U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 05:19 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times

Advertisements

As a big football fan, I have to say that I do admire the exceptional play of this Patriots team. I have always liked the Patriots, even back in the days when they were in a fight against the Miami Dolphins coached by Don Shula and the New York Jets for supremacy in the AFC East. The current play of this team is really enjoyable to watch.

I see this team back in the SB, possibly playing the Packers, and maybe going undefeated. Hard to see anyone beating them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 08:59 PM

689 posts, read 338,232 times
Since my Boys doing so poorly this year and can't win without Romo...I will be rooting for my 2nd favorite NFC team (Panthers) or my fav AFC team Patriots.

I'm still sad over the 30-6 beatdown even with Weeden as QB. I would feel better about it if Pats sweep NFC East AND drop 40 on the Skins, Eagles and Giants. Actually drop 50 burgers on them all please LOL. Start with Skins and get 3+ interceptions from Cousins.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:26 PM

4,983 posts, read 11,050,787 times
Kind of a "meh" win today despite the 17 point margin...

This was the first game this season where Brady was even a little off on his throws....the offensive line injuries are really taking a toll though, they had to keep Gronk in to block most of the game which clearly affects the passing offense down the field...

Could be a big blow if Lewis is done for the year, he really added another dimension to the offense.

At least Lafell is rounding into form after his drop fest the first game, he also adds another option with a bigger, physical WR outside the hash marks, he looked good today...

Defense did well enough without one of their biggest playmakers, Jamie Collins on the shelf....

Best news of the day was the Bronco's loss, really helps for home field advantage race....

Pats still need to win in Denver to keep that edge but this loss definitely helps.

I also thought Luck exposed the Denver D a little, I thought all of this talk of them being an "All Time Great D" was a bit premature and I feel more comfortable about the Pats offense being able to move the ball on them, I just hope we have 5 healthy O Lineman for that game...

Old 11-09-2015, 12:03 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
Lewis out for the rest of the year...........next man up. Have always liked Bolden, and White will also have to step it up the rest of this season. Sucks about Dion though..

Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
This is a big blow. Dion had been great this year and really added another element to the offense. I've never been a Bolden fan, felt we should have kept Jonas Gray instead of him.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:47 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
This is a big blow. Dion had been great this year and really added another element to the offense. I've never been a Bolden fan, felt we should have kept Jonas Gray instead of him.
Gray really must've pissed off BB. Had to be more than being late for meetings.

Old 11-09-2015, 05:37 PM

4,983 posts, read 11,050,787 times
Gray was a one hit wonder and honestly as bad as the Colts defense has been against the run my grandmother probably could have run for 300 against them...

Gray has not distinguished himself in Miami since being released

Bolden has been better than Gray in the running game over time and also adds value as a core special teams player, something Gray didn't offer

Bolden's role probably won't change much anyway, almost certain to be James White that fills the Lewis void

Old 11-15-2015, 06:25 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,672,990 times
Very entertaining game.

That juke by Edelman to gain those extra 5 yards or so really proved huge for Gostkowski.

Kudos to them.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:29 PM

689 posts, read 338,232 times
Pats 9-0!

I was hoping the Pats would blow out the Giants but I knew this would be a challenging game for them. The Pats seem to get the Giants best with their recent history. The Patriots D is doing better than I initially thought they would do and Malcolm Butler did well covering OBJ.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:48 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
It wasn't pretty, but it was a win. A couple of big mistakes (that hold on Blount's TD and a bad throw by Brady that was picked) but they managed to overcome them and get a big road win.

If we can take care of Buffalo on Monday Night, the division should be ours. The Patriots have a good shot of going 13-3 this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or