U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-25-2013, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,381 times
Reputation: 2109

Advertisements

I'm wondering if Ridgley will ever touch the ball again.

I think he should. Everyone had mental mistakes last night. Although his started the whole thing in motion it seems. I say they should let him carry again. He's hungry, and a good runner so give him a chance to redeem himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2013, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,680,136 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I'm wondering if Ridgley will ever touch the ball again.

I think he should. Everyone had mental mistakes last night. Although his started the whole thing in motion it seems. I say they should let him carry again. He's hungry, and a good runner so give him a chance to redeem himself.
Wasn't he the guy who fumbled at Carolina also?

If it is, that's two games in a row....

I could see making a mistake once and not letting it happen again, but you might have a pattern developing...

It might just be a situation like Talib....the guy KILLS his team w/crucial penalties, but I guess you have to live with it because its such a big dropoff if you don't start him...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Houston, TX
17,032 posts, read 26,891,477 times
Reputation: 16190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I'm wondering if Ridgley will ever touch the ball again.

I think he should. Everyone had mental mistakes last night. Although his started the whole thing in motion it seems. I say they should let him carry again. He's hungry, and a good runner so give him a chance to redeem himself.
I think he's second or third team now. He's fumbled 4 times this year, most of any non-qb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 AM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,381 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Wasn't he the guy who fumbled at Carolina also?

If it is, that's two games in a row....

I could see making a mistake once and not letting it happen again, but you might have a pattern developing...

It might just be a situation like Talib....the guy KILLS his team w/crucial penalties, but I guess you have to live with it because its such a big dropoff if you don't start him...
I know Ridgley has had slippery hands, but when he holds on he runs well. I wouldn't hold it against him to much in regards to last night in that everyone including Brady couldn't find the handle at times. When it's cold like that the ball compresses and I'm sure feels different. I don't want to say the worst is behind the Pats (and I will never say *any* game is a lock after the last 3 weeks...vegas is really confused lol), but I think they can pound the run out more with the Dolphins, Browns, et al.

Talib...well I think his shutdown performance and stops far out ways his penalties. We want him to play aggressively. The DB/Corner/Secondary position has to be the hardest defensive position in football. I for one think the Pats, regardless of how the season turns out needs to lock this guy down. We don't need another Astane Samuels situation where we have another hole for 3 years if he leaves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,381 times
Reputation: 2109
Listening to WEEI - didn't realize this is the greatest deficit comeback for Pats in franchise history!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Earth
1,305 posts, read 1,256,892 times
Reputation: 1427
To change the subject slightly from the game to one of the players: I'm glad the fans were getting on Welker. He's on another team so any advantage we can take from him is greatly appreciated. BUT, calling him a traitor or treating him like Roger Clemens joining the Yankees is wrong. He was a great player for the Patriots, who unfortunately couldn't come to a deal with them, so he left. He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best with the Broncos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 11:02 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,884,166 times
Reputation: 2779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
To change the subject slightly from the game to one of the players: I'm glad the fans were getting on Welker. He's on another team so any advantage we can take from him is greatly appreciated. BUT, calling him a traitor or treating him like Roger Clemens joining the Yankees is wrong. He was a great player for the Patriots, who unfortunately couldn't come to a deal with them, so he left. He seems like a good guy and I wish him the best with the Broncos
There were a few fools that had traitor signs at the game last night, but other than that, I think most Patriots fans just miss Wes. Speaking for myself, my friends and listening to sports talk radio, the term traitor has not been used often at all. I have heard a couple of people call in to the talk radio and proceed to get blasted by the host.

The fact that he went to Denver, an AFC foe, makes it all the worse. I love Wes and miss him. If he had gone to an NFC team, I think the reaction would be a little softer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 12:03 PM
 
16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times
Reputation: 47986
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Giving credit where credit is due here.

I've said this before several times on the fb forum and will say it here. As long as Bill Belichick is coaching and Tom Brady is quarterbacking the Patriots are never out of a game, much less in the running for division championships, etc.
This is a quote from post #905. It applies last night as well.

After a gawdawful first half the Patriots didn't lose their poise or blow their stacks or throw in the towel. Instead, they focused as they always do on the task at hand. And in the third quarter Brady was throwing solid passes while going into a 25 m.p.h. wind. And scored three times.

You can't make mistakes like the ones Denver made and expect to win. The Patriots solid defensive play in the second half had something to do with those mistakes as well.

And they helped themselves in the playoff situation as either Denver or Kansas City will have three losses after Sunday's game unless there is a tie. Until that punt bounced off Tony Carter a tie could have been a distinct possibility with a little less than three minutes left.

Solid win by New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-25-2013, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,381 times
Reputation: 2109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
There were a few fools that had traitor signs at the game last night, but other than that, I think most Patriots fans just miss Wes. Speaking for myself, my friends and listening to sports talk radio, the term traitor has not been used often at all. I have heard a couple of people call in to the talk radio and proceed to get blasted by the host.

The fact that he went to Denver, an AFC foe, makes it all the worse. I love Wes and miss him. If he had gone to an NFC team, I think the reaction would be a little softer.
If anyone had traitor signs they probably don't get cable in their moma's basement - so they were out of the loop.

Wes will forever be a Patriot. No matter where he goes. Just like Adam Vinatieri, he in my mind always is a Pat. We know the business end of things and the NFL is a business, but from a pure fan point of view, Wes wanted to be here and finish here because it's some place special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,767,381 times
Reputation: 2109
That run by Devlin was very Larry Csonka/Joe Riggins-esk...definitely run it down your throat football...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top