U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times

Advertisements

Hearing Gronk's injury may not be as serious as it looked.......let's hope that is indeed the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 07:21 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,230,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
The bounces went Denver's way tonight, loss of the game doesn't bother me too much.....possible loss of Gronk for the season sure does though.
I went to bed while the game was 14-7 Pats, so needless to say, I woke up surprised to see the final score. What happened to Gronk?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:41 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,671,846 times
Got his leg 'whipped' when the defender tried to tackle him low when he was reaching to make a catch..

Looked very bad. Reports say its nothing serious....

Pats IMO were in control of the game, however @ 21-7, the punt returner for NE muffed a punt and that seemed to change the momentum...

Old 11-30-2015, 07:58 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,546,947 times
The hit on Gronk was unfortunate, not on purpose. Many players talk about emphasis being placed on high, head to head hits now they go lower, and look at all the knee, leg issues this year. Brady mentioned it afterwards and I've heard other players says exactly what Brady said.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:09 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

Pats IMO were in control of the game, however @ 21-7, the punt returner for NE muffed a punt and that seemed to change the momentum...
Harpers muffed punt most certainly changed the game.....that can happen when you put guys back there in those situations they are not used to, but they had to put someone back there. Was figuring they would've had Chung back there, but Harper had been returning a few earlier with no mishaps.....until then that is.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:12 AM

4,917 posts, read 1,834,377 times
Many officiating calls went against the Pats.

No roughing the kicker call on Pats punt
Offensive holding on Gronk
Defensive holding on Chung
Clock Management confusion at end of regulation

It is already a difficult job to win on the road against a tough opponent. Having to also play against the officials makes it even more difficult.

I am not so much worried about the loss. The bigger concern is the injuries to Gronk and Hightower.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 AM

14,550 posts, read 22,415,763 times
I love Patriots press conferences after a loss, especially in the playoffs or after a late season game.

It's always a matter of nation security, conspiracy theories and such.

Usually, you hear something from hoodie and Mr. Brady about how well the other teams played on the other side of the ball. But we heard a lot about ticky tac calls, non-calls, and clock management/mismanagement issues.

I remember hearing about how Wes Welker's pick play against Aqib Talib was the dirtiest play Hoodie had ever seen.

Well my heart bleeds peanut butter for the effort there. The Broncos sure shot themselves in the foot all game long with field position and all of the three-and-outs that lead to bad field position and a few bone headed defensive penalties and having to cover receivers with linebackers etc.

But I'm thankful that Mr. Brady himself would pardon or at least not accuse the Broncos defender for a dirty tackle on Gronk. I truly feel like they were just trying hard to see that he get brought down as soon as possible had he made the catch.

I'd agree the ticky tac calls could have gone the other way, but could argue for them just as well.

Hopefully we meet again. The where will depend on who wins out going forward.

With all of that unfortunate garbage set aside, pretty darned good game, imo.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:20 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I love Patriots press conferences after a loss, especially in the playoffs or after a late season game.

It's always a matter of nation security, conspiracy theories and such.

Usually, you hear something from hoodie and Mr. Brady about how well the other teams played on the other side of the ball. But we heard a lot about ticky tac calls, non-calls, and clock management/mismanagement issues.

I remember hearing about how Wes Welker's pick play against Aqib Talib was the dirtiest play Hoodie had ever seen.

Well my heart bleeds peanut butter for the effort there. The Broncos sure shot themselves in the foot all game long with field position and all of the three-and-outs that lead to bad field position and a few bone headed defensive penalties and having to cover receivers with linebackers etc.

But I'm thankful that Mr. Brady himself would pardon or at least not accuse the Broncos defender for a dirty tackle on Gronk. I truly feel like they were just trying hard to see that he get brought down as soon as possible had he made the catch.

I'd agree the ticky tac calls could have gone the other way, but could argue for them just as well.

Hopefully we meet again. The where will depend on who wins out going forward.

Here is what Brady had to say about the hit on Gronk:

Brady was asked if he thought the hit on Gronkowski was dirty, and Brady said he doesnít think a player like Broncos safety Darian Stewart has any choice but to go low when trying to make a tackle.

ďI hate to see it, but itís really the only way for defenders to hit now. I bet if you asked a lot of players theyíd probably rather you go high than low. You go low, thatís what happens. I donít think itís dirty, I just think thatís the way football is being played now,Ē Brady said.

That muffed punt really turned the tide of the game.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:22 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,671,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Yes it was, and many on the east coast (like myself) are paying for it because we couldn't turn off the TV (and didn't get much sleep)...lol

Old 11-30-2015, 10:26 AM

28,474 posts, read 15,441,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Yes it was, and many on the east coast (like myself) are paying for it because we couldn't turn off the TV (and didn't get much sleep)...lol
As a former Virginian/Georgian, I do appreciate the extra hour for night time sporting events in the CST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or