U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,858,489 times

Advertisements

Definetley a small hint of the smell of 2007 Patriots in the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 09:07 PM

131 posts, read 101,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Definetley a small hint of the smell of 2007 Patriots in the air.
18-1

Don't think they could go 16-0 again this year. Still have to face that Jets secondary and overall Rex has shown he can win and keep games close in Foxborough

Old 09-28-2015, 12:23 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,255,372 times
As much as I'd like to see them go 16-0, it reminds me too much of that super bowl loss.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:35 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
As much as I'd like to see them go 16-0, it reminds me too much of that super bowl loss.
What Superbowl loss? Don't know what you're talking about, I have a 19-0 Championship hat. Had to purchase it from a kid in the Phillipines for some reason, but whatever.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
What Superbowl loss? Don't know what you're talking about, I have a 19-0 Championship hat. Had to purchase it from a kid in the Phillipines for some reason, but whatever.
Somewhere in Africa the Bills are there greatest dynasty ever.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM

4,888 posts, read 3,974,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddust View Post
18-1

Don't think they could go 16-0 again this year. Still have to face that Jets secondary and overall Rex has shown he can win and keep games close in Foxborough
Well, I am NOT a Patriots fan, but I am a football fan and can appreciate when I see the game well played.

The one consistency through these years has been coaching and the business approach to the game. The team shows up prepared and ready to work on Sunday. Granted, former players have complained about being forced to practice while injured, but the results are that these players, once healed, are back at 100%

While other teams, notably my favorite Dolphins, try to rewrite the game plan each year, Bilicheck and company stick to their program year after year. If they do not win a Super Bowl, they don't scrap the whole program and start new, they just tweak the areas that need improvement and move forward.

One would think 31 other teams would have learned to follow this business model by now.

Anyway. the reason I think that they will go undefeated has nothing to do with potential tough games like the Buffaloes or the Jets. I think it is because the coaching staff is ready with a plan on Monday mornings, which translates to a work ethic which so far has shown itself as a power-house team. They how up to a game prepared.

Perhaps it is Bilicheck's unique angle on how he prepares his team.
Bill Belichick: The NFL

Whatever the results, players are ready to step up and play their position.

No team so far has come into a game as well prepared as the Patriots.

Which is why I think that they will go undefeated.

Besides the fact that no team can challenge them at the moment (I think today they could beat anyone). Barring injury, which are a sad risk of the game, the team has the depth to go the distance.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:46 AM

ALSO

Why this New England Patriots team has the firepower to go 16-0 again - NFL

Old 09-28-2015, 01:16 PM

6,450 posts, read 3,457,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post

The one consistency through these years has been coaching and the business approach to the game. The team shows up prepared and ready to work on Sunday. Granted, former players have complained about being forced to practice while injured, but the results are that these players, once healed, are back at 100%

While other teams, notably my favorite Dolphins, try to rewrite the game plan each year, Bilicheck and company stick to their program year after year. If they do not win a Super Bowl, they don't scrap the whole program and start new, they just tweak the areas that need improvement and move forward.

I don't think they'll go undefeated. There could be injuries down the road, a whole new defense, etc.

One thing I most admire about Belichick is not only playing the same system with tweaks as opposed to reinventing the wheel, is his personnel choices.

What I mean is that throughout this incredible run of dominance in the Brady/Belichick era, the Patriots always seem to be young and in rebuilding mode. Even last year with getting Revis and Browner, they were still the 2nd youngest team to win the Super Bowl. Usually that title goes to a rebuilding team that several years back was 2-14. Also, Belichick is not afraid to jettison good players if he feels they either don't play within the system or exhibit cancerous behavior on the field, or in the locker room, or off the field.

There are always exceptions. Do you think Gronk would be allowed to be Gronk if he wasn't the best TE in the game? Belichick would not put up with antics that get you in the media, even if it's just fun.

Belichick is a mad genius. And as luck would have it, some obscure 199th pick has turned out to be arguably the best at his position all-time.

I could not ask for anything more as a Patriots fan. No other team in the history of the NFL has had a ride for so long at the top.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM

I do believe the Pats have a legitimate shot at 16-0. I'm not sure this team is as good as the '07 team, but it definitely looks likely that the schedule may be easier. They already took care of business in the opener against Pittsburgh. So one of their toughest games on paper is already a W. The game in Dallas may have been a good one but obviously not anymore with Dez and Romo out. That game in Denver is going to be a bear of a game. Denver's defense is legit. I really do expect them to go 8-0 against the NFC East and AFC South.

Miami was supposed to step it up this year but they look pretty bad. Jets are still the same old Jets. The two biggest games left for the Pats are the back to back primetime games vs. Bills and @ Broncos.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:27 PM

Looking at the Opponents, consider a few things.
The Dolphins always reinvent the wheel so to speak year after year. Problem is, their wheel is usually shaped something like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ptagon.svg.png

SO when the team thinks they are about to get rolling, they hit aa flat point. Patriots will win both games agasint the Dolphins

Cowboys tend to suprise everyone, but yesterdays game shows that the QB cannot play the "Gunslinger" offense in a pinch, and the overrated defense just got worn down. The Cowboys cannot go the distance anymore. The Patriots will win that game

The Buffaloes are still coached by Ryan, whose middle name is still inconsistent. Yes, they look good... er ok so.. far, but they only have one shot to beat the Patriots. They will not this year.
That leaves really the Broncos "AKA THE DONKEYS" as the only team. When I talk about the team in Denver, a city I have never enjoyed-(mod edit-one sentence delete) I have the upmost respect for Peyton Manning. He has had all the success his father never had, and he has earned all of it. He is a solid QB and a great player. IF anyone can challenge the Patriots defense, it would be Peyton Manning. Of course, they have not played an offense like Tom Brady's either.

I will be very surprised if they do not go 16-0.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 09-28-2015 at 07:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or