. ROFL
Meh, I think most Pats fans do accept the losses 'fair and square.' The lucky catches wouldn't have mattered in those Super Bowls had the Pats played better. Same goes for the questionable call. That shouldn't have made the difference and several Pats fans admit this.

The rest of them are still whining about it, though it has a lot to do with losing to the Jets in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or