U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
But it was not a real win because the game had no meaning to the Pats.
That is exactly what I said and meant by asterisk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 09:59 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,766,295 times
I know a lot of Pats faitful are concerned about the Ravens, normally I would be as well, however the Pats do well when they are slightly the under-dog. Also, while Gilette isn't the rockin-est stadium, home field advantage shouldn't be under-estimated. Also for the first time we have BOTH Gronk *and* a strong secondary with a solid running game. All that with a Belichick scheme and if necessary half time adjustments should keep us in the game and even give us the edge.

All that to say thought Flacco could definitely do damage and the Ravens D is no joke...Pats need there A+++ game.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:01 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,329,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I know a lot of Pats faitful are concerned about the Ravens, normally I would be as well, however the Pats do well when they are slightly the under-dog. Also, while Gilette isn't the rockin-est stadium, home field advantage shouldn't be under-estimated. Also for the first time we have BOTH Gronk *and* a strong secondary with a solid running game. All that with a Belichick scheme and if necessary half time adjustments should keep us in the game and even give us the edge.

All that to say thought Flacco could definitely do damage and the Ravens D is no joke...Pats need there A+++ game.
Only problem is the Pats won't be the underdog as the number 1 seed and home field advantage but they should be fine.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Ravens are starting to build this strange New York Giants feel to them. They win the Super Bowl two years ago going through New England. Then they miss the playoffs completely the following year with an 8-8 season. Now they make it as the 6th seed. If they can pull of the upset and make it back to the super bowl that would just be too strange.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:42 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,549,496 times
I really would like to see a Seahawks vs Patriots SB, but John Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the league right now. He knows how to beat the Patriots at home. I think the Pats have a great deal to worry about. It's going to be a tough day for Brady.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:02 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,805 times
The only reason (other than Gronk) for the Patriots to feel good about the matchup is that they don't have to worry about Ray Lewis or Ed Reed anymore (or Anquan Boldin for that matter, but Steve Smith will be tough). Brady is less likely to throw interceptions against this Baltimore team. Then again, they forced a couple against Pitt the other night.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:57 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,158,128 times
Gonna be a tough matchup, as always with these guys............GO PATS!!!!!

Old 01-05-2015, 09:21 AM

6,455 posts, read 3,459,939 times
I am more confident this year than I have been for almost a decade. I will take nothing away from the Ravens, but I believe this year, if the Pats play their game and execute, no team in the AFC can match up to them.

We have MAJOR pluses going into the Ravens game:

A healthy Gronk
A backfield with Revis and Browner
Jones and Hightower (make up for Mayo)
LaFelle, a bonafide receiver for Brady

I really believe the Pats can only beat themselves in this game. My only fear is the O-Line having a bad game.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:48 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Only problem is the Pats won't be the underdog as the number 1 seed and home field advantage but they should be fine.
Most analysts are harping that the Pats should be worried and that they would have rather seen the Steelers win. All true, however no one is handing the victory to the Pats and looking beyond next week. I like that position as the Patriots always seem to deliver when it's the atomosphere is edgy and it looks like it could go either way.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I am more confident this year than I have been for almost a decade. I will take nothing away from the Ravens, but I believe this year, if the Pats play their game and execute, no team in the AFC can match up to them.

We have MAJOR pluses going into the Ravens game:

A healthy Gronk
A backfield with Revis and Browner
Jones and Hightower (make up for Mayo)
LaFelle, a bonafide receiver for Brady

I really believe the Pats can only beat themselves in this game. My only fear is the O-Line having a bad game.
I like these too however the Ravens pass rush is no joke - Big Ben took a pounding and was on his back (sacked) 5x...Brady can't take that sorta punishment. O-Line is going to make or break this team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or