Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
And don't forget about this investigation about how far back the Spygate thing goes. That could have some major consequences on the Pats if it turns out to be true.
I can say that I rooted for the Patriots in SB 36. But now all their recent accomplishments have a tarnish in my eyes. I can't help but question how much of what they've done is actual talent and how much was cheating or skirting the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 02:04 PM

528 posts, read 2,480,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
And I was referring to you for this quote:

They would have videotaped it. No need to steal a playbook.

videotaped it when - she said they were supposedly new plays developed specifically for the Superbowl.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
They practice for the Super Bowl too. They had to practice the new plays before putting them into play. Pats fans are going to defend them to the end but the rest of us who didn't fall under their spell can see their halos tarnishing before our eyes. Hope Tommy Boy enjoyed his super model last night and I hope she had enough wine in the suite to get through his whining!

Old 02-04-2008, 02:11 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
videotaped it when - she said they were supposedly new plays developed specifically for the Superbowl.
Wouldn't you practice your new plays during Superbowl week practice?

Would be kinda foolish to try a play during the biggest game of the year without any of the players not actually trying it once or twice.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsmom View Post
They practice for the Super Bowl too. They had to practice the new plays before putting them into play. Pats fans are going to defend them to the end but the rest of us who didn't fall under their spell can see their halos tarnishing before our eyes. Hope Tommy Boy enjoyed his super model last night and I hope she had enough wine in the suite to get through his whining!
ah, so now we have taping of Panthers SB practices, too. Not just the walk-thru, but actual practices.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:17 PM

699 posts, read 2,235,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
ah, so now we have taping of Panthers SB practices, too. Not just the walk-thru, but actual practices.

It's all just speculation, but Spygate has opened up doors that were considered preposterous. What used to be never is now unlikely.

I still don't think the Patriots should give up their rings no matter what, unless there is INDISPUTABLE evidence.

But, it is interesting.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times
Quote:
Cheating isn't the way to win, period. Play fair or don't play.
This is exactly why I was happy to see the Patriots lose.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,257 times
If they were caught videotaping the jets (one of the worst teams in the nfl during the last 4 yrs or so) signal. They are definitely doing so much more to videotape the big dawgs aka the colts, steelers, chargers etc. Jets current coach was NE defensive coordinator under Bilicheat. How in the freaking world do you go about trying to steal his schemes--offense/defense whichever one applies. NE is a piece of **** organization including their owner and the coach. The team can keep their rings but the coach needs to striped of all his records and accomplishments at NE plus be given a lifetime ban for coaching in the nfl. I am sure Notre Dame wouldn't mind making him their new OC.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,869,760 times
I found it interesting when my hubby told me that the NFL network said yesterday that the Giants refused to let NE have a final walk through on practice. Coughlin knew something was going on. Oh well, we may never know the truth. Enough is enough. Way to go Giants. I'm done on the topic.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I found it interesting when my hubby told me that the NFL network said yesterday that the Giants refused to let NE have a final walk through on practice. Coughlin knew something was going on. Oh well, we may never know the truth. Enough is enough. Way to go Giants. I'm done on the topic.
that makes no sense at all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football