U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 09:53 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,768,462 times

Advertisements

Strategically...we're in good shape. Sucks to end once again on yet another BAD BS call...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 06:08 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,885,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Strategically...we're in good shape. Sucks to end once again on yet another BAD BS call...
The Patriots offense was sluggish in the first half. Second half was a different story and they moved the ball with relative ease against Carolina's defense. Was the call bad? Perhaps. But there were plenty of other miscues during the game that would have avoided the need for a last second attempt at the winning score.

This was a close game that the Patriots could have won.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:55 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,160,222 times
Too bad a great game had to end on a controversial play last night. Not saying that shoulda been pass interference, but defensive holding resulting in half the distance to the goal was the correct call...............but they picked it up. Denver up next.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The Patriots offense was sluggish in the first half. Second half was a different story and they moved the ball with relative ease against Carolina's defense. Was the call bad? Perhaps. But there were plenty of other miscues during the game that would have avoided the need for a last second attempt at the winning score.

This was a close game that the Patriots could have won.
Yup totally agree, it shouldn't come down to a fudged call by the refs if you put up enough points which they could have. Mental mistakes killed the Pats chances.

I simply hate when a visible error in officiating occurs like that at critical moments. If the Pats got the ball back and were stopped on the 1 yr line, fine but the play never had a chance to develop. Receivers get mugged all the time in route no where near the ball and it's interference. Anyway it is what it is...If we *had* to lose one, this was a good one to lose. I'm glad it happened in that I think they may have still been on cloud 9 after crushing the Steelers and the bye-week I think made them stiff in the first half. I dose of cold water should get them mentally ready for the Broncos where no mistakes can be made if we hope to keep it close.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:11 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,229,357 times
I felt the Pats should have gone for a 1st down and a TD vs kicking the go ahead FG late in the game... I just didn't feel they had the defense to stop Cam.. i was right. i hate being right!

I didn't like the flag being picked up on the last play. I would have been fine with a no call but you threw the flag, now stick with the call. that was a bit frustrating..

Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 PM

17,579 posts, read 39,811,608 times
Not trying to be mean, but this is funny.

- Yahoo Screen

Old 11-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Alright, come on Pats fans? This thread is deader than an in grown toe nail on a zombie...

I'm like the Pats to have a good game and to be completely sobered up from the loss to Carolina last Monday. I'm glad we lost *that* game since I think we were a little to full of ourselves coming out of the Steelers game and mentally off it from the bye-week.

I know the odd makers have the Broncos favored but I think we can pull this off.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 PM

11,882 posts, read 11,181,746 times
Fantastic thrilling comeback & win by Brady and his men. This is one headed for the record books. Tom Brady is a true legend.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:35 PM

27,093 posts, read 5,934,133 times
What an exciting, great game!!!

GO PATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Fantastic thrilling comeback & win by Brady and his men. This is one headed for the record books. Tom Brady is a true legend.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:39 PM

Only the NFL where you get on an emotional rollercoaster every week.

It seems like every game this year you can subtract 2 quarters in each Pats game where they play nearly awful and then play great ball for the other two 2 quarters (+1 for this OT).

Awesome game. The Patriots are superb team - I mean 5 fumbles and still come back against the Broncos? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or