U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 09:51 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,813,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I didn't know john elway was on the patriots. I absolutely hate the patriots, but I hate tom brady more. I would like to see them do well this year, to prove that brady is more of a system QB. if a college WR can lead them to 12-4, that states to me that brady is average.

Why do you hate Tom Brady?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,359,560 times
I hate the patriots because I think their coach is a jerk and their fans are VERY fair weather. I don't like brady because I don't like michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Why do you hate Tom Brady?

Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,524,264 times
Quote:
I hate the patriots because I think their coach is a jerk and their fans are VERY fair weather. I don't like brady because I don't like michigan.
Pats fans are fair weather in comparison to who? What teams do you follow?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM

I don't really like the NFL that much. I root for the lions though being from detroit. they are fair weather compared to teams with loyal followings. cleveland, pittsburgh, green bay, chicago, miami, and a few others. I didn't even know that the patriots were still a team for like 10 years. then after they became good, all these tom brady jerseys came out of the woodwork. if they had a irving fryar or hart lee dykes jersey, I might respect them. even a bledsoe jersey. but all the brady and moss jerseys tell me one thing. fair weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Pats fans are fair weather in comparison to who? What teams do you follow?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I don't really like the NFL that much. I root for the lions though being from detroit. they are fair weather compared to teams with loyal followings. cleveland, pittsburgh, green bay, chicago, miami, and a few others. I didn't even know that the patriots were still a team for like 10 years. then after they became good, all these tom brady jerseys came out of the woodwork. if they had a irving fryar or hart lee dykes jersey, I might respect them. even a bledsoe jersey. but all the brady and moss jerseys tell me one thing. fair weather.
Just because you didn't know that that they were still a team for team makes their fans "fair weather?" Genius!

Do you really expect someone to wear a Hart Lee Dykes jersey? He played for the Pats for 2 years. So I guess someone wouldn't be a true Dolphins fan without a Sammie Smith jersey. Or all Steelers fans are "fair weather" unless they sport their Tim Worley shirt.

You admit you don't follow the NFL - do us a favor don't comment on it then.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:01 PM

3,003 posts, read 3,159,182 times
I have Curtis Martin, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, Shawn Jefferson, Ben Coates, Ty Law, Ted Johnson, Corey Dillon, and well ofcourse Tom "The Best Ever" Brady. I didn't pick up the team until '94. Soon to get a Troy Brown jersey, he was a fantastic player.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:25 PM

sammy smith? are you quoting tecmo too? I guess people aren't allowed to have opinions in your world. don't comment. I bet I know who you are voting for! face it, the patriots lost respect around the league after they were found to be cheating. just because you don't want to admit it, doesn't mean it isn't true. I would probably peg you as a fair weather fan as well.

Quote:
Just because you didn't know that that they were still a team for team makes their fans "fair weather?" Genius!

Do you really expect someone to wear a Hart Lee Dykes jersey? He played for the Pats for 2 years. So I guess someone wouldn't be a true Dolphins fan without a Sammie Smith jersey. Or all Steelers fans are "fair weather" unless they sport their Tim Worley shirt.

You admit you don't follow the NFL - do us a favor don't comment on it then.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:26 PM

now there's a fan! your only missing a steve grogan jersey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I have Curtis Martin, Drew Bledsoe, Terry Glenn, Shawn Jefferson, Ben Coates, Ty Law, Ted Johnson, Corey Dillon, and well ofcourse Tom "The Best Ever" Brady. I didn't pick up the team until '94. Soon to get a Troy Brown jersey, he was a fantastic player.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
sammy smith? are you quoting tecmo too? I guess people aren't allowed to have opinions in your world. don't comment. I bet I know who you are voting for! face it, the patriots lost respect around the league after they were found to be cheating. just because you don't want to admit it, doesn't mean it isn't true. I would probably peg you as a fair weather fan as well.
No, not tecmo bowl. They were players that played for 2-3 years for their respective teams and had little to no impact. Trying to show how stupid your Hart Lee Dykes comment was. You can have any opinion you want but when you make a ridiculous comment, expect to be called on it.

I never doubted that the Pats lost respect around the league. I personally think the spy-gate situation was overblow. Some of the NFL "Pundits" did to. Others did not. Your comment was that you thought Tom Brady was a "system QB" meaning he wasn't very good. I presented facts to the contrary.

Yeah, I'm a fair weather fan. I had season tickets from '95 (when I graduated college) until 2000 when I moved out of state. I have an autographed Steve Grogan jersey hanging in my office; Next to my autographed Brady jersey. Grogan and Stanley Morgan were my favorite players growing up. Don't talk to me about being af air weather fan. I still go back for at least 1 game a year and several Red Sox series. I haven't missed a game since I moved away 8 years ago - including a playoff game the day after my wedding in the carribbean. Your a Lions fan - how many games to you watch?

You admittedly say you don't follow the NFL (obviously since you thought Manning sat out games in '04 when he has the 2nd longest consecutive game streak in the NFL) then why do you try to comment on it? To get people annoyed with foolish comments about Hart Lee Dykes and fair weather fandom?

What the hell does "who I am voting for" have to do with it. You peg me as a fair weather fan. I peg you as an idiot.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM

if you could aim those pegs a bit better, perhaps you could have pitched for the redsox and you wouldn't have lost to the mets. I highly doubt you went to any college if sarcasm so easily sails over your head. I wasn't naming dykes as a great patriot, I was naming an obscure player. guess you aren't that sharp when it comes to humor. most QB's could do pretty well if they had video of other teams calling plays. I don't think we heard enough about spygate. I think that there was probably more to it. I would watch the lions if they were on TV. I am more of a gators and redwings fan. I comment on things because it's a free forum, and I can offer an opinion. you are someone who wants no voice of opposition. you obviously have emotion tied into sports, and that is quite sad. peyton manning was like 1-2 for 4 yards the last game of the season. it's a start, but I hardly call that a game. now go cry over the bill buckner error you have recorded on beta.

p.s. thanks for the personal attack. you are really helping boston live up to the obnoxious reputation it has gained. don't worry though, I don't report. I have thick skin and believe in freedom of speech. something you seem to have a problem with.

Quote:
No, not tecmo bowl. They were players that played for 2-3 years for their respective teams and had little to no impact. Trying to show how stupid your Hart Lee Dykes comment was. You can have any opinion you want but when you make a ridiculous comment, expect to be called on it.

I never doubted that the Pats lost respect around the league. I personally think the spy-gate situation was overblow. Some of the NFL "Pundits" did to. Others did not. Your comment was that you thought Tom Brady was a "system QB" meaning he wasn't very good. I presented facts to the contrary.

Yeah, I'm a fair weather fan. I had season tickets from '95 (when I graduated college) until 2000 when I moved out of state. I have an autographed Steve Grogan jersey hanging in my office; Next to my autographed Brady jersey. Grogan and Stanley Morgan were my favorite players growing up. Don't talk to me about being af air weather fan. I still go back for at least 1 game a year and several Red Sox series. I haven't missed a game since I moved away 8 years ago - including a playoff game the day after my wedding in the carribbean. Your a Lions fan - how many games to you watch?

You admittedly say you don't follow the NFL (obviously since you thought Manning sat out games in '04 when he has the 2nd longest consecutive game streak in the NFL) then why do you try to comment on it? To get people annoyed with foolish comments about Hart Lee Dykes and fair weather fandom?

What the hell does "who I am voting for" have to do with it. You peg me as a fair weather fan. I peg you as an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or