U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2017, 01:27 PM

4,888 posts, read 3,976,522 times

Advertisements

One Game Suspension.

Gronk will have to sit out vs MY FINZ

I know that sometimes, in any business, emotions get to all of us. Football is ripe with opportunities. Gronk is too good of a player to behave this way. Hopefully a week off to reset his brain will do him well.

They won't miss him this week.

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/201...-hit-vs-bills/

Last edited by LargeKingCat; 12-04-2017 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: Forgot Link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 01:38 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
One Game Suspension.

Gronk will have to sit out vs MY FINZ

I know that sometimes, in any business, emotions get to all of us. Football is ripe with opportunities. Gronk is too good of a player to behave this way. Hopefully a week off to reset his brain will do him well.

They won't miss him this week.

NFL slaps Rob Gronkowski with suspension for illegal hit vs. Bills | Patriots Wire
I think that was what was deserved as a first time offender of such an egregious nature. I would have been stunned if it was only a fine. I think we'll do just fine against YOUR FINZ , even though it's always a tough game for us in Miami.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:22 PM

689 posts, read 338,407 times
That was a dirty shot by Gronk and i think he should be out for a couple of games. He had a history of events and he should've known better.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:57 PM

21,326 posts, read 21,900,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
That was a dirty shot by Gronk and i think he should be out for a couple of games. He had a history of events and he should've known better.
seems like violence follows those NE tight-ends around like a dark cloud

Old 12-04-2017, 04:38 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,055,388 times
Quote:
One game suspension not unreasonable, more than 1 would be considering the prior hits this season that have resulted in similar suspensions..

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-04-2017 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: one sentence deleted

Old 12-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post

The above happened a few weeks back. The NFL probably went to light on Evans but that's neither here nor there. Evans was suspended one game. It's a pretty malicious hit as well with the biggest difference being that Gronk's specifically targeted a players head. And in the age of CTE that's a big no-no.

Also making the situations different is that White was concussed on the play. He may or not play the following week. Lattimore was not injured. When something like this happens the player at fault should serve a suspension at least as long as the injured player is out plus one game.
Its EXACTLY "here or there"

That play was as bad or worse than what Gronk did and it resulted in a one game suspension same punishment Gronk received...

Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,383,114 times
Maybe the NFL needs to modify the suspension wording. It might read, " *blank* is suspended one game or until recipient of the infraction plays his next game".
In the event of concussion protocol keeping a player out more than one game, it would be logical to suspend the offending player for the duration of the recovery process.

Exactly as Bluedevilz mentions above.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:35 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
Quote:
What is the history of these events?

Old 12-04-2017, 10:21 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Its EXACTLY "here or there"

That play was as bad or worse than what Gronk did and it resulted in a one game suspension same punishment Gronk received...
Disagree 100%. On the surface the two plays are similar.

1. Both occurred during stoppage of live action.
2. Both were malicious hits with extreme force.

But there are two things that make the Gronk hit much worse.

1. The Bills player was injured on the play. May or may not miss the next game due to concussion protocol.
2. The head is a much more sensitive area then the back. There is a reason why the NFL is going to great lengths to try to protect players from head injuries.

I also do not agree that here we have the potential for the player who did the assaulting to miss the same amount of games or even less than the player who was the victim of the assault.

I'm not at all surprised that it is only one game but extremely disappointed.

Below is the Danny Trevathan hit on Devante Adams from earlier in the season. A vicious hit to the head but the big difference here is that it was while a play was still going on and at game speed. Significantly less time for a player to think and react. A more forgivable offense one would think given how quickly things unfold during the course of an actual play. Trevathan was immediately handed a two games suspension that was appealed down to one game. The league didn't even bother to give Gronk an initial two game suspension.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Disagree 100%. On the surface the two plays are similar.

1. Both occurred during stoppage of live action.
2. Both were malicious hits with extreme force.

But there are two things that make the Gronk hit much worse.

1. The Bills player was injured on the play. May or may not miss the next game due to concussion protocol.
2. The head is a much more sensitive area then the back. There is a reason why the NFL is going to great lengths to try to protect players from head injuries.

I also do not agree that here we have the potential for the player who did the assaulting to miss the same amount of games or even less than the player who was the victim of the assault.

I'm not at all surprised that it is only one game but extremely disappointed.

Below is the Danny Trevathan hit on Devante Adams from earlier in the season. A vicious hit to the head but the big difference here is that it was while a play was still going on and at game speed. Significantly less time for a player to think and react. A more forgivable offense one would think given how quickly things unfold during the course of an actual play. Trevathan was immediately handed a two games suspension that was appealed down to one game. The league didn't even bother to give Gronk an initial two game suspension.
Did you watch Steelers Bengals?

Juju Schuster hit on Burfict MUCH worse than the Gronk hit. Clear targeting then he stands over player. Burfict left on a back board

Let's not make more of Gronk play than it was and because the "result" was worse doesn't make the intent or viciousness more than the Evans hit which was just as bad if not worse. Despite the concerns over concussions they don't equal a fractured vertebrae or spinal cord injury and the Evans hit had that potential
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or