U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2014, 07:00 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,557,775 times

Advertisements

Will be interesting to see what happens with the Pats/Lions this weekend as Pats come to Lambeau the next!

Lions have a great defense but offensively have really missed the mark this year. They have squeaked by in several games, and with Stafford should do better. However, he is a gun slinger. Some will say "megatron" was out, but in this league you can't be that one dimensional.

I'm thinking Pats take this one and we'll see about the next one! One game at a time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 07:20 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,681,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Will be interesting to see what happens with the Pats/Lions this weekend as Pats come to Lambeau the next!

Lions have a great defense but offensively have really missed the mark this year. They have squeaked by in several games, and with Stafford should do better. However, he is a gun slinger. Some will say "megatron" was out, but in this league you can't be that one dimensional.

I'm thinking Pats take this one and we'll see about the next one! One game at a time!
Any chance the Pats/Packers game will be flexed? Right now it shows a 4:25 EST start on CBS

(not that i want it to be, just curious if anyone knew..)

Old 11-20-2014, 08:49 AM

I read somewhere it is unable to flex? I think it was the ESPN blog saying CBS put it on their protected list so it could not be moved to the Sunday night game.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:31 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Any chance the Pats/Packers game will be flexed? Right now it shows a 4:25 EST start on CBS

(not that i want it to be, just curious if anyone knew..)
I doubt CBS would be willing to allow NBC to have that game. It's not often New England makes the trip up to Green Bay and it could be a potential Super Bowl preview....just like CBS got the Denver at Seattle game.

Quote:

Matthew Stafford is not a QB that is going to lead the Lions to a SB title, nor is he a QB that is going to consistently have them at or near the top of the NFC. I read a stat that he has never won a road game against a team with a winning record. Add in he tries to feed the ball to Johnson a bit too much. A lot of pundits have been saying the Lions offense was better with Johnson out.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:55 AM

For reader views, I saw a title that said this game might be a SB preview??? Of course, I'm a Packer fan (no secret) but the Lions in the SB I just don't see it.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:11 AM

The TV ratings would be through the charts w a NE - GB Super Bowl...

W the way these teams are playing right now, it would be a Pick'EM on a neutral site IMO

Old 11-20-2014, 06:49 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Yes that Pats vs Packers is protected by CBS

CBS Games blocked from being flexed on Sunday Night

Week 12-Miami at Denver

Week 13-New England at Green Bay

Week 14-Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Week 15-Denver at San Diego

Week 16-Indianapolis at Dallas

Old 11-23-2014, 03:42 PM

Amazing how Belicheck can kill a fantasy team....

why oh why do I continually look to pick up guys (ie Jonas Gray) and then they just waste away.....

Anyhoo, the game was a joke today...

Old 11-23-2014, 03:44 PM

Next week is going to be an interesting game, can't wait! The way the "D" played today, I wonder about them covering Gronk!

Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Next week is going to be an interesting game, can't wait! The way the "D" played today, I wonder about them covering Gronk!
Interesting will be an understatement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or