U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 08:33 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,467,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Please explain how the win was a cheap one for the Patriots. I would also not call Indianapolis a crappy team.
Exactly. The Colts got to the final four for a reason - they were good. To get blown out 45-7 says something about the Pats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
How many cans of that swill called soup that shermy will be forced to eat this week and next?
Think Brady will remember when Sherman got in his face after the game we lost? Umm yeah, I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 08:42 AM

16,532 posts, read 20,997,474 times
Quote:
Please explain how the win was a cheap one for the Patriots. I would also not call Indianapolis a crappy team.
Neither would I. The Colts win against Denver last Sunday was no accident. Andrew Luck looked pretty darn good going against that Bronco secondary. The Colts O-line gave him the time to throw and Luck was never sacked.

And I wouldn't call a 17-7 halftime lead yesterday a total whitewash. But when adjustments are made at halftime the final stats tell the tale here:

12/18 third down efficiency (67%)
2/2 fourth down efficiency (100%)

Total offense was nearly double what the Colts had---397 yards for the Pats and 209 yards for the Colts.

And defense? 126 yards passing for Andrew Luck.

Turnovers? 3 isn't a gigantic amount but no matter. You can't make mistakes against the Patriots at all.

Old 01-19-2015, 08:50 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,671 times
Quote:
Cheap because they're a crappy team. Sure Indy isn't really a crappy team, but for an AFCCG they are (until they can build a better team around Luck). If NE had played a (presumably tight) game against someone like Denver, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore (if the seeding had worked out differently of course) with a healthy secondary, I'd see it as not being cheap. Sort of like the Niners beating the Falcons a couple years ago was a cheap win.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:26 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,684,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Cheap because they're a crappy team. Sure Indy isn't really a crappy team, but for an AFCCG they are (until they can build a better team around Luck). If NE had played a (presumably tight) game against someone like Denver, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore (if the seeding had worked out differently of course) with a healthy secondary, I'd see it as not being cheap. Sort of like the Niners beating the Falcons a couple years ago was a cheap win.
By your logic, You could make the same argument that the Seahawks played a 'crappy' team in the Panthers getting to this point...of course I don't believe that, but if you are going make the point that the Pats beat a 'crappy' team in Indy, Seattle did the same thing....

Shoulda, coulda, woulda....All the teams that made the playoffs were legit (well, the Cardinals had some misfortune), but the 2 best teams are in the SuperBowl IMO. no excuses. It doesn't how they got there at this point.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:28 AM

22,895 posts, read 19,336,646 times
Quote:
Patriots are a crappy team?? Buddy, the pre-Brady Patriots were crap teams. I've been watching Patriots for close to 60 years and you are talking out your behind. Brady, Brady/Belichick have surpassed records long held by the greats of football. Like someone else said, losers hate winners and it is clear to all you are a bigtime hater.

To whoever said Brady has feet of cement, that was not his doing. Back in '01 he loved to scramble. Then when TPTB saw how valuable he was, they stopped him from scrambling to protect their investment. Past couple of games the old Brady came out. Was good to see that. Now Bledsoe had feet of cement.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:30 AM

5,631 posts, read 4,230,313 times
I don't think there is such a thing as a cheap win in a championship game. You can't play 16 regular season games, win your division, win 2 playoff games and call that CHEAP. The Colts got the title game and were very deserving to be there. They were the 2nd best team in the AFC, period.. if you had watched the entire NFL season from beginning to end, you would know that...

Old 01-19-2015, 01:42 PM

536 posts, read 473,306 times
Fun fact, Brady threw for nearly 400 yards and had a late lead two years ago against "The Legion of Boom" in Seattle...only to see the defense lose it on a few Hail Marys. This is a much better defense for New England...this ought to be a great game.

I expect Belichick will go all in to stop Lynch and Wilson on the groung and take his chances against the pass, due to Seattle's lack of a top end WR. Let Revis take away the favorite, keep McCourty deep and let the chips fall where they will.

On offense I think Brady will test Sherman and Thomas early to see just how much these injuries will impact their play. Also REALLY looking forward to seeing Gronk vs Kam Chancellor, talk about a clash of the titans.

I think the Pats will watch a lot of film on that Packers-Seahawks game to examine exactly how they were able to hold Seattle down for as long as they did, and use what they learn. But unlike the Packers, the Patriots won't take the foot off the gas until the clock hits 0.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:57 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,671 times
I was impressed at how Matthews was actually able to bring Wilson down a number of times. Not many guys in the league can do that.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I was impressed at how Matthews was actually able to bring Wilson down a number of times. Not many guys in the league can do that.
I noticed that too. He was exceptionally quick to get to Wilson, and even chased him down across the field. I suppose JJ Watt might be another.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:31 PM

I am truly waiting for the hater bandwagon comments. I am watching Brady's presser now and watched Belichick's presser earlier in the day. I can write this now because the questions are almost the same.

I saw two people who I feel were genuine. Back on Spy Gate, the Patriots never said they didn't tape, but used the words something like a misinterpretation of the rules.

With this ball issue, in watching these two greats speak, I do not see two pure liars standing in front of the press and the world, and being the perfect liars. Brady admits he likes the ball on the low end of legal PSI.

The media of course is brutal, and it was expected.

Go on the internet, look up these pressers, and listen for yourself if you are interested. I assume if you already despise the Patriots this will do nothing to change your mind. Holding a camera is one thing. PSI in a football that can be affected by so many variables - starting pressure, weather, etc - different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or