Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2017, 06:55 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
AP is visiting "the City on a Hill" tomorrow to seek the puritan way. He'll probably get signed & we may as well cancel the next super bowl right now.
AP is done I hope the Pats don't sign him, would rather see Blount back.

1 reservation for the Super Bowl has already been made regardless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 11:33 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
Pats fans, who saw the Gilmore signing coming? I sure didn't. At least not a market rate. I think it says a lot that they really like him a lot to sign him to a large contract while they already have one good CB in Butler already. I think it also maybe says that they don't think Butler is nearly as good as he is perceived around the league.

With Gilmore you just have to worry about his health. He's missed 12 games over the last four seasons. Still relatively young, only 27 when next season starts.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:23 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Pats certainly have done their pre-draft off season work. I honestly have not seen a Super Bowl Champion revamp their team in such a way. They made moves to keep young, and I think are the winners in free agency. Just unbelievable, acting like they missed the playoffs or something. Obviously anything can happen, but I just do not see a team better than the Pats (on paper) this upcoming season. And nothing in the draft will change that.

Old 04-19-2017, 01:56 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,334 times
What do you guys make of the Pats' makeover at running back this offseason?

-signed Rex Burkhead to a 1 year deal ($3.15 million total)
- made 2 year offer ($4.6 million total) to Mike Gillislee, which Bills are unlikely to match
-signed James White to a 3 year extension (through 2020 season) on 4/18

I think it is safe to say that LeGarrette Blount won't be back with the Pats, as there simply isn't any room for him on the roster. I would guess that Burkhead and Gillislee will be the primary ballcarriers with White & Dion Lewis being the primary passing down backs.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,615,450 times
I think White will be your real weapon this year at RB.

Bills might still match the Gillislee deal.

I haven't checked other division schedules yet, but at first glance it looks like the league is trying to prevent the Pats from outright running away with the division by scheduling 5 of the final six games inside the division for the Pats. Bills have four of their final five inside the division. And Dolphins have 4 of their final six inside the division.

Meanwhile for some reason, the NFL decided to give the Jets only 1 division game in their last seven games.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I think White will be your real weapon this year at RB.

Bills might still match the Gillislee deal.

I haven't checked other division schedules yet, but at first glance it looks like the league is trying to prevent the Pats from outright running away with the division by scheduling 5 of the final six games inside the division for the Pats. Bills have four of their final five inside the division. And Dolphins have 4 of their final six inside the division.

Meanwhile for some reason, the NFL decided to give the Jets only 1 division game in their last seven games.
Despite his SB heroics I think Gillislee and Burkhead will be the primary backs and White will remain 3rd down back along with Lewis

Old 04-26-2017, 06:16 PM

So while I am extremely happy with the make up of this NE team going into next season, a little bummed that we are basically sitting out the draft again this season with no Day 1 picks....

Anyone other Pats fans feeling like we are missing out on the fun of draft weekend?

Old 04-27-2017, 08:23 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
So while I am extremely happy with the make up of this NE team going into next season, a little bummed that we are basically sitting out the draft again this season with no Day 1 picks....

Anyone other Pats fans feeling like we are missing out on the fun of draft weekend?
I understand the concern but after 15+ years of excellence, I am in the "In Bill We Trust" camp...

Old 04-28-2017, 07:40 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,800,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Nope. We're coming off the 5th title and have a team that is going to compete for a 6th title in the coming season. I still watch the draft, but don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:40 AM

5,172 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Long, long, long time Pats fan here. Through the the thick and thin over the many years. From the old stadium with over flowing toilets to having been taken off the Monday Night Football schedule, and I remember watching the 85 Bears who had the dream team that year but it was so agonizing watching us get manhandled during that Super Bowl.

With that being said, this is the first time I can ever remember where the press and mostly all those in the media have said the Pats are poised for another shot at the Super Bowl this year. That they have what it takes to repeat. Even the haters are on board for a repeat.

With Coach B........does the draft really matter? I know Brady has some sort of glue that bonds this team, but outside of that Coach B consistently finds these players everyone and their brother overlooks. Players come and go, and he finds replacements and makes them work. We lose our draft picks and quarterback for four games and we still go to the SB.

He plugs and plays players in a fashion no other coach can. Draft picks have not really played a part in our rise to the top with the exception of Brady............and Brady came pretty close to selling insurance if it wasn't for Coach B.

Not being a pessimist, but I hope these younger fans realize how many loses we had to endure to get to this point............this is a dynasty built by a coaching genius.

I stood up and agonizingly watched the SB this year until the end, holding my breath and figuring out all the posssibilites with time remaining and possible possessions. This was a game that was impossible for the Pats to come back and win......impossible, yet they did it. Comebacks like that are made for the movies, not real life.

To all those Pats fans who shut the game off after the second half, but yet proudly professed your alligeance on FaceBook and every other social media site the day after...................get yourself another team to root for this year, and as a parent with young children, if my kid looked as happy while being sick at the Super Bowl, my azz would have sent my wife home with them and I would have stayed to hang out with Kraft and Geisel in the owners box.......talking about you Marky Mark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football