U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,876,046 times

Advertisements

I didn't forget for one moment that crybaby MVP Brady is sitting out the year. So, what you're saying is that he's the only thing that the Patsies ever had going for them other than their cheating coach?

During the play-offs, Phillip Rivers played with a shredded ligament in his right knee. LT was benched due to injuries. The Chargers of regular season football were not the Chargers that were in the playoffs. Additionally, if you believe LT sat out the game because of an "alleged" injury, then you understand absolutely nothing about the character of Ladanian Tomlinson. But, if it makes this loss easier for you to swallow, go ahead and believe what you will.

Everybody loves to kick the Chargers around and try to dismiss the talent on this team. Our only problem is our coaching staff--our players have the goods to go all the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM

3,027 posts, read 3,167,561 times
Why some people think Brady is a "crybaby" is beyond me. It is more than likely because they are so upset at all the whippings that were laid upon them by Brady and the Pats. Get your shots in this year haters, because next season you all will be upset once again. Oh, and the Chargers are a forgotten team...........you have to do something first!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:24 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,371,218 times
I thought the defense looked bad. brady doesn't play defense, and he is also getting old. what was his injury? was it a 1 year rehab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Why some people think Brady is a "crybaby" is beyond me. It is more than likely because they are so upset at all the whippings that were laid upon them by Brady and the Pats. Get your shots in this year haters, because next season you all will be upset once again. Oh, and the Chargers are a forgotten team...........you have to do something first!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,876,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
As Steven Tyler so eloquently stated, "Dream On."

San Diego's eight straight last year after a slow start showed what this team can do when it's healthy. Had the Chargers been healthy last year during the play-offs, most experts agree that the outcome could have been much, much different.

However, no one ever wants to give them credit for the phenomenal, quality players on the team. I believe that they can make it to the playoffs again this year and providing our players stay healthy--a different turnout than last year is indeed possible.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:17 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,529,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I didn't forget for one moment that crybaby MVP Brady is sitting out the year. So, what you're saying is that he's the only thing that the Patsies ever had going for them other than their cheating coach?

During the play-offs, Phillip Rivers played with a shredded ligament in his right knee. LT was benched due to injuries. The Chargers of regular season football were not the Chargers that were in the playoffs. Additionally, if you believe LT sat out the game because of an "alleged" injury, then you understand absolutely nothing about the character of Ladanian Tomlinson. But, if it makes this loss easier for you to swallow, go ahead and believe what you will.

Everybody loves to kick the Chargers around and try to dismiss the talent on this team. Our only problem is our coaching staff--our players have the goods to go all the way.
What was Rivers's excuse 2 years ago when they lost at home to the Pats in the play-offs. Hmm, bruised ego?

Funny how I read that LT was cleared by the Chargers to return to the game but he said he couldn't. I think you need to check who is the cry baby.

If any team lost a QB of Tom Brady's caliber, they would struggle that season. We've seen what the Colts have done with Manning recovering from injury. If he was out, the Colts would be terrible. Not sure how Tom Brady is a cry baby. I've seen LT on TV crying about the "lights-out" dance and crying about him not being injured. I don't see Brady saying anything.

One thing I never understood, it was ok for Merriman to do the "lights out" dance after a sack and that was not disrespectful but when another player does it after a Chargers choke at home then it is? I'm confused.

The Chargers are a talented football team - they don't live up to their potential for whatever reason.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As Steven Tyler so eloquently stated, "Dream On."

San Diego's eight straight last year after a slow start showed what this team can do when it's healthy. Had the Chargers been healthy last year during the play-offs, most experts agree that the outcome could have been much, much different.

However, no one ever wants to give them credit for the phenomenal, quality players on the team. I believe that they can make it to the playoffs again this year and providing our players stay healthy--a different turnout than last year is indeed possible.
Who are these experts??

When the Chargers win then they will be taken seriously.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I thought the defense looked bad. brady doesn't play defense, and he is also getting old. what was his injury? was it a 1 year rehab?
I don't know that I agree that Brady, at 31, is "getting old." NFL QBs typically hit their prime around 31. I'd say he has about 3 more years playing at this level. IF (and that's a big if) he fully recovers from his knee injury. He tore his ACL and MCL. He had surgery last week and is starting rehab. I think the rehab is anywhere from 10months to a year. Which means he may start out rusty next year.

I totally agree with you (did I just say that?!) The problem with this team is that their defense got old quick and their secondary is just terrible. The Brady-led offense of '07 could hide that; the Matt Cassell-if we get down by 2 TDs we're finished-offense cannot!

Living in the Denver area, I am not looking forward to next Monday night's game against the Broncos. I am going to hear it on Tuesday!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 AM

16,536 posts, read 21,023,664 times
I'll take it easy on ya! My years with Donkeyball go back to day 1 of the history of both franchises. Denver was the doormat of the league for the first 8 years of the AFL. About that time the Pats descended into that spot when Babe Parilli was traded to the Jets for Mike Taliaferro. And even with Jim Plunkett being picked in the '71 draft, it took the Pats a long time to get respectability back again.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:45 AM

3,027 posts, read 3,167,561 times
If this coming Mon. nighter was in Denver, even with Brady, I would be nervous. Luckily it is at home.............but I'm still quite nervous. Hopefully O'Neal will perform a "bit" better, or we should get Ty Law back. Hell, I'll take him!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM

8,575 posts, read 6,371,218 times
I just look at someone like culpepper or carson palmer. those knee injuries really did them in and they were younger than brady. not saying it will happen, but there is a chance. that's a bad injury. never know though, look at gherison hearst. he had knee surgery twice and came back strong. everyone's body heals differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I don't know that I agree that Brady, at 31, is "getting old." NFL QBs typically hit their prime around 31. I'd say he has about 3 more years playing at this level. IF (and that's a big if) he fully recovers from his knee injury. He tore his ACL and MCL. He had surgery last week and is starting rehab. I think the rehab is anywhere from 10months to a year. Which means he may start out rusty next year.

I totally agree with you (did I just say that?!) The problem with this team is that their defense got old quick and their secondary is just terrible. The Brady-led offense of '07 could hide that; the Matt Cassell-if we get down by 2 TDs we're finished-offense cannot!

Living in the Denver area, I am not looking forward to next Monday night's game against the Broncos. I am going to hear it on Tuesday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or