U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 07:41 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
The Patriots and fans wanted Bennett to stay, but given they are not big spenders and ate more interested in team friendly contracts (i.e. discount), and his preference for the Midwest, it wasn't working out at the time. Their are some injuries on their offensive line (Chris Hogan), and Bennett's "replacement" Dwayne Allen hasn't been meeting expectations. Not to mention Rob Gronkowski's ability to stay healthy. This is a win for New England and it keeps Bennett employed.
I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 02:07 PM

6,446 posts, read 3,453,370 times
I have mixed emotions on this one. I'll hang on the fence for a bit and contemplate both sides. He tweeted his side of the story, blasting the Packers. He had surgery, yet the Pats are keeping their options open for him this weekend. He still may end up on IR but only cost the Pats $400K. He's injured, so just not sure what % of 100 he'll operate at if he plays. And is his timing off with Brady?

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-englan...ant--110243358

Old 11-11-2017, 09:48 AM

4,979 posts, read 11,044,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I have mixed emotions on this one. I'll hang on the fence for a bit and contemplate both sides. He tweeted his side of the story, blasting the Packers. He had surgery, yet the Pats are keeping their options open for him this weekend. He still may end up on IR but only cost the Pats $400K. He's injured, so just not sure what % of 100 he'll operate at if he plays. And is his timing off with Brady?

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-englan...ant--110243358
He didn't have surgery....

Hence why he is practicing with the Patriots and could potentially play for the Pats Sunday evening...

No player is ever 100% especially this time of year, he played hurt ALL year last season for the Pats and was still very effective....

He is a definite upgrade over Allen no matter what percentage he is at....

Old 11-12-2017, 09:55 PM

6,446 posts, read 3,453,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
He didn't have surgery....

Hence why he is practicing with the Patriots and could potentially play for the Pats Sunday evening...

No player is ever 100% especially this time of year, he played hurt ALL year last season for the Pats and was still very effective....

He is a definite upgrade over Allen no matter what percentage he is at....
Yeah, I misheard the surgery part. My bad.

Totally solid performance tonight. But Butler got burned a lot, which I would say was the weakest part of the game. Yet, made no difference in the end, as they were good on both sides of the ball.

Old 11-13-2017, 06:17 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,060 times
Super win up at Mile High, a place that hasn't been to friendly to the Pats. Sanders owned Butler though, but the team as a whole looked great!

Old 11-15-2017, 07:23 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,956,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Super win up at Mile High, a place that hasn't been to friendly to the Pats. Sanders owned Butler though, but the team as a whole looked great!
Sanders is really good. Interesting to hear the announcers say how soft the other Denver WR is, Demaryius Thomas. Imagine if Brady had a WR like Sanders. I guess Randy Moss is the only one Brady has had that was in that elite class...

Old 11-15-2017, 05:15 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
A lot of fans identify the saying "do your job" with Bill Belichick. Well, there is another saying he has that is spot on with the Patriot organization. And that is "attention to detail." Belichick and his staff are prepared every week. As Danny Amendola remarked on ESPN's NFL Insiders, he says "there is nothing that comes across his desk that doesn't get a look. Nothing"

Belichick could give you the Tom Landry "stone face" look but privately he always interacts with the players, giving credit where credit is due to the players.

New England is now 7-2, and play the Raiders in Mexico City. They've been staying near Colorado Springs in that 6100 feet altitude and practicing at the Air Force Academy. They DO play Pittsburgh on December 17th, and the other games are AFC east opponents.

They were as complete a team as I have seen them in a long time regarding Sunday nights game, and I ought to know, I was there. Brady was very sharp, finished with a 125.4 rating, tossed 3 touchdowns. And most important, left with a clean jersey. He was sacked once for six yards. No fumbles, no interceptions.

Attention to detail.

Old 11-15-2017, 06:04 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
Great points, H. Fans can say or think what they want about the Pats and Brady, but the attention to details is huge. They are a well oiled machine, can't take that away from them.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:49 AM

2,532 posts, read 4,956,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
A lot of fans identify the saying "do your job" with Bill Belichick. Well, there is another saying he has that is spot on with the Patriot organization. And that is "attention to detail." Belichick and his staff are prepared every week. As Danny Amendola remarked on ESPN's NFL Insiders, he says "there is nothing that comes across his desk that doesn't get a look. Nothing"

Belichick could give you the Tom Landry "stone face" look but privately he always interacts with the players, giving credit where credit is due to the players.

New England is now 7-2, and play the Raiders in Mexico City. They've been staying near Colorado Springs in that 6100 feet altitude and practicing at the Air Force Academy. They DO play Pittsburgh on December 17th, and the other games are AFC east opponents.

They were as complete a team as I have seen them in a long time regarding Sunday nights game, and I ought to know, I was there. Brady was very sharp, finished with a 125.4 rating, tossed 3 touchdowns. And most important, left with a clean jersey. He was sacked once for six yards. No fumbles, no interceptions.

Attention to detail.
Agreed. If you see the videos of Belichick after the game in the locker rooms, he is a different guy than in the media. Straightforward and businesslike, he gives credit where credit is due and is a true leader...

Old 11-17-2017, 11:41 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
I was stuck in an airport the other day on a 4 hour delay so I decided to kill the time by breaking down the current run of the Patriots - I used from the 2001 season and onward, so we're in year 17 of their dynasty.

Here are some numbers

Overall record 203 - 62 (won 77% of their games)
Home record 110-23 (won 83% of their games)
Road record 93-39 (won 70% of their games)

Record vs. NFC 54-14 (won 79% of their games)
Record vs. AFC 149-48 (won 76% of their games)

Record vs. NFC East 13-3 (won 81% of their games)
Record vs. NFC North 14-2 (won 88% of their games)
Record vs. NFC South 12-4 (won 75% of their games)
Record vs. NFC West 15-5 (won 75% of their games)

Record vs. AFC East 77-22 (won 78% of their games)
Record vs. AFC North 25-7 (won 78% of their games)
Record vs. AFC South 25-6 (won 81% of their games)
Record vs. AFC West 22-13 (won 63% of their games)

The Patriots have averaged (not including what they've won this year) 12.25 wins per season
The Patriots have averaged (not including what they've won this year) 7.50 wins per season against teams not in the AFC East.

They have played the most number of games against the Indianapolis Colts (obviously they have played more against the Jets, Dolphins ad Bills) at 19 games, followed by the Denver Broncos with 18 games and the Baltimore Ravens with 11 games and the San Diego Chargers with 11 games.

They are undefeated against the following teams (including playoffs) over the last 17 seasons:

Dallas Cowboys: 4-0
Atlanta Falcons: 6-0 (1 playoff game)
Minnesota Vikings: 4-0
Detroit Lions: 4-0
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 4-0
Chicago Bears: 4-0
Jacksonville Jaguars: 7-0 (2 playoff games)

They have only 1 loss against the following teams (including the playoffs) over the last 17 seasons:

Houston Texans: 9-1 (2 playoff games)
Washington Redskins: 3-1
Oakland Raiders: 5-1 (1 playoff game)
Cleveland Browns: 6-1
Philadelphia Eagles: 4-1 (1 playoff game)
New Orleans Saints: 3-1
San Francisco 49ers: 3-1
Arizona Cardinals: 3-1
Los Angeles Rams: 4-1 (1 playoff game)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or