Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 02:19 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Phooey, I was hoping it would be the Dolphins again. I just LOVE when the Pats beat them and I am wearing my Pats gear proudly! I also wanted them to win because I could have been positive the game would be on tv down here. Now there's a chance it may not be.
If you live in the US game will be on TV. All playoff games are televised doesn't matter location or team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 03:11 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
If you live in the US game will be on TV. All playoff games are televised doesn't matter location or team
Yea, that was my response.. all the NFL Playoff games are on National TV.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:30 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
If Clowney and Watt were both playing, that would be scary.

I believe the Patriots are the best team in football, and if they play to their capabilities they will not be beat. I just don't see any team beating the pats on the merits of each team alone. But as Pats fans, despite our ridiculous record in the Brady/Belichick era, we've witnessed many losses that just should never have happened.

Old 01-10-2017, 06:07 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
If Clowney and Watt were both playing, that would be scary.

I believe the Patriots are the best team in football, and if they play to their capabilities they will not be beat. I just don't see any team beating the pats on the merits of each team alone. But as Pats fans, despite our ridiculous record in the Brady/Belichick era, we've witnessed many losses that just should never have happened.
2011 at home vs. the Jets and 2013 at home vs the Ravens are two prime examples. It's the NFL playoffs - anything can happen when you have a single elimination game. On paper the Patriots should beat the Texans, but paper doesn't matter. Any team can win at this point.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
How nice, I spent time with Texan and Cowboys fans yesterday and we had a nice conversation. Of course I had a Pat's teeshirt on and that got the ball rolling. I will get to see that new, young QB of Houston's tonight. Texan fan held out his hand to shake mine and wished my team good luck. I wished him back but then said "Sorry, you're not gonna win." ;-) LOL, even he agreed. It was a fun moment.

On FB, you can put a temporary banner on your pic for the Pats. FYI.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:22 PM

I think I can now say "Yay!!!" Better game than most people thought it would be!

Old 01-14-2017, 09:25 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I think I can now say "Yay!!!" Better game than most people thought it would be!
That was the best remaining defense in the playoffs and Pats still scored 34

Old 01-15-2017, 08:16 AM

That defense was good! They were out to hurt Brady and company for sure. Has anyone heard how Hogan's thigh is? I couldn't believe Bennett went back into the game! Trouper. Are they saving Gronk for one last hurrah at SB LI?

Another late night at Mo.

I was pleased that my pick of the Falcons was right!

Old 01-15-2017, 08:17 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
That was the best remaining defense in the playoffs and Pats still scored 34
They were the best yardage defense in the league. If you are quoting a points statistic, then there are still three defenses left in the playoffs that gave up less ppg then the Patriots (patriots were #1 and Houston 11th in ppg). I'm guessing why the Texans didn't do as well in total points given up is because their offense could not sustain drives and sometimes put their defense in compromising positions just like we saw last night.

And the biggest difference is all those teams remaining, including the Kansas City Chiefs even, have FAR better offenses than Houston. Even the Chiefs who are the next most anemic offense left in the playoffs scored over 24ppg which was a whole TD and extra point better than Houston over the course of the season.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:19 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
That Texans game just highlights what it is like to be a Patriots fan.

That game was ugly. Score aside, at the end of the game I thought they didn't play all that well and have a lot to improve on if they want to get to the Super Bowl.

Then the facts. They dropped 34 points on the #1 defense. The game wasn't even 18 points close, as we gift wrapped 10 of the Texans points with sloppiness. The Patriots are going to their sixth AFC CHampionship in a row (that's just plain siiiiiiiiick), and yet we Pats fans know that's just not good enough.

The level of excellence that Belichick instills in the players is amazing. BRady's expectation of himself and his teammates is exemplary. I fear both the Steelers and the Chiefs, but that Steelers offense is really scary IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football