U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2016, 03:59 AM

18,410 posts, read 23,629,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
TJ Ward is a punk....one of the dirtiest players in the NFL.

Loved that he was flexing after costing his team any chance of getting the ball back with his boneheaded cheap shot...
I watched that thinking what an ass.....will he get fined???

all year the coaches and players are wrapped up on going to the playoffs,,,,,on the broncos,,,,,,and this one idiot,,,,,costs the team a chance,,,

hes out there flexing after a body slam???

he should have been ejected from the game..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 04:03 AM

5,731 posts, read 4,256,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I watched that thinking what an ass.....will he get fined???

all year the coaches and players are wrapped up on going to the playoffs,,,,,on the broncos,,,,,,and this one idiot,,,,,costs the team a chance,,,

hes out there flexing after a body slam???

he should have been ejected from the game..
Just DUMB. What was is Jimmy Johnson said "Hit me over the head with a hammer the next time I draft a DUMB Player!"

Old 12-21-2016, 09:39 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,970,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
We are lucky fans.......and as a few of my buddies and I have debated, there are few teams that have consistently been contenders over a stretch of four years or better, also know as dynasty's. Certainly not in the last ten years.
To me, there have been five NFL dynasties: Packers in the 60's; Steelers in the 70's, Niners in the 80's, Cowboys in the 90's; and the Patriots from 2001 to present. Based on success: Super Bowl wins, Championship wins, playoff win %, regular season %...

Old 12-21-2016, 11:01 AM

5,731 posts, read 4,256,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
To me, there have been five NFL dynasties: Packers in the 60's; Steelers in the 70's, Niners in the 80's, Cowboys in the 90's; and the Patriots from 2001 to present. Based on success: Super Bowl wins, Championship wins, playoff win %, regular season %...
Although they lacked the number of Championships that the 90s Cowboys had.. the 70s Cowboys were a BIGGER/BETTER dynasty IMO.. From 1966-1985.. the Cowboys posted a winning season (20 straight)... during this span they played in 5 SBs, winning 2. They were also in the NFC Champ game 12 times and made the playoffs 18 times in 20 seasons!

That is another one of the achievements the Patriots are chasing.. I think they are at 16 winning seasons in a row now.. and 14 of 16 in the Playoffs with 6 SBs, winning 4 and 10 Conf Champ appearances. I think you could easily argue the Pats are the greatest Dyanasty in NFL history at this point but give them 4 more winning seasons, even without another SB, and the case is likely closed!

Old 12-21-2016, 11:18 AM

13,048 posts, read 8,836,300 times
This is a team that's built on defense, they're not blowing people away because Gronk's been hurt and they're grinding their wins. But they have shutdown a lot of offenses, I don't see any team that can stop them in the AFC.

Old 12-21-2016, 12:49 PM

16,541 posts, read 21,031,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Just DUMB. What was is Jimmy Johnson said "Hit me over the head with a hammer the next time I draft a DUMB Player!"
Agreed!

The play is several yards away from him-and the play's over. Then he tackles Edelman. And flexes his muscles. Duh.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:28 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,309,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Although they lacked the number of Championships that the 90s Cowboys had.. the 70s Cowboys were a BIGGER/BETTER dynasty IMO.. From 1966-1985.. the Cowboys posted a winning season (20 straight)... during this span they played in 5 SBs, winning 2. They were also in the NFC Champ game 12 times and made the playoffs 18 times in 20 seasons!
It's pretty impressive that the Cowboys played in 10 of the first 13 NFC Championship Games held - plus the two NFL Championship games after the 1966 and 1967 seasons, when the 'title' game was really just a run-up to the Super Bowl (which then went by the catchy moniker of 'AFL-NFL World Championship Game').

Quote:
That is another one of the achievements the Patriots are chasing.. I think they are at 16 winning seasons in a row now.. and 14 of 16 in the Playoffs with 6 SBs, winning 4 and 10 Conf Champ appearances. I think you could easily argue the Pats are the greatest Dyanasty in NFL history at this point but give them 4 more winning seasons, even without another SB, and the case is likely closed!
It's worth noting that those 14 playoff appearances were all division titles, while also noting that Dallas generally played in larger divisions (8 teams in 1966, 4 teams 1967-1969, then 5 teams 1970 thru the end of their dynasty). Meanwhile, the Patriots have played in a 4-team division during the Belichick/Brady dynasty, except for the first year, when there were still five teams in the pre-realignment AFC East.

But where I tend to give the Patriots the edge is that at every level, they have winning records.

Wild Card Games - 2 wins, 1 loss
Divisional Round Games - 10 wins, 2 losses
AFC Championship Games - 6 wins, 4 losses
Super Bowls - 4 wins, 2 losses

One other tidbit - the Patriots have only gone one-and-done 2x in 13 playoff appearances.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:39 PM

357 posts, read 156,747 times
If Baltimore wins tomorrow, here's are your six potential AFC starting qbs for the playoffs.

Tom Brady
Joe Flacco
Alex Smith
Matt Moore
Tom Savage or Cassell
Matt McGloin

Old 12-24-2016, 08:53 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,309,264 times
And with today's win, Bill Belichick has coached six different teams to 14 wins (regular season only). That's best all-time.

Guess who is number two?

Spoiler
George Seifert, with four.

These coaches have three:
Jeff Fisher
Mike Holmgren
Marty Schottenheimer
Mike Shanahan
Bill Walsh

If the Patriots can defeat the Dolphins in week 17, Belichick will have his fifth 14-win season. Seifert has three. Ditka has two. I don't think anyone else has more than one.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:27 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,518,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmillion83 View Post
If Baltimore wins tomorrow, here's are your six potential AFC starting qbs for the playoffs.

Tom Brady
Joe Flacco
Alex Smith
Matt Moore
Tom Savage or Cassell
Matt McGloin
Actually week 17 is a big question mark. Baltimore struggles mightily with Cincinnati, especially if AJG comes back, while Pittsburgh gets Cleveland. It's a shame about Carr though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or