U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-05-2016, 01:30 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Only two teams with winning records? Is that supposed to be bad?

Lets take a look at the last 10 games of the other 5 playoff teams:

Denver- 3 wins
Pats- 2 wins
Steelers- 2 wins
Texans- 2 wins
Bengals- 1 win


I believe K.C. is a dangerous team.
Because the rest of the AFC was bad doesn't make KC's win streak anymore impressive...they are over rated, QB is nothing special and I would give them little chance on the road against a good team in the playoffs....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2016, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Type 0.7 Kardashev
10,577 posts, read 7,272,570 times
Reputation: 37474
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
As for KC, lets not go overboard yes they won 10 in a row...they also beat only 2 teams with winning records during that streak....they are no powerhouse....they barely beat the Browns and Raiders the last 2 weeks....I think KC will be lucky to get by Texans and if they do I have no doubt Pats beat them at home..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Only two teams with winning records? Is that supposed to be bad?

Lets take a look at the last 10 games of the other 5 playoff teams:

Denver- 3 wins
Pats- 2 wins
Steelers- 2 wins
Texans- 2 wins
Bengals- 1 win

I believe K.C. is a dangerous team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Because the rest of the AFC was bad doesn't make KC's win streak anymore impressive...they are over rated, QB is nothing special and I would give them little chance on the road against a good team in the playoffs....
It's not merely the AFC. You made a 'point' that has no merit.

Winning teams beaten by the NFC playoff teams in their last 10 games:
Arizona - 4
Seattle - 3
Carolina - 2
Green Bay - 1
Minnesota - 1
Washington - 0

Yeah, Carolina is overrated because they only beat two teams with winning records in their last 10 games? Uh huh... sure.

Fact - this year's 12 playoff teams beat an average of 1.9 teams with winning records over their final 10 games of the season. Kansas City with 2 was not an outlier. And the AFC - which you claim is 'bad' - saw its playoff teams collectively rack up 12 victories in their last 10 games over winning teams, compared to 11 such victories by NFC playoff teams.

Kansas City may or may not be the real deal, but your claim that the fact that they only beat two winning teams in their last 10 game is reflective of this is simply baseless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 02:52 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's not merely the AFC. You made a 'point' that has no merit.

Winning teams beaten by the NFC playoff teams in their last 10 games:
Arizona - 4
Seattle - 3
Carolina - 2
Green Bay - 1
Minnesota - 1
Washington - 0

Yeah, Carolina is overrated because they only beat two teams with winning records in their last 10 games? Uh huh... sure.

Fact - this year's 12 playoff teams beat an average of 1.9 teams with winning records over their final 10 games of the season. Kansas City with 2 was not an outlier. And the AFC - which you claim is 'bad' - saw its playoff teams collectively rack up 12 victories in their last 10 games over winning teams, compared to 11 such victories by NFC playoff teams.

Kansas City may or may not be the real deal, but your claim that the fact that they only beat two winning teams in their last 10 game is reflective of this is simply baseless.
You are making the same mistake as the butcher....

My claim has merit and is far from baseless....

FACT: KC beat only 2 playoff caliber teams during their 10 game winning streak, to me, that makes the 10 game streak less than impressive

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE SAME COULD BE SAID FOR OTHER PLAYOFF TEAMS

If you want to make the argument that NONE of the AFC Playoff teams are all that impressive I wouldn't disagree with you...

This has been an atypical year for the NFL where "parity" has meant 2/3's of the teams have been horrible while the upper 1/3 have beat up on those horrible teams.....there has been BAD play from a whole host of teams...

I honestly don't know where to stack the AFC Playoff teams.....they all have flaws, there is no "complete team" that should scare any team in the NFC....

But to say KC is "playing the best ball and powered there way into the playoffs and may be unbeatable"

Really?

