U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 06:20 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,882,570 times

Advertisements

Gronk really proved today why he is the best TE in the game, and easily one of the best to ever play the position.

Hats off to the Broncos. Their defense won the the game today.

I still think they should have kicked the FG in the 4th to make it 20-15. You had about 2:40 left on the clock, all 3 timeouts and the two minute warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 06:29 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,512,204 times
I think they should have also kicked it with 6 or 7 mins left, whatever it was. Maybe it's 20-18 during the last drive with the ball.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:35 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,461,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Gronk really proved today why he is the best TE in the game, and easily one of the best to ever play the position.

I still think they should have kicked the FG in the 4th to make it 20-15. You had about 2:40 left on the clock, all 3 timeouts and the two minute warning.
I thought the same thing about the FG too.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:36 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First & 10 View Post
Something tells me if the Pats won today, "Bluedevilz" would have been all over this page....guess he really can't talk smack now so he didn't join
Something tells me you root for a team that hasn't won or even been in a meaningful game in over 20 years say like the Cowgirls?

So go back under your rock and dream of the day when your team is relevant again...hint it won't be in Jerry Jones lifetime

Old 01-24-2016, 06:38 PM

1,689 posts, read 2,060,014 times
From a Broncos fan, that Gronk is a game changer. He almost pulled it off for you guys.

No shame in getting beat today. The team that played better on this Sunday won.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:38 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Something tells me you root for a team that hasn't won or even been in a meaningful game in over 20 years say like the Cowgirls?

So go back under your rock and dream of the day when your team is relevant again...hint it won't be in Jerry Jones lifetime
BlueDevilz,

You talk the most guaranteed smack of anyone on the pro football forum. My advice is to tone it down a notch and look at things from a more realistic perspective.

It's okay to be wrong, most people are wrong half the time. But you make outlandish predictions and use words like "guarantee, no way, impossible, destroy, terrible etc when making your predictions. This is the NFL, you can never use absolutes like that.

Old 01-24-2016, 07:43 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times
Definitely probably should have kicked the field goal around the 6 minute mark. But I think they had 4 the and one so I can see how that would be tempting.

They sure did try to get there use out of James White in the passing game. Maybe the passes should have been forced to Gronk sooner but his big plays late in the fourth also may have coincided with the Broncos losing both their safeties.

Who is missing from. The Pats line starter wise? I know Nate Solder has been out for a while.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:52 AM

2,167 posts, read 1,266,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Feeling very confident about this game I really don't think it's going to be close I think Pats will embarrass Denver on par with what Seattle did to them in SB 48

Pats played a better QB last week in Smith who is very mobile and was able to escape the rush Manning is a sitting duck back there be surprised if he makes it through the game. All we hear about is the Denver pass rush well Pats were second to Denver in sacks neither team has a great o line but Brady is much more elusive in the pocket and won't turtle up at the first sign of a rush

Shut down the running game make Denver one dimensional and no way will that offense keep pace with Brady
Manning can't make the throws to beat the New England defense
Really?? As a life long Broncos fan, I don't know, but the feeling is sure not embarrassment!!

Last edited by mollygee; 01-25-2016 at 04:24 AM..

Old 01-25-2016, 06:27 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,158,128 times
Marcus Cannon...........do your job will yah.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:01 AM

5,917 posts, read 6,723,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
I think they should have also kicked it with 6 or 7 mins left, whatever it was. Maybe it's 20-18 during the last drive with the ball.

No doubt that the Bronco defense was awesome today. Brady looked silly on just about every play, and we know it is not him. Denver just put so much pressure on him that there was no time for plays to develop--and maybe they never would have the way the Denver secondary played as well.

But...New England lost the game on poor play calling. When you need two scores, you take what you can get. They had an easy field goal, and opted to go for it on fourth and one with a half dozen minutes left to play.

Strike one.

Then, when they were in the same position a minute or two later, they tried the same thing.

Strike two.

And then, with just seconds to play, had they kicked the firs two field goals when they had them within easy reach, they could have kicked the game winner, but, of course, having made poor play calls on the last two opportunities, they had to go for the touchdown. That was a great catch. But too little, too late.

And of course, with Denver's defense playing so well, they weren't about to give New England two scores on back to back plays.

Strike three.

This one is on Belichick. He called it poorly....."all in" when he could have taken the conservative route and won the game. Given the way Denver was holding New England back, it was an obvious call to kick the field goals. It was almost like Belichick was getting paid to throw the game.

Denver defense against Carolina offense. Gonna be one hell of a game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or