U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM
 
4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Reputation: 2350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Wow, another great complete game effort from the Patriots they certainly look to be the class of the AFC...

They now look like the team everyone thought they would be going into the season....
So you're saying 19-2 from here on out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2017, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
2,999 posts, read 3,155,686 times
Reputation: 1643
Terry Glenn passsed away from a car accident this past wknd........way too young. He caught the first TD pass of Brady's career, little factoid for yah. I also remember when a reprter asked Parcells how Glenn was doing after an injury, his reply was "She's doing fine." RIP Terry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
 
Location: AriZona
5,230 posts, read 3,120,546 times
Reputation: 5395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Terry Glenn passsed away from a car accident this past wknd........way too young. He caught the first TD pass of Brady's career, little factoid for yah. I also remember when a reprter asked Parcells how Glenn was doing after an injury, his reply was "She's doing fine." RIP Terry
Sad to hear. Good info, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2017, 04:38 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,042,177 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
So you're saying 19-2 from here on out?
14-2 was my regular season prediction which didn't look too good in September but looks real good now...

Bills are a dumpster fire...

Dolphins are in even worse shape than the Bills, but at least the team hasn't quit yet...

Jets we already beat on the road no chance they win in Foxborough even if Hoyer ends up playing that game...

Looking forward to the Steelers game on the 17th should be a good game but lets get real, Pats own the Steelers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2017, 04:30 PM
 
4,291 posts, read 1,856,246 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Jets we already beat on the road no chance they win in Foxborough even if Hoyer ends up playing that game...
That's week 17 right? I could see the Jets winning that one if Brady sits. He won't sit for the whole game though. Belicheck and Brady don't like to do that. But if he sits the entire second half and guys like Cooks, Amendola and Gronk don't even play at all then I could see the Jets winning. Just like in 2014 when the Bills beat the Pats in Foxboro when Jimmy G started the second half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2017, 03:12 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,042,177 times
Reputation: 11808
Nice win on a day when offense had no rhythm. Character game for Offense and Defense going against a cheap shot team like Miami, Pat's did enough to win though

Hope none of the injuries are too serious although I think Ebner may be done for season....can't afford Trey Flowers to miss any time he IS our D line and our pass rush...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 01:01 PM
 
6,439 posts, read 3,451,927 times
Reputation: 10199
It's strange that the Pats win 35-17 and I can find so many reasons to be disappointed. I know they scored 35, but it seems like they leave 10-20 pts behind every game (yeah, I know, perfection that can't be achieved). I can't remember the last time I saw a pathetic snap to a not ready Brady (yeah, I know, center still has NFL diapers on). Brady fumbled a snap.

But Cooks just looks SO good. And 7 sacks. And 9-2.

I'm hoping at worst the Pats/Steelers will be tied going into the game in Pittsburgh where we can take away their #1 AFC seeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 01:37 PM
 
4,490 posts, read 3,153,328 times
Reputation: 4293
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
It's strange that the Pats win 35-17 and I can find so many reasons to be disappointed. I know they scored 35, but it seems like they leave 10-20 pts behind every game (yeah, I know, perfection that can't be achieved). I can't remember the last time I saw a pathetic snap to a not ready Brady (yeah, I know, center still has NFL diapers on). Brady fumbled a snap.

But Cooks just looks SO good. And 7 sacks. And 9-2.

I'm hoping at worst the Pats/Steelers will be tied going into the game in Pittsburgh where we can take away their #1 AFC seeding.
Cooks is only as good, because Edelman isn't on the field. I think we're getting to see what he can do, because he's put in a position to flourish. Add to the fold that Amendola and Hogan have missed games and there's even more reason for Cooks involvement. When Hogan was healthy, Cooks wasn't involved in as many plays, unless it was a deeper route. He's been able to build trust with Brady, due to the fact that Edelman, Amendola, and Hogan have all dealt with injuries. Cooks has been feasting the last 4 weeks or so and the Pats backfield has been showing up as well. Lewis and Burkhead were unstoppable yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 04:51 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,042,177 times
Reputation: 11808
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Cooks is only as good, because Edelman isn't on the field. I think we're getting to see what he can do, because he's put in a position to flourish. Add to the fold that Amendola and Hogan have missed games and there's even more reason for Cooks involvement. When Hogan was healthy, Cooks wasn't involved in as many plays, unless it was a deeper route. He's been able to build trust with Brady, due to the fact that Edelman, Amendola, and Hogan have all dealt with injuries. Cooks has been feasting the last 4 weeks or so and the Pats backfield has been showing up as well. Lewis and Burkhead were unstoppable yesterday.
I wouldn't say Cooks "is only as good because Edelman isn't on the field"

I get what you are saying though and it is a GREAT point that I haven't seen mentioned much elsewhere....

You are right in that building that trust with Brady takes time and though Brady spreads the ball around as much as any QB ever, he does lock in to certain guys like Edelman and Amendola. Before them it was Moss and Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk etc.

With good reason as these guys have all come up big time in the most clutch situations...


Due to injuries and what not Cooks has been almost by default Brady's "go to receiver" of late and it is paying huge dividends. If Edelman and Hogan were around he probably wouldn't be seeing so many balls thrown his way but the genie is out of the bottle now and Cooks is a legitimate Number 1 receiver, Edelman and Hogan are not



The only reason I disagree with your wording on Cooks is because I truly believe he is the most "gifted" receiver Brady has ever had sans Moss....

I love Edelman, but lets face it he is a converted college QB with elite quickness but he is nowhere near the receiver that Cooks is....

We know Edelman's and Amendola's ceilings but I think Cooks is only beginning to show his potential...never mind the speed and separation he can generate, he just looks so SMOOTH in and out of breaks, catches with his hands not his body, can run all the routes outside and slot...

He is fast becoming what we thought he would be, uncover able in the secondary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
 
4,979 posts, read 11,042,177 times
Reputation: 11808
Well Marty Bennett's return to the Pats was short lived....he was placed on IR today

Ebner also placed on IR was afraid it was an ACL watching it happen yesterday...he has been HUGE on special teams this year. Hopefully Slater recovers to pick up some of the slack....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top