Not seeing it, any other year that KC team would have been lucky to make the playoffs, they weren't exactly crushing teams through the streak, eked out some wins against some pretty crappy teams

I'm not saying the Pats are all that either, I do think that if they get everyone back healthy they are the closest to a "complete team" in the AFC as they have a top tier D and Offense, not something the other AFC playoff teams can say including KC which had the 27th ranked Offense by the way

As for Carolina...I live in NC and watched all their games, I wouldn't bet against them but they did have the easiest schedule in the NFL this year....they are no lock for the Superbowl...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 03:37 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
You are making the same mistake as the butcher....

My claim has merit and is far from baseless....

FACT: KC beat only 2 playoff caliber teams during their 10 game winning streak, to me, that makes the 10 game streak less than impressive

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT THE SAME COULD BE SAID FOR OTHER PLAYOFF TEAMS
It absolutely matters. It is the basis of your entire argument of the Chiefs being a far inferior team to the Texans and Pats.


When you say
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I think KC will be lucky to get by Texans and if they do I have no doubt Pats beat them at home..
That translates to KC is a far inferior team if they would be lucky to beat an average 9-7 Texans team or have no shot at beating the Pats.


Not to mention you criticize the Chiefs for only narrowly beating the Browns and Raiders to end the season. But what about the fact that the Pats finished the season with consecutive losses to the Jets and Fish? Or the Steelers losing to the Ravens. Narrowly beating a poor or average team is certainly preferable to straight up losing right?


Also,


Take a deeper look at the Chiefs 1-5 record to start the season. It was a brutal schedule. Of the five losses, four were to playoffs teams. Three of those playoff teams would start the season HOT, like real hot: 6-0 Packers, 7-0 Broncos, 8-0 Bengals. They would lose to the Bear by one point, on the road to the Vikings (another playoff team) by less than a TD. We all remember the Denver loss. They should have won the game outside of two inexplicable Jamall Charles fumbles. And there one win to start the season was against that average Texans team that they will be lucky to beat in the playoffs. Looking back on it, this was not your average 1-5 team.


Blue,


You made the claim the that the Bills had absolutely nothing to play for against the Jets and would be sure losers in that game. Yet the week before we had proof that a down trodden team like the Ravens could absolutely play hard to spoil a division foe.


Sure, K.C. could lose their first playoff game or get crushed by the Pats. But I'm just not seeing why I should be so confident either scenario will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 03:46 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
It absolutely matters. It is the basis of your entire argument of the Chiefs being a far inferior team to the Texans and Pats.


When you say

That translates to KC is a far inferior team if they would be lucky to beat an average 9-7 Texans team or have no shot at beating the Pats.


Not to mention you criticize the Chiefs for only narrowly beating the Browns and Raiders to end the season. But what about the fact that the Pats finished the season with consecutive losses to the Jets and Fish? Or the Steelers losing to the Ravens. Narrowly beating a poor or average team is certainly preferable to straight up losing right?


Also,


Take a deeper look at the Chiefs 1-5 record to start the season. It was a brutal schedule. Of the five losses, four were to playoffs teams. Three of those playoff teams would start the season HOT, like real hot: 6-0 Packers, 7-0 Broncos, 8-0 Bengals. They would lose to the Bear by one point, on the road to the Vikings (another playoff team) by less than a TD. We all remember the Denver loss. They should have won the game outside of two inexplicable Jamall Charles fumbles. And there one win to start the season was against that average Texans team that they will be lucky to beat in the playoffs. Looking back on it, this was not your average 1-5 team.


Blue,


You made the claim the that the Bills had absolutely nothing to play for against the Jets and would be sure losers in that game. Yet the week before we had proof that a down trodden team like the Ravens could absolutely play hard to spoil a division foe.


Sure, K.C. could lose their first playoff game or get crushed by the Pats. But I'm just not seeing why I should be so confident either scenario will happen.
Show me where I said that beating only 2 playoff teams during the 10 game win streak equals the reason the Chiefs are "far inferior" to the Pats???

