Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:18 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,079,742 times

Advertisements

Reports are Julian broke a bone in his foot........might be back in time for the playoffs. Damnit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:32 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Reports are Julian broke a bone in his foot........might be back in time for the playoffs. Damnit
Another injury to a key player. Fortunately LaFell is back into the swing of things, but the loss of Edelman and Lewis is going to hurt.

Another good thing is that we won the game today and moved to 9-0. If we had lost this injury would have felt even worse.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
What a game. The Giants to the Patriots are:

The Canadiens to the Bruins
The Lakers to the Celtics
The Yankees to the Red Sox

A HUGE thorn in the side. Great win today, but should I worry that the Giants will probably still get into the playoffs? With their horrible division they probably will, and I remember twice when a less than stellar Giants got to the playoffs with Eli at the helm.

The Pats are ravaged with injuries, but found their will on the road today. Butler was amazing - hate to say it but very Revisesque, running the routes with the receivers. That long pass we'll never know because McCourty cut Butler off even though the pass was caught. And that pass interference call was bogus.

James White needs to double step up his game. Amendola just needs to keep being himself, and LaFelle looks better every game. And what is the illness with Collins (another big missing player today)?

Old 11-16-2015, 08:43 AM

144 posts, read 304,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
If we can take care of Buffalo on Monday Night, the division should be ours. The Patriots have a good shot of going 13-3 this year.
13-3? Why set your sights so low? After getting past the Giants who played their best game of the season cause they always have it in for the Patriots, the Broncos looking like garbage, who exactly do you think the Patriots could lose to? I'm looking for the 19-0 result they were so close to in the 2007 season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
but should I worry that the Giants will probably still get into the playoffs? With their horrible division they probably will, and I remember twice when a less than stellar Giants got to the playoffs with Eli at the helm.
No. They'll never get past a team like Carolina. This Giants team doesn't resemble those old teams. This Giants defense sucks. Patriots need to concern themselves with the Bengals and making sure they play them in Foxboro in January. If I was Belichick I'd start looking at Bengals film now.

Old 11-16-2015, 08:54 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
13-3 would be worrying. A somewhat self destructing 4-3 down the stretch. 15-1 or better should be the goal. I do think Edelman is a big loss for them and Lewis was maybe even a bigger loss the week before. As good as they are still with Brady, I think they will definitley be vulnerable still down the stretch. But there defense is still solid and healthy for the most part.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:20 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
13-3 would be worrying. A somewhat self destructing 4-3 down the stretch. 15-1 or better should be the goal. I do think Edelman is a big loss for them and Lewis was maybe even a bigger loss the week before. As good as they are still with Brady, I think they will definitley be vulnerable still down the stretch. But there defense is still solid and healthy for the most part.
I am always a pessimist with the Patriots for some reason. They still have to play at Denver, at New York and at Miami. All 3 of those will be tough games. Miami is a place where they have had issues - I believe they are 4-6 or 5-5 in their last 10 games down there. If both the Jets and Dolphins are still fighting for a playoff spot, you can bet they will give the Patriots their best shot. Denver is Denver. Yes they've struggled the last 2 weeks. They still have a great defense and play well at home.

Here's a fun fact: in the last 15 years the Patriots have won 81% of their games against NFC teams. Apart from 2012, they've never won less than 3 of 4 games against the NFC.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:52 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
1.....If I was Belichick I'd start looking at Bengals film now.
Belichick's success is he will never do this. Only one game in mind right now - Buffalo.

No other team has ever accomplished in 14 years what the patriots under Belichick has. That's because he properly focuses on winning one game at a time and never looking past an opponent no matter what their record is.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:17 PM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Belichick's success is he will never do this. Only one game in mind right now - Buffalo.

No other team has ever accomplished in 14 years what the patriots under Belichick has. That's because he properly focuses on winning one game at a time and never looking past an opponent no matter what their record is.

This is the truth.................and as we have seen over the years the Pats ability to seek out players from other teams who are undervalued............only to fit perfectly in the Pats playmaking.

Old 11-16-2015, 06:29 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Very entertaining game.

That juke by Edelman to gain those extra 5 yards or so really proved huge for Gostkowski.

Kudos to them.
That was Amendola, Edelman was done "juking" after the first quarter and won't be juking anyone for the next 6-8 weeks..

Old 11-16-2015, 06:41 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
It wasn't pretty, but it was a win. A couple of big mistakes (that hold on Blount's TD and a bad throw by Brady that was picked) but they managed to overcome them and get a big road win.

If we can take care of Buffalo on Monday Night, the division should be ours. The Patriots have a good shot of going 13-3 this year.
Good shot at 13-3????

Good grief man, where do you see them losing??

Belichick and Brady teams just don't lose after Thanksgiving, ever, not the good ones anyway...and this is a good one

While injuries may yet derail this team I would be shocked if they lose more than 1 game the rest of the way....

Bills aren't winning in Foxboro, they couldn't do it in Buffalo, they are not doing it on the road...

Denver is a train wreck, Peyton is the worst QB in football and probably won't be playing that game anyway, they have no run game and I'm sorry but while that Denver D is good, it isn't as good as people are making it out to be....if Indy and KC could score on them, Pats definitely will even without Edelman..Pats will be favored in that game...

Eagles? At home? Again, that team is a joke....Chip Kelly is not long for the NFL

Texans? Titans? AFC South teams....nuff said, not a prayer...

That leaves 2 road games against the Jets and Dolphins....Jets is the one potential loss I see, especially if they are still in the Wild Card hunt, if not....

Dolphins were exposed once already by the Pats and likely won't be playing for anything

I say 15-1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football