U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 10:48 AM

71,968 posts, read 83,640,243 times

Advertisements

not being a Pat's fan I couldn't be happier. They will still win their division I am betting, but just to see them brought down a notch is a good feeling and Brandy isn't a spring chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 11:27 AM

3,237 posts, read 1,603,756 times
Wow, just wow...that was the worst defensive performance I have seen out of a Patriots team...well since Seattle went into Foxborough and blew the Pat away last year. I am sure Belichick will straighten things out but.... Wow.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:08 PM

689 posts, read 338,316 times
Some fball fans are overreacting on other sites like ESPN...but I think we need to see the next 3 Pats games to see if they are really in trouble this year. If they start the year off 0-4 or 1-3...then there may be a problem. Belichek is one of the best at making adjustments and getting his team back on track.

Brady didn't look good yesterday. I give the offense a C/C- and the defense a D. Pass rush wasn't effective and a lot of blown coverage in the secondary. Losing Hightower was a major loss.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:50 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times
No excuses for last night even though there are some. Poor defensive play, inconsistencies on the offense. BRady and the Pats always seem to start a season slow. With all the changes and moving parts, Brady has a tendency to take a few weeks to find comfort with his receivers. Without his security blanket in Edelman, and with Gronk being blanketed, the confidence wasn't there. Brady was not on point, nor was the route running. Amendola looked solid, but he and hightower again showed their fragility right out of the gate.

Cooks looks promising as does Gillislie. Hogan didn't look good (but all those reverses to him?), and I was sad to hear Mitchell went on IR. Those 2 huge pass plays for TD's reminded me of several years ago when our "D" made every Qb look like a passing machine. Smith is a solid QB, but I think they showed a stat of him having the fourth lowest 300+ yd games in history.

I believe on offense they will get better in a game or two. I am a bit concerned about the defense. With no pass rush, even a pedestrian QB can sit and the pocket and look better than he really is just given time.

This was the best time to have such a loss, right in the first game. YOu don't want a wake-up call late in the season. And any football fan knows how dangerous the Pats are with Brady/Belichick.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:08 PM

4,492 posts, read 3,156,891 times
Chiefs have a good secondary. No pass rush against the Pats, but it wasn't necessary. I can't say the same for the Saints pass rush or secondary. The Pats will likely be short their (2) slot receivers Amendola (concussion protocol) and Edelman (season ending injury), and they don't have a next man up to take those receptions up the middle. Does make it easier to cover Cooks and Hogan.

Cooks looked good. Hogan was either overthrown or just draped. Same can be said for Gronk. Having elite slot receivers in Edelman and Amendola really open up the Pats offense. Hogan will likely remain a deep threat, but Cooks' routes will have to be altered going forward. Any chance of moving White to a more slot receiver role and using a hybrid backfield of White, Gillisee, Burkhead, Lewis? White has the hands and could be good fill in if Amendola has to miss some games.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,880,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Chiefs have a good secondary. No pass rush against the Pats, but it wasn't necessary. I can't say the same for the Saints pass rush or secondary. The Pats will likely be short their (2) slot receivers Amendola (concussion protocol) and Edelman (season ending injury), and they don't have a next man up to take those receptions up the middle. Does make it easier to cover Cooks and Hogan.

Cooks looked good. Hogan was either overthrown or just draped. Same can be said for Gronk. Having elite slot receivers in Edelman and Amendola really open up the Pats offense. Hogan will likely remain a deep threat, but Cooks' routes will have to be altered going forward. Any chance of moving White to a more slot receiver role and using a hybrid backfield of White, Gillisee, Burkhead, Lewis? White has the hands and could be good fill in if Amendola has to miss some games.
I think there's a pretty good chance they line White out in the slot more going forward. Even though it's only 1 game, Burkhead, White, Lewis and Gillislee all looked pretty good and having that many weapons out of the backfield should help soften the blow of losing Edelman and Mitchell. Hopefully Mitchell is able to come back after the week 9 bye week.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:14 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Was a good bounce back game..........next up Houston. Gronk says he is good after the groin injury, guess we'll find out if that is indeed the case.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:26 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,053,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Was a good bounce back game..........next up Houston. Gronk says he is good after the groin injury, guess we'll find out if that is indeed the case.
Looking good on the Gronk front as he practiced today, still wouldn't be surprised if they hold him out this week

More worried about Cannon being out, he is the best player on the O Line and this isn't the week to be without him with that Texan's front coming to Foxborough

Old 09-24-2017, 12:38 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
My steadfastness is paying off this week. I haven't waivered on Hogan yet and still have him starting in my Flex spot.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:16 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Texans should have gone for it with 2:30 to go on 4th and 1..........glad they took the FG instead. 2+ minutes is plenty of time for Brady & Co......O'Brien no doubt knew this. Thanks buddy!! GO PATS!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or