U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-26-2017, 02:53 PM
 
4,989 posts, read 11,072,325 times
Reputation: 11877

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Seems James Harrison is visiting the Pats, he's 39 but perhaps they bring him on......veteran minimum with incentives, might be worth it. Also means the injuries to that D line could be worrisome.
It looks like they have already signed him to a 1 year deal, can't hurt as an EDGE rusher for 5-10 snaps a game.

I'm not sure which D Line injuries you are talking about? Harrison is an EDGE rusher/LB which is a need we have had all season once Rivers and Hightower went down and Ninkovich retired. Branch is hurt but that isn't Harrison's position I don't think we have any other EDGE injuries....currently it's Wise, Flowers and Lee at those positions and they are all playing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-27-2017, 03:00 PM
 
4,989 posts, read 11,072,325 times
Reputation: 11877
We Patriots fans have been SO spoiled over the past 18 years now....the records and overall excellence of this team over that period is unmatched and will be fun to look back on when Brady and Bill hang em up and we slip back to the pack.

With this 12-13 win season Patriots now hold the record for most consecutive 12 win seasons at 8....and they have 12 since Brady and Belichick took over....that is just insane...

The Detroit Lions have had ONE 12 win season in 87 years...

The Packers have done it 11 times in 87 years.....

The Steelers have done it 10 times in their history....

Just a ridiculous stretch of dominance in an era that it otherwise defined by parity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2017, 06:33 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,888,035 times
Reputation: 2785
Interesting all of the comments coming from Pittsburgh players regarding Harrison. Some of them seem downright bitter he signed with New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2017, 06:37 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,888,035 times
Reputation: 2785
Here's a look at the 2018 opponents for the Patriots now that the dust has settled on the standings for the league.

HOME
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

AWAY
New York Jets
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans
Pittsburgh Steelers
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears

The last 2 times New England has payed at Detroit, the NFL has made that game be on Thanksgiving, will they give them a third straight game at Detroit on Thanksgiving?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2017, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Amelia Island
2,977 posts, read 3,969,047 times
Reputation: 3088
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
We Patriots fans have been SO spoiled over the past 18 years now....the records and overall excellence of this team over that period is unmatched and will be fun to look back on when Brady and Bill hang em up and we slip back to the pack.

With this 12-13 win season Patriots now hold the record for most consecutive 12 win seasons at 8....and they have 12 since Brady and Belichick took over....that is just insane...

The Detroit Lions have had ONE 12 win season in 87 years...

The Packers have done it 11 times in 87 years.....

The Steelers have done it 10 times in their history....

Just a ridiculous stretch of dominance in an era that it otherwise defined by parity
As a Patriots fan since just before Grogan I have said the same thing.......we have been so lucky and rewarded as Patriots fans.

With that being said I always want my Pat's to win, but my blood pressure can't take these last few years

Just about every must win game over the years has been smash mouth football until the very end where either the clock is zero or the ball is down.

The snow bowl.......tuck rule

Giants helmet catch which broke my heart!

The Butler grab

The Atlanta meltdown........and that clutch catch!

Pittsburgh reverse call at the goal line last week..........these are just a few of numerous clutch games. The Pat's have proved over the years that nothing is impossible in the forth quarter or with two minutes to go.

As a fan you just can't rule the Pat's out.........last years Super Bowl proved that fact.

I would most likely be going to hell......but if I was Mark Wahlberg and hung with Tom on the field after previous Super Bowls and hung with Kraft in the owners box with Toms wife I would have sent my wife and kids home this past Super Bowl. I know. I am a bad dad......and you know what? I could live with that


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es9oTE8z_eM


Here's to this years playoff's

Happy New Year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 02:47 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,908 posts, read 19,346,007 times
Reputation: 21396
WTH?? CBS cuts away from the Pats game to the Browns and Steelers??? I am very upset over that. I would like to revel the win with my team even though it's only make-believe. Just because it was a foregone conclusion that the Pats would win and yes, last I saw of the other game, the Browns were knocking on the door, but still. Ah, just saw the Steelers won.

So that's my rant....CBS, you stink!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 02:49 PM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,888,035 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
WTH?? CBS cuts away from the Pats game to the Browns and Steelers??? I am very upset over that. I would like to revel the win with my team even though it's only make-believe. Just because it was a foregone conclusion that the Pats would win and yes, last I saw of the other game, the Browns were knocking on the door, but still. Ah, just saw the Steelers won.

So that's my rant....CBS, you stink!!!
I thought it was nice we got 4 games on local TV this Sunday. Bears-Vikings on FOX at 1:05 and Patriots - Jets on CBS at 1:05. Bills - Dolphins at 4:25 on CBS and Panthers - Falcons at 4:25 on FOX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 04:54 PM
 
Location: The State Line
2,275 posts, read 3,178,703 times
Reputation: 2608
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
WTH?? CBS cuts away from the Pats game to the Browns and Steelers??? I am very upset over that. I would like to revel the win with my team even though it's only make-believe. Just because it was a foregone conclusion that the Pats would win and yes, last I saw of the other game, the Browns were knocking on the door, but still. Ah, just saw the Steelers won.

So that's my rant....CBS, you stink!!!
I'd be more interested in how Garoppolo and and the 49ers are handling the Rams on FOX, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2018, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
12,811 posts, read 8,825,855 times
Reputation: 6519
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
As a Patriots fan since just before Grogan I have said the same thing.......we have been so lucky and rewarded as Patriots fans.

With that being said I always want my Pat's to win, but my blood pressure can't take these last few years

Just about every must win game over the years has been smash mouth football until the very end where either the clock is zero or the ball is down.

The snow bowl.......tuck rule

Giants helmet catch which broke my heart!

The Butler grab

The Atlanta meltdown........and that clutch catch!

Pittsburgh reverse call at the goal line last week..........these are just a few of numerous clutch games. The Pat's have proved over the years that nothing is impossible in the forth quarter or with two minutes to go.

As a fan you just can't rule the Pat's out.........last years Super Bowl proved that fact.

I would most likely be going to hell......but if I was Mark Wahlberg and hung with Tom on the field after previous Super Bowls and hung with Kraft in the owners box with Toms wife I would have sent my wife and kids home this past Super Bowl. I know. I am a bad dad......and you know what? I could live with that



https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=es9oTE8z_eM


Here's to this years playoff's

Happy New Year!
Do you think Bledsoe is still bitter about losing his job to Brady?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2018, 05:52 PM
 
4,989 posts, read 11,072,325 times
Reputation: 11877
Things are looking up on the injury front with everyone back practicing with the exception of Gillislee (who probably wouldn't be active anyway if Burkead and White are both back)

Interesting that Hogan was practice player of the week bodes well for him potentially coming back strong next week. With all the talk of Brady "slumping" towards the end of the season, the slump coincides with Hogan and Burkhead going down.

Too few weapons in the passing game.....if we get Hogan and Burkhead back and maybe, just maybe Mitchell??

This offense could once again be the unstoppable juggernaut like the first half of the season....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top