U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 09:58 AM

6,449 posts, read 3,457,518 times

Advertisements

Very VERY nice watching the parade right now. #5 is as sweet if not sweeter than the first. Amazing year, AMAZING Super Bowl, amazing owner, amazing coach, amazing QB and on field/locker room leader. This just does not get old, not at all. To think that the same coach/QB have just completed their 2nd round of 2 SB wins in 3 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 10:15 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Yep, it is awesome, great to see, even with the weather! Boston knows how to party, I know from personal experience!

A little off topic, but I saw the 2013 Victory Parade for the Red Sox! On a cruise our ship stopped in Boston. Being a 14 day positioning cruise, it was mostly "older" people, not totally but not 20 & 30 something!

Princess warned us if we were going ashore, even with their tours, there would be delays and going downtown to be very aware of the time frame.

I took the shuttle to the drop off point, some saw the crowds, got scared, me, I'm from Chicago, Ill. area, familiar with cities, I wasn't going to miss it. Boston was awesome, people at the parade were great! I had been to Boston before, did walking tours, I had an awesome time and was so glad I stayed.

I've never been to a victory parade and even though it wasn't my team, it was still very fun to see, Boston knows how to throw a parade (and, of course, they have the experience)!

Old 02-07-2017, 11:50 AM

6,449 posts, read 3,457,518 times
That was incredible. Us Boston fans do NOT get tired of winning. We want more. Unreal how the Patriots have raised the bar the highest in NFL history.

It's great you got to see that parade in 2013. Personally I'm fine on TV as that sort of crowd just isn't my thing, not for any reason.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:52 AM

4,322 posts, read 2,259,538 times
Again, Brady is a class act and he knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl title. I think the Patriots are the best team now than before Brady and Belichick.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
And, NFL fans will be moaning and groaning, because of hearing about the "we want six" chants! Bill Belichick saying, no days off was a hoot (especially when he was talking to people who probably took the day off)! Was that a hidden message as he doesn't take days off and maybe his players didn't on this run!

Old 02-07-2017, 12:07 PM

451 posts, read 178,533 times
Well....the Falcons almost had it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Unofficial Official "Pats" thread-beli.jpg  

Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 AM

22,878 posts, read 19,308,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Well....the Falcons almost had it!!!
ROFLMAO!!! Too funny!!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:14 PM

1,224 posts, read 581,166 times
Falcon's fan here, congratulations on winning the chip. No chance y'all don't win the AFC East but I just checked NE's schedule and there are some tough outs on that schedule. I mean that New England defense will be battle tested and ready for the playoffs next season, no doubt. The AFC West teams and NFC South teams, looks like Atlanta's schedule from this year. Anyway, I hope the Pats stay healthy. Buona fortuna.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:26 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,276,802 times
As usual, Belichick's habit of finding talent that 31 other teams overlooked (ie, acquired cheaply) results in the Patriots being in excellent position with respect to the salary cap.

Quote:
Ordinarily, you’d expect the worst teams to have a lot of salary cap space and the best teams to have very little salary cap space because the best teams have a lot of good players to pay. Heading into 2017, there’s one exception to that: The Super Bowl champion Patriots.

While nine of the 10 teams with the most cap space available in 2017 were teams that missed the playoffs, the 10th is the Patriots. Via Spotrac, the Patriots head into 2017 with $63 million in cap space, which is the sixth-most in the NFL. Only the Browns, 49ers, Buccaneers, Titans and Jaguars have more cap space than the Patriots.
Patriots in great salary cap shape heading into 2017 | ProFootballTalk

The teams in cap trouble include the Cowboys, Chiefs, Ravens and Jets.

NFL: 7 Teams Facing Serious Salary Cap Issues in 2017

Old 02-10-2017, 10:06 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,858,489 times
Been busy and have been on the forum since last weekend. But I should give my two cents. Congratulations Pats fans on adding your 5th title with the greatest Coach and Quarterback combination ever. There was an interesting comment I heard on the radio shortly after win with regards to the comeback and I had to agree with it. Basically the person commented on how despite being down 25 late in the third quarter, there was really nothing miraculous that had to happen for the Pats to win. Now of course, that's not entirely true, one could argue that going 2/2 on the two point conversions is in it's own way a bit miraculous. But I think the point was that the flow of the game just seemed like nothing was out of the ordinary or unexpected. Even the unbelievable Edelman catch, as terrific as it was, it came on 1st or 2nd down so it wasn't of the same game changing magnitude as the Tyree or Manningham catches in previous super bowls. But Pats did need quite a few cards to turn up their way starting with the Matt Ryan fumble, then the 2 two point conversions, the Ryan Sack followed by drawing the holding penalty and then finally winning the coin toss. They were able to take advantage with every opportunity.

The other though I have, and I don't know if any actual Pats fans on here have thought about it before (I know Seaton O'Conner Pats fans on the Dan Patrick show has mentioned it) but why not rest Brady for four games every season? Extend his career even more. I wouldn't expect this to happen because I'm sure Brady wants to play every game, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if it were to happen. Belicheck is always compared with Greg Popivich in the NBA and vice versa. Are Belicheck and Popivich friends? May they would discuss it over the off-season. It has worked well for Popivich, but then again the NBA schedule is ridiculously long. But you do take more of a beating in the NFL. But as much as Brady wants to play to 45, and while this could help that cause, I'm not sure he would be willing to sit four games. Of course this may only be viable if the Pats have a capable back up. I don't think Brisset is there yet if Garoppolo leaves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or