U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 09:43 PM

22,851 posts, read 19,290,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I honestly don't know who is going to beat this team. So much for that two game momentum and all the Dolphin hype. Instead all the Dolphins ended up being was a fish dinner on the Patriots plate.
Woo-hoo! Those fish got squished!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:56 PM

6,443 posts, read 3,451,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Woo-hoo! Those fish got squished!
All I can say is after 7 games, the Patriots defense looks much better than expected, and Brady is playing incredible. Lewis is a huge surprise. And Gronk and Edelman are, well, Gronk and Edelman. And of course there's that mastermind Mr. Belichick.

I'm not saying they'll go undefeated, but even with the totally injured offensive line I don't see an AFC team (including the still undefeated Bengals and Broncos) beating out the Patriots to get to the AFC Championship. Of course we could get surprised, but I just don't see it happening (not including injuries to key players).

Old 10-30-2015, 09:27 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
All I can say is after 7 games, the Patriots defense looks much better than expected, and Brady is playing incredible. Lewis is a huge surprise. And Gronk and Edelman are, well, Gronk and Edelman. And of course there's that mastermind Mr. Belichick.

I'm not saying they'll go undefeated, but even with the totally injured offensive line I don't see an AFC team (including the still undefeated Bengals and Broncos) beating out the Patriots to get to the AFC Championship. Of course we could get surprised, but I just don't see it happening (not including injuries to key players).
Be careful about the undefeated talk.....

I noticed Brady was getting alot more pressure than normal, and getting hit pretty good on some of his passes.

A team with a stout defensive line can pose some problems (like the Dolphins did last night until that 1 lineman got hurt in the 2nd half)

When Brady gets pressure, he becomes somewhat normal.....

Disclaimer: I like the Jets, but I feel that is an objective observation....

Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 AM

10,577 posts, read 7,270,970 times
What's downright scary about the Patriots, aside from the fact that Tom Brady has thrown 20 touchdown passes to 1 interception and the rest of everything that is going right on the field, is the fact that every single starter on the team is locked up through at least 2016, and the team looks to have plenty of cap space in the offseason to actually upgrade and improve their roster.

With core locked in, crafty Patriots set up to chase marquee free agents - CBSSports.com

The only real question mark is the fact that Brady is approaching the time in his career where quarterbacks often run into a wall. That said, Brett Favre had arguably the best season of his career in 2009, at the age Brady will be in 2017, and Peyton Manning had the greatest season any quarterback has ever had in 2013, when he was only eight months younger than Brady will be in 2017.

This team really looks set for another couple of seasons beyond this one.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Be careful about the undefeated talk.....

I noticed Brady was getting alot more pressure than normal, and getting hit pretty good on some of his passes.

A team with a stout defensive line can pose some problems (like the Dolphins did last night until that 1 lineman got hurt in the 2nd half)

When Brady gets pressure, he becomes somewhat normal.....

Disclaimer: I like the Jets, but I feel that is an objective observation....
If you noticed I said, and I quote: "I'm not saying they'll go undefeated,".

I fully understand how Any Given Sunday works, thanks to the Giants in 2007. Any team can have a own game, or another team play out of their minds. But thus far this year, I know what I've witnessed to date.

Despite the injury ravaged offensive line; despite losing Revis/Browner and going into this year all of the defensive question marks.

I've seen that team with its holes dominate for the most part, and making it look almost easy/businesslike. Who knows what the next game will bring. But thus far, Brady is playing probably the best in his career in a career arguably the best ever, and at the age of 38.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:01 PM

1,067 posts, read 980,978 times
Awesome game last night! Brady is playing remarkable even under pressure, Gronk was a little off but great touchdown at the beginning! The only teams I think could beat them are Bengals, Broncos and Packers.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:33 PM

13,874 posts, read 7,386,288 times
And in the next Patriots controversy, Greenpeace sent them a stern letter berating them for Dolphin slaughter.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:57 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Rumors flying all over the place about what may, or may not have happened last week against the Jets.

I'll try to focus on the football and say the team is 7-0 and has a good shot to get to 8-0 next Sunday against the Redskins. Dion Lewis has proved himself to be a big threat out of the backfield and completely negated the loss of Vareen in the off season. Hopefully LaFell will continue to get back into the swing of things and become another weapon for Brady. He did have a couple of nice catches on Thursday.

At this point it's going to come down to Denver, Cincinnati and New England for the #1 seed in the AFC. The rest of the way the Patriots should take care of their remaining home schedule (Washington, Buffalo, Philadelphia and Tennessee) and their road schedule will be a bit tougher. At Denver is going to be a big test along with a trip to Miami (where they have had mixed success the last 10 years) and at the Jets and Giants.

I still think the team goes 13-3.

Old 10-31-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Rumors flying all over the place about what may, or may not have happened last week against the Jets.
People are gullible enough to believe the artistry in the media painting a picture which basically depicts a team cheating for 14 years in some way or another. There is no way a team can be this dominate for this long. Impossible when the NFL want parity, and the Patriots are the one thorn in their side for getting closer to it. Other teams have runs of success, but nothing even close to this 14 year run. All these other teams are so tired of it that it's them resorting to cheating by undermining the game with accusations and tarnishing the image.

So the Jets tossed out another grenade about communication issues. The Pats were cleared, but the NFL went beyond protocol. Goodell goes deeper down the rabbit hole because he feels he has to now.

His power is at stake. Brady wins, and that will open the door to other players appealing any law he lays down. And Goodell has wanted parity since he's been the head honcho (and even before that), and although some teams have had nice short runs, not one team is even close to the 14 year dominance of the Patriots. The AFC East has been in parity shambles thanks to the Patriots, and one would say with 9 trips to the AFC Championship, they can't even get parity in the entire AFC. The Pats are the muck in the NFL's plans, and it's come to this.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:47 AM

11,818 posts, read 8,237,362 times
People are jealous. Other teams can't figure out how the Patriots are so successful so they Have to be Cheating.

Brady and Belichick are an awesome combination. They both have an incredible work ethic and they like to win.

I watch other games on occasion besides the Pats and it seems that the other teams lack the intensity. They Play the game but the Pats seem to Work at it. Brady wants to be a 100% perfectionist. It kills him to throw a good ball and have the receiver drop it.

Thursday night against the Dolphins there were times when it looked like the Pro Pats were playing a college or even a high school team.

There will always be haters out there and they resort to rumours of cheating to justify the Pats record.

I wonder when players are traded off the Patriots team and onto another one I wonder if they have an easier time training with the new team? There are talented guys all over the NFL but it seems the Patriots have a means to push that talent to a higher level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or