U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,278,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
No one was picking Buffalo to win, and yet, there they were, only down by 8, after being down by 24, with a chance to tie. Patriot defense is leaving much to be desired right now..

The spread was +2 - it was that low because while a minority of money was on the Bills, that minority was approaching 50%.

The 538 prediction was New England 57%, Buffalo 43%.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...l-predictions/

8 of 14 ESPN panelists picked Buffalo to win.
NFL Picks and Predictions for Week 2 - National Football League - ESPN

So to claim that 'no one' was picking Buffalo is completely wrong. The Patriots were favorites, but only narrow favorites. And they covered the spread. Yes, there are problems with the defense, but trying to set it up like they barely escaped when no one ever imagined that the Bills could win is simply wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 11:48 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Totally correct, according to NFL Pickwatch! 2015 Expert NFL Picks and Predictions Week 2

They consolidate various sports places (CBS, ESPN, NFL Network, etc.) the picks were 56% Pats, 44% Bills, not exactly no one. In fact, many were calling for an upset.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:11 PM

4,984 posts, read 11,053,069 times
Tom Brady revenge on the NFL tour continues.....

Old 09-24-2015, 07:59 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,975,734 times
Being that I despise the Patriots, I ask

WILL THE PATRIOTS GO UNDEFEATED THIS SEASON ?

I see nothing except for maybe a road trip to New Yawk or Miami to challenge them

Old 09-24-2015, 08:29 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Being that I despise the Patriots, I ask

WILL THE PATRIOTS GO UNDEFEATED THIS SEASON ?

I see nothing except for maybe a road trip to New Yawk or Miami to challenge them
No they will not. I am not even sure why some people are even floating this idea, especially given we're only 2 games into the season. They still have several tough games coming up. I am thinking they go 12-4.

Tough trips to Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Miami (they have had issues down there over the last 11 seasons), and the Giants remain.

Old 09-24-2015, 08:42 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times
They will not go undefeated, and I don't necessarily buy into the revenge factor with Brady. They are 2-0 with a young and learning defense, one totally different than last year (and last year I think the "D" was the difference).

They will go anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2. Tom Brady at 38 is still the elite which in itself is amazing. As long as Gronk and Edelman stay healthy, I don't see many challenges as they shredded the highly rated Bills defense. The Jets game at this point looks intriguing. But, any given Sunday...

Old 09-25-2015, 07:50 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
The AFC East has a whole has a pretty nice schedule assuming the AFC South and NFC East are down this year. But Miami already dropped one to the Jags so anything can happen. But still, I'm holding out hope that my Bills can make a run at 12-4 or even 13-3 given the schedule. Of course my opinon on that will change greatly if we drop this game on Sunday in Miami. At any rate, if i am holding out hope for something like that, then Pats fans should definiltey be thinking 14-2 or better.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:55 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
No they will not. I am not even sure why some people are even floating this idea, especially given we're only 2 games into the season. They still have several tough games coming up. I am thinking they go 12-4.

Tough trips to Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Miami (they have had issues down there over the last 11 seasons), and the Giants remain.
I think the toughest games they have left are Denver, Miami x2 and Buffalo. I'm not quite sold on the Jets yet because of the unbelieavable amount of turnovers they have been feasting on through two games. I'm not sure that is sustainable.

I fully expect New England to crush the Colts. And Houston just doesn't look good right now.

Dallas obviously would have been intriguing if not for the injuries.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:43 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times
3-0

The Patriots look like a juggernaut on offense. They are confident and methodical on that side of the ball. Tom Brady at 38 is playing by far the best at his position thus far.

The defense looks good, but with work to do. Wilfork is missed in the running game, and that will have to be worked on. Malcolm Butler looks like the real deal, Logan Ryan does not. McCourty has been quiet thus far, and was nice to see him come up with an INT. Gostkowski is slowly becoming one of the best kickers to ever play the game.

Part of me wished the bye week wasn't next week based on how we are rolling. But knowing Belichick and Company there will be a lot of hard work and studying going on.

I wonder how Roger feels right now? Just a conspiracy theory, but it's fun thinking that Brady is playing out of his mind just to shove it in Goodell's and the NFL's face.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:20 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
3-0

The Patriots look like a juggernaut on offense. They are confident and methodical on that side of the ball. Tom Brady at 38 is playing by far the best at his position thus far.

The defense looks good, but with work to do. Wilfork is missed in the running game, and that will have to be worked on. Malcolm Butler looks like the real deal, Logan Ryan does not. McCourty has been quiet thus far, and was nice to see him come up with an INT. Gostkowski is slowly becoming one of the best kickers to ever play the game.

Part of me wished the bye week wasn't next week based on how we are rolling. But knowing Belichick and Company there will be a lot of hard work and studying going on.

I wonder how Roger feels right now? Just a conspiracy theory, but it's fun thinking that Brady is playing out of his mind just to shove it in Goodell's and the NFL's face.
A nice way to head into the bye week at 3-0. I don't like the bye week coming to early in the season; better to have it during week 9 or 10. Atlanta moved the ball pretty easily against Dallas today, so that has me hopeful the Patriots can put up some points in week 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or