U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2015, 11:20 PM

19,991 posts, read 19,028,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Every win is a big win in the NFL, especially when it's on the road. Not the prettiest win, but they move to 5-0 and that's all that matters.

Brady played pretty well, aside from that fluke INT after Julian smacked it up into the air.
A win is a win. When the Patriots win, there should be nothing to complain about when the best team in the National Football League continues to succeed. Congratulations to the Patriots on another win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 06:19 AM

3,019 posts, read 3,165,532 times
The offense tried to give it away late in the 4th, with what seemed to be three 3 and outs which took like a minute off the clock it seemed.............hated it! Luckily, the Pats came away with a victory, and thanks to the Colts "special" (yes, they were quite special) teams for that blunder of a play whiched helped the cause.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 8,297,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The offense tried to give it away late in the 4th, with what seemed to be three 3 and outs which took like a minute off the clock it seemed.............hated it! Luckily, the Pats came away with a victory, and thanks to the Colts "special" (yes, they were quite special) teams for that blunder of a play whiched helped the cause.

Just what was that silly play the Colts tried? Were they trying to make the Patriots foul? They are too smart for that (most of the time).

A win is a win but they had me worried at the end. I can't stand it when they appear to get soft and let the other team stay in it.
If Gronk hadn't recovered that onside kick this game could have ended different.

As usual The Patriots gave us an exciting game complete with Skill, Talent, Smarts and a Dash of Good Luck.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:51 AM

6,307 posts, read 7,476,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Just what was that silly play the Colts tried? Were they trying to make the Patriots foul? They are too smart for that (most of the time).
Yes. Apparently, the idea was either catch them with a misalignment, or get the Pats so discombobulated that there would be an illegal substitution or a 12 man penalty. According to Pagano, he thought the worst that would have happened to the Colts was a delay of game penalty. Where the "don't snap the ball" came into the plan or not is something that will probably be debated for quite a while.

Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano takes responsibility for failed fourth-down play

As they say though- you can't BS a BSer. I have an image in my head of Belichick patting Pagano on the head and saying, "better luck next time".

Old 10-19-2015, 05:38 PM

689 posts, read 339,717 times
Congrats to the Pats on the win and moving to 5-0! While I'm still mad that the Pats beat my team 30-6 last week, I always like seeing the Pats play because they are a well coached team who operates like a well-oiled machine. Seeing their offense click is amazing sometimes.

And I only was able to watch the last half of the game last night. To think, I thought the defense (especially the secondary) was going to regress this year...and the Pats D did very well for the most part yesterday. Malcolm Butler is a beast.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:13 AM

692 posts, read 823,925 times
Watched the game and too bad the WTF trick Colts play overshadowed what I as a newbie football thought was a pretty impressive play: Collins hurdling over the team to block the Colts kick. I mean the elves did it to the dwarves in five armies, but that was animation. This was real.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:20 AM

Very good win against a pretty good Jets team. Another divisional opponent this Thursday night who is playing quite well, let's keep it rolling!!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:21 AM

5,425 posts, read 2,597,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Very good win against a pretty good Jets team. Another divisional opponent this Thursday night who is playing quite well, let's keep it rolling!!
Hoping for an upset next week! Go fins!

Old 10-26-2015, 09:26 AM

[quote=AJ1013;41693875] Hoping for an upset next week! Go fins!

One can always hope I suppose. Thinking it'll be another good, close game though.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:36 PM

6,487 posts, read 3,476,408 times
I honestly don't know who is going to beat this team. So much for that two game momentum and all the Dolphin hype. Instead all the Dolphins ended up being was a fish dinner on the Patriots plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or