U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 03:33 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's very simple. If Brady comes out for the presser and says "hey, I like my balls a little light" (*snicker*) and "I'm sorry if we violated a league rule, we will take measures to make sure this doesn't happen again" then that ends it with more answers than more questions in the end. He had every opportunity to do this.

You know, if your team hadn't been caught cheating before under the same coach, there wouldn't be this bad a perception. There's a bit of a repeat-offender thing going, and it makes everyone wonder what other things the team might be doing that hasn't even come to light yet.
I'll continue to use the same word - ASSUME

You have stamped Brady guilty and expected him to own up at the presser. Why should he apologize for something he may know nothing about? You or I do not have the answers and the pressers being focused on this ball issue instead of the Super Bowl DURING an investigation was premature and further fuels the fire based on what you stated above with your expectations. Admission of guilt to appease the world for perception isn't the answer, the answer everyone is trying to pry out of Brady and Belichick.

I'll still contend IF someone on the Patriots is responsible, it's more likely to assume the culprit to be Josh McDaniels.

I embrace the hate as a Patriots fan, because we win. I feel like a Yankee fan of past years. The Spy Gate incident, a rules infraction (or cheating if you must), and deflated balls being the same (rules infraction, or cheating if you must), by all accounts had minimal impact on the game on the field. Yet everyone makes it out to be the difference between the Patriots winning or not. They got fined and lost draft picks the first time - a punishment that fit the crime. If the report comes out with proof of impropriety, I would expect similar sanctions. This isn't O-lineman fueled on PED's or someone spiking the opponents Gaterade with drugs - if it was something that is easily determined to impact the score, then we'd be talking about something different.

But no matter, my words fall on deaf ears outside of New England anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 04:17 PM

2,766 posts, read 2,375,608 times
I haven't been following the whole deflate thing. As a Packer fan, I'm still in recovery from Sunday. Anyways, Brady should write a book years after he retires. Include some of the inside info that Belichick makes the team keep quiet. His real thoughts about spygate, deflate gate, Belichick, teammates, other teams etc. I'd love to read it.

Rodgers has been keeping notes & he is planning to release a book after he retires. The media often asks him questions like what so & so player said to him on the hit & Rodgers replies, I'm keeping that to myself until my book comes out.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:15 PM

14,423 posts, read 26,258,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'll continue to use the same word - ASSUME

*snip*

*snip*

I embrace the hate

*snipperoo*
That's fine, expect to open your arms even wider to embrace a lot more as this is being handled the wrong way from a PR standpoint, especially after the Pats have been caught cheating before. It leaves a lot less room for the benefit of the doubt. Really, it didn't have to be this way.

One man's "rule infraction" is another man's "cheating." Right-o old bean. It's not so much the hate coming from winning. It's more how you go about winning. Even after this, all said, the Pats are way down my "hate" list. Not even top 10. Somewhere between the Falcons and the Rams probably. I'm a Packer fan. I disdain your bandwagon, people who still don't know who Steve Grogan or Irving Fryar were, but I did ours too and I was more than happy to watch much of them jump off to go buy Vikings jerseys after Favre left.

The one meeting between our teams that mattered, we won.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,345,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I haven't been following the whole deflate thing. As a Packer fan, I'm still in recovery from Sunday. Anyways, Brady should write a book years after he retires. Include some of the inside info that Belichick makes the team keep quiet. His real thoughts about spygate, deflate gate, Belichick, teammates, other teams etc. I'd love to read it.

Rodgers has been keeping notes & he is planning to release a book after he retires. The media often asks him questions like what so & so player said to him on the hit & Rodgers replies, I'm keeping that to myself until my book comes out.
Will the Rodgers book include how he prefers his footballs to be over-inflated?

Old 01-23-2015, 08:10 PM

5,107 posts, read 4,955,341 times
Has anybody raised the possibility that these footballs could have been tampered with "after" the game and the Patriots are being framed ?

Old 01-23-2015, 08:34 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Has anybody raised the possibility that these footballs could have been tampered with "after" the game and the Patriots are being framed ?
There's all sorts of possibilities depending if you talk to Patriot or non-Patriot fans, and the stories are mixed in the media and other ex-football players. But the tampering would have happened before halftime, and according to one story, at the end of the 1st half the Patriots were playing with the Colts balls because the refs had pulled the Pats balls out.

Tampering is definitely a conspiracy theory that has been discussed.

The refs as an issue has been mentioned.

Weather, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, a rogue ball boy - all mentioned. And as I've stated several times, I'll throw Josh McDaniels in the mix - Spy Gate, this Deflate Gate, and the '09 Broncos taping scandal while he was coach - he's a common denominator.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:40 PM

14,423 posts, read 26,258,761 times
IMG_1917 by jfre81, on Flickr

Could've been one of these people who let the air out of the balls. ---------------^

Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 PM

5,107 posts, read 4,955,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
IMG_1917 by jfre81, on Flickr

Could've been one of these people who let the air out of the balls. ---------------^
Yea they do look suspicious especially that woman in the blue dress....

Old 01-24-2015, 06:50 AM

2,766 posts, read 2,375,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Will the Rodgers book include how he prefers his footballs to be over-inflated?
From what I'm understanding, he's saving the lesser known things for the book. So, probably not, because he's made it public for awhile now that he likes over-inflated footballs. I assume Brady has also made it known to the media & public that he prefers softer footballs.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:01 AM

19,413 posts, read 17,510,233 times
I think what people don't want to think about is just what else Belichick and Brady have done or are doing to get any kind of unfair advantage they can to win. And face it, those two care only about winning, how doesn't matter. Belichick for his hating to lose, Brady because he wants those rings and his ego needs stroking.
If it all came out they'd both be banned from the game and Brady would never see the Hall of Fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or