I said that beating only 2 playoff teams makes their win streak less than impressive....and it does, regardless of how other teams did....how other teams did has no bearing on this comment....

You should also note that I said NONE of the AFC Playoff teams are all that impressive to me and that includes the Pats....I also said I'm not sure how I would rank the current playoff teams going in to this weekend...

Fine I guess the KC Chiefs are the second coming of the 85 Bears...they better be with that **** poor offense...

I guess I am alone in my beliefs....oh wait, thats right pretty much every sports writer in America along with Vegas has the Chiefs as the longest shot to make the SB out of the AFC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 04:13 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Reputation: 2350
Blue, you can't say you don't know how you would rank the AFC playoff teams and then state that the Chiefs would be lucky to beat the Texans and have no shot to beat the Pats. You have clearly ranked the Chiefs as a far inferior team.

Your statements are full of contradictions. Again, you criticize the Chiefs for almost losing to a bad team but speak nothing of the Steelers actually losing to a poor team. Instead you believe the Pats are lucky because they might dodge that Steelers team.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are the team to beat. But I don't view them as a push over either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Blue, you can't say you don't know how you would rank the AFC playoff teams and then state that the Chiefs would be lucky to beat the Texans and have no shot to beat the Pats. You have clearly ranked the Chiefs as a far inferior team.

Your statements are full of contradictions. Again, you criticize the Chiefs for almost losing to a bad team but speak nothing of the Steelers actually losing to a poor team. Instead you believe the Pats are lucky because they might dodge that Steelers team.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are the team to beat. But I don't view them as a push over either.
Here are the current Vegas odds for winning the SB....

Super Bowl odds: Vegas tabs Cardinals, Panthers, Patriots as early favorites | PennLive.com

Only AFC team the Chiefs are ahead of is the Texans....Pats, Broncos, Steelers and Bengals all favored over them...

Apparently Vegas wasn't very impressed with the 10 game winning streak either or they would be the prohibitive favorite to win out of the AFC

I don't see the contradictions you are seeing....

I don't care that the Steelers or Pats actually DID lose to bad teams while the Chiefs actually won...albeit barely...

How many different ways do I have to say this...

My view of the Chiefs "unimpressive" 10 game winning streak is "independent" of what the other playoff teams did...

Just like flipping a coin and getting heads the first time doesn't make it any more likely the next flip will be tails..they are independent of one another.

My opinion of the KC streak is independent of what the other teams did or didn't do...yes the Chiefs could only play who was on the schedule...yes they don't control how those other teams did against other teams...bottom line the 10 game winning streak did get them into the playoffs and they had little margin for error...but it was still a streak against mostly bad teams

The Pats, Steelers, Bengals and Broncos could have all lost 10 in a row it wouldn't make the Chiefs winning streak any more impressive...

There were a lot of "bad teams" this year, the Chiefs beat more of them over the past 2 months than anyone else....does that mean they are more likely to win against the other playoff teams..... I say not....you may say differently, thats fine

Please feel free to quote all the media members outside of Kansas City that feel the Chiefs should be considered "unbeatable" due to the streak....because the person I originally responded to in this thread seemed to think that was the case...

Any team can win any Sunday so sure the Chiefs "could" win the SB..

But while I don't know how I would rate the top 3-4 teams in the AFC I know the bottom 2 teams are the Chiefs and Texans and anyone saying different is either a fan of one of those 2 teams or delusional
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2016, 09:07 PM
 
4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Reputation: 2350
All I can say Blue is I hope this doesn't turn out like your Buffalo prediction for you.

Since this is an Unofficial Official Pats thread I'll leave it at that so to not derail this thread any further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,999 posts, read 3,156,060 times
Reputation: 1644
KC coming into town, Pats will be ready. Health has been a concern of course, but I think they'll be the healthiest they've been in a few months for this game and will take care of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2016, 06:20 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Reputation: 3695
Going to be a great matchup IMO. Looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top