U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2016, 06:00 PM

6,443 posts, read 3,451,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I am not a Pats fan, but agree that Brady is the best ever....often said I have never seen a QB do so much with so little....Now, to say Montana can't COMPARE with Brady, that may be a bit harsh
Not saying the two can't be compared, but we'll never know if Joe would have gone 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 in SB's because he never went to that many. So if that's an important stat, # of SUper Bowl appearances, Brady gets the nod there. And then coupling that with free agency gives Brady some more leverage in the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:06 PM

3,575 posts, read 1,772,860 times
Yep....pretty much in awe of what Brady and Company has done in spite of free agency. Lets be honest...a couple of those Super Bowl losses were pretty....unlikely. Though Lady Luck certainly smiled last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
IMHO, this is what makes this dynasty the greatest in NFL history, bar none. I could care less about Montana's 4-0 in Super Bowls. We'll never be able to compare to Brady because Brady got to 6, and not just 4. And Brady has led a team that doesn't really have a bonafide running game, nor other than Moss has he ever had a legitimate #1 tall deep threat to play with.

And for those who say the Pats wins were because of defense, haha. The offense is generally towards the top of the league every year, thus that argument is null and void.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 PM

626 posts, read 760,820 times
I am a Chiefs fan, and I wish Kansas City had won yesterday. I was so sad last night. I have to admit, the Patriots deserved the win and they played a much better game. But at this point, I just want someone to stop Denver. So I hope the Patriots will win next Sunday. I hope Carolina can win against Arizona, because I know Carolina can beat Denver if the Broncos go to the Super Bowl. I don't know if Arizona could beat Denver if Green Bay took the Cardinals to overtime last night. Honestly, I think Denver will win next weekend only because the AFC Championship game will be in Denver.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:36 PM

14,547 posts, read 22,409,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I am a Chiefs fan, and I wish Kansas City had won yesterday. I was so sad last night. I have to admit, the Patriots deserved the win and they played a much better game. But at this point, I just want someone to stop Denver. So I hope the Patriots will win next Sunday. I hope Carolina can win against Arizona, because I know Carolina can beat Denver if the Broncos go to the Super Bowl. I don't know if Arizona could beat Denver if Green Bay took the Cardinals to overtime last night. Honestly, I think Denver will win next weekend only because the AFC Championship game will be in Denver.
Aw, a Bronco h8r. You know you've arrived when you got h8rs. So, any chance you're from podunk Branson Missouri?

Old 01-18-2016, 07:27 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,060 times
I am liking the chances up in Denver, even though the record there has not been steller. The Pats O-line looked a lot better with Vollmer back there, will need him and the rest of those guys to stay together against that Broncos front. Edleman being back (although there are reports of him going to the x-ray room after the game) will help Brady get the ball out quick, which will also help keep the Broncos defensive front at bay.......like I said, I like our chances. GO PATS!!

Old 01-18-2016, 10:14 AM

626 posts, read 760,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Aw, a Bronco h8r. You know you've arrived when you got h8rs. So, any chance you're from podunk Branson Missouri?

I'm not from Branson. Actually, I was born in Kansas City.

Last edited by anonymous51; 01-18-2016 at 11:05 AM..

Old 01-18-2016, 12:58 PM

You guys would be picked for a route if this game was in New England. Maybe we need to send some roses to Miami. Red roses.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:10 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
You guys would be picked for a route if this game was in New England. Maybe we need to send some roses to Miami. Red roses.
Denver is a solid football team. Doesn't matter where the game is played - it will be a close game.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:32 PM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Just heard a great stat that tells anyone all they need to know about where Brady is versus Manning this year...

Tom Brady has thrown 3 TD passes in Denver this season Manning has thrown one....let that sink in

Bottom line if both teams play well the Pats will win....

If Denver plays poorly the Pats will win...

Only way Denver wins is if Pats play poorly or we have more in game injuries

Old 01-18-2016, 04:07 PM

Hard to believe that Manning has only thrown one TD in Denver. Plenty of interceptions. He was still leading the leading the league in interceptions well after he quit playing.

Don't tell that to the Manning crowd.

Manning is one of the all time greats. There is no doubt. His day has probably passed. I'd still like to keep him for light duty/back up duty if he will work with the salary situation. No way that he plays full time next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or