U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 04:44 PM

4,986 posts, read 11,064,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Doesn't really come as a surprise. The O Line was terrible the entire 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.
Yeah he didn't have a lot to work with but it is a bottom line business...

Getting Solder back next year will change the whole dynamic and the rookies looked decent I think they will be good when they can settle into one position
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:06 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,991,509 times
On my local sport talk station I want to share something with the Patriot fans regarding #12, something I just heard a bit ago.

GOOGLE in "C.J. Anderson on Tom Brady on instagram."

On instagram Anderson said that Tom had sought him out right after Brady congratulated Peyton Manning after the game. According to Anderson Brady said, " Keep proving the NFL naysayers wrong. You're a great back. I like the way you run. Keep up the good work!"

Anderson was elated after those compliments. He's a back up back to Ronnie Hillman. He doesn't get a lot of respect from the national press, in their view he's just an average back.

That might surprise a lot of NFL fans but it doesn't surprise me. The best NFL players are known for that. Giving credit where credit's due and encouraging the younger players, be it teammate or opposition. And Tom Brady should know, he was drafted #199 in that 2000 NFL draft.

Brady>>>>CLASS!

Old 01-27-2016, 10:55 AM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,726 times
That he is DBL H......that he is. It's great having him.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:05 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
On my local sport talk station I want to share something with the Patriot fans regarding #12, something I just heard a bit ago.

GOOGLE in "C.J. Anderson on Tom Brady on instagram."

On instagram Anderson said that Tom had sought him out right after Brady congratulated Peyton Manning after the game. According to Anderson Brady said, " Keep proving the NFL naysayers wrong. You're a great back. I like the way you run. Keep up the good work!"

Anderson was elated after those compliments. He's a back up back to Ronnie Hillman. He doesn't get a lot of respect from the national press, in their view he's just an average back.

That might surprise a lot of NFL fans but it doesn't surprise me. The best NFL players are known for that. Giving credit where credit's due and encouraging the younger players, be it teammate or opposition. And Tom Brady should know, he was drafted #199 in that 2000 NFL draft.

Brady>>>>CLASS!
I saw this. I've always thought of TB12 as nothing but class. I believe his and Gisele's Facebook pages where they share some of their personal lives with their fans are honest, and not some fake paint to make people believe they are something they are not.

The day after the game, Gisele posted a picture of Tom with two of his kids on his lap with her comment about love.

I've followed Tom Brady since day #1. I have a different viewpoint about Spygate than outsiders do - it was wrong but not to the level of cheat that others label him. I have thoughts about Deflategate, but not worth arguing with others about because their opinions are already set.

Tom Brady is great for a variety of reasons. As a football player his stats and record prove his greatness. As a human being, his ability to play the work/life balance game with his wife, both who do their jobs at elite levels, speaks for itself. As a family man he certainly portrays himself as a good one.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:46 AM

5,630 posts, read 4,228,367 times
Brady is Brady. I think the haters will have a different view of him 20 years after he has retired. I think its impossible for us as fans to get any sort of idea what a NFL person is like at home without being at home with them. For me, I assume the best unless proven otherwise.

As for Spygate, that really had NOTHING to do with Brady.. deflategate, well... that's another story which will likely take up more headlines this offseason.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:47 AM

I believe the NFL did a test on the balls used during the Vikings/Seahawks game to see if any air may have been lost. Haven't heard anything about that test, has anyone else? Perhaps those balls lost a pound or 2 of air, and they do not want to release any info about it. Just curious.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:16 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,466,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I believe the NFL did a test on the balls used during the Vikings/Seahawks game to see if any air may have been lost. Haven't heard anything about that test, has anyone else? Perhaps those balls lost a pound or 2 of air, and they do not want to release any info about it. Just curious.
Sometimes just the lack of knowledge of any results from testing is your answer

Old 01-28-2016, 04:51 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,884,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Sometimes just the lack of knowledge of any results from testing is your answer
The NFL is not going to release the data for that game, or any of the other games they tested during the season because it will make them look like even more stupid than they already did after deflategate.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
The NFL is not going to release the data for that game, or any of the other games they tested during the season because it will make them look like even more stupid than they already did after deflategate.
That's kinda what I'm thinking as well.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:40 AM

5,630 posts, read 4,228,367 times
They could be saving those results for the appeal. Or trying to figure out an explanation around them for the appeal. Regardless, if those test were very damning, it seems the appeal would be dropped. Personally, they should probably just drop the appeal vs bringing all this back up into view... I think both parties come off looking bad either way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or