U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 04:44 PM

144 posts, read 256,553 times

Advertisements

I'm a Patriots fan and this team may well go 16-0 this regular season. They look great overall. The defense still worries me a bit. Wish they hadn't parted ways with Revis, Browner, AND Arrington, it was such a strong backfield. The Ravens, a past concern, look bad. Already beat the Bills on their field so I'm really not that concerned about a Foxboro matchup. 19 home wins in a row. Dallas is depleted. The Giants prior to this most recent game against a bad Redskins team looked terrible. The Jets are still the Jets. Miami looks terrible, actually pathetic, in that last game in their own stadium.

And you know, I'm still really not impressed with the Broncos. To me they are the one POSSIBLE problem on the schedule and in the AFC playoffs for the Patriots, but their offense just does NOT concern me as it did a couple seasons ago. Just a season ago they got bounced by a cupcake Colts team who got trounced by the Patriots just a week later. Broncos win over a struggling Baltimore, not impressive...the Chiefs gave them a game, and that game last night against Detroit was SURPRISINGLY competitive. Lions were in that game for most of it and had chances to win, they really did. They basically gave the game away in the 2nd half off stupid mistakes and penalties I wouldn't expect the Patriots to make in a similarly close game. Also the Broncos won't have to deal with an offense like the Patriot's until they play the Patriots, as there is none like them. They make it to that game undefeated and beat Peyton again whose to stop them really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 05:11 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,857,957 times
I might be a homer, but I honestly think that Monday night game Bills @ New England is going to be a very good game. The key will be if the Bills can cut their mistakes in half. Bills made a lot of them in that first game and as we know, New England took advantage of every single one of them.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:52 PM

2,621 posts, read 4,008,874 times
Quote:
They make it to that game undefeated and beat Peyton again whose to stop them really?
For what it's worth, I don't think they go 16-0 because I believe Belichick would rest the starters in the last game like he did last year. Bill won't care about 16-0 because it adds undue pressure on the team in the postseason, as evidenced by the 2007 team. That team was emotionally exhausted by the time they got to the superbowl, and Bill won't let that happen again. I would bet that if they reach the last game of the season 15-0, he'll rest the starters and lose the final game, because the Superbowl is what he's worried about, not 16-0 or even 19-0. Better to finish 18-1 with the championship than without.

As for who could beat them, Green Bay looks like the only team in the NFL that could play with them right now. THAT would be a great Superbowl 50.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:59 PM

I think Green Bay, Seattle, and Arizona in the NFC would all be tough games for the Pats. Pats would be favored in all three no doubt. But I would expect a close hard fought game in all three.

Old 09-28-2015, 06:28 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
Week 3 ends tonight. Enough with the 16-0 talk. Plenty of football left to play and the Patriots have several tough games remaining. Like I said in an earlier post, I think they go 12-4. If they manage to make it to say 11-0, or 12-0, then maybe we can start talking about a 16-0 season. But even then, it only will matter if the go on to win the Super Bowl.

Some members of the local media here have been a bit annoying the last day or so with this undefeated talk.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Week 3 ends tonight. Enough with the 16-0 talk. Plenty of football left to play and the Patriots have several tough games remaining. Like I said in an earlier post, I think they go 12-4. If they manage to make it to say 11-0, or 12-0, then maybe we can start talking about a 16-0 season. But even then, it only will matter if the go on to win the Super Bowl.

Some members of the local media here have been a bit annoying the last day or so with this undefeated talk.
Honestly, it is the schedule. 12-4 would mean the Pats would get outplayed by some pretty inferior teams.

I'm looking for my Bills to win 11 or 12 games this year with the schedule that the AFC East has been dealt this year.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:13 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
I'm thinking 14-2, as much as I would love to see them go 16-0............again, just don't think it'll happen. The 2 games I can see them dropping are @ the G-Men (they just have our # mostly) and @ the hated Jets. Miami also gives them fits down at South Beach, so there is that possibility as well. So many things can happen during the season, let's just hope for a healthy squad and another trip to the Superbowl.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:20 PM

4,981 posts, read 11,048,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

What tough games do they have remaining other than at Denver?

Miami? Frauds
Jets? Frauds
Bills? not happening in Foxboro
Giants?Frauds
Houston? Frauds

No way they lose more than 2 games they would have to try to lose to get 4 losses

Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
The Patriots have trouble playing down in Miami. I think Brady is something like 7-7 down there. So regardless of Miami's record, that tends to be a tough one.

We're only 3 games into the season so it's tough to fully read every team. I still think the Pats go 12-4, no worse than 11-5. Denver is going to be tough. Manning plays well at home and their defense is playing well. The Giants will be tough....you never know which Eli Manning you're going to get. I really think all of their remaining road games will be challenges and that is where they will lose games. Dallas is going to be a lot easier to beat given Romo and Bryant are both out.

Every game they have left at home are winnable and really they should, key word is should, win all of them. But this is the NFL and any team can win on any given Sunday. Look at the Eagles. They looked like a hot mess and went into the Meadowlands and beat the Jets.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
You're right, Tam, any given Sunday! A team in rebuilding mode can come in, play lights out, because those players want to show they belong. Packers won a game in Miami last year, in the last 10 seconds. Everyone was saying it would be an easy win, no wins are easy.

The media talk about what team could run the table, which team is the one to beat, eight or ten games in then have this conversation. I get tired of it, too! Around here, it is the Cardinals getting hyped, they are the team to beat, Packers defense is still bad, blah, blah, blah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or