U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 06:24 AM

2,979 posts, read 3,974,894 times

Advertisements

Not quite sure where all this social media buzz on the Pat's today is coming from.

Coach B runs a tight ship with an emphasis on keeping out distractions.

Wake up this morning to supposedly disharmony amongst, Coach B, Brady and Kraft and another on whether Coach B could possibly jump to the Giants.

I am reserved to the fact we are America's most hated team..............but it would be nice to get through one season without the distraction of some reporters article claiming some sort of Patriot bombshell.

Love them or hate them the Patriot organization is a well oiled machine of loyalty, teamwork, solidarity with each player giving one hundred percent towards the goal of winning games.

Hopefully fake news or a reporters desire to put out a senstional piece to keep from being let go from a sinking ship.

As a Patriots fan I will weather whatever storm comes as it has been a great 15 years of fantastic sailing!

Beginning of the end for New England Patriots? Robert Kraft, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick internal power struggle

Last edited by JBtwinz; 01-05-2018 at 06:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 07:02 AM

2,782 posts, read 2,383,030 times
Things that stood out to me -
Belichick and Goodell are friends now.? Some players call Brady sir?. And Belichick started a trade conversation by texting Kyle?

“Yo Kyle. It’s bill. u up?”

Old 01-05-2018, 07:44 AM

21,427 posts, read 21,987,493 times
I can no longer provide my unwavering loyalty to this cloven of evil

Old 01-06-2018, 09:21 AM

4,994 posts, read 11,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I can no longer provide my unwavering loyalty to this cloven of evil
Is cloven the plural of coven? Or were you referring to Tom Brady's cloven chin?

Old 01-06-2018, 09:29 AM

15,438 posts, read 5,271,451 times
Sorry but to me it's people who just want to destroy the Patriots,yes it is that simple.Some people don't like other peoples success!It drives them nuts so they try to destroy it.

Brady and JG go along fine,liked each other. Brady goes to BB look I will be here for a while JG is a good guy it will help the cap position if we trade him ,BB agrees and so it's done. JG happy ,TB did something nice for a friend and BB did the right thing.

NOW the ESPN verson....= Tom Brady stormed into BB office and demanded that JG gets traded or else!!!!!

Old 01-06-2018, 09:34 AM

3,186 posts, read 2,204,956 times
According to Pro Football Talk, if Belichick leaves New England, he would like to coach the Giants.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:42 AM

15,438 posts, read 5,271,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
According to Pro Football Talk, if Belichick leaves New England, he would like to coach the Giants.
Belichick isn't going anywhere,another made up rumor to start trouble in the Patriot organization

Old 01-06-2018, 10:05 AM

5,711 posts, read 4,247,456 times
Still you have to admit the Garoppolo trade was unPatriot like...

If they had gotten a 1st and 2nd round pick.. I would have called it very Patriot like.....
If Brady goes down in the near future to injury they have no solid back up, very un Patriot like.

Does this mean they draft a QB in the early rounds of the 2018 draft? IMO, they are basically rolling the dice that Brady last another 2/3 years at a comparable level while they get another QB ready or perhaps they intend to simply trade or sign a FA QB when Brady does hang 'em up.

Part of me thinks all this noise is some how generated internally to help fuel the Patriots us against the World mentality.. and part of me thinks this is the beginning of the end at least for the 3 headed dynasty...

Regardless, we all know that 3 headed dynasties days are numbered... be it next year or the next.. father time is calling and sooner or later, you have to answer the door!

Old 01-06-2018, 11:32 AM

4,994 posts, read 11,084,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Still you have to admit the Garoppolo trade was unPatriot like...

If they had gotten a 1st and 2nd round pick.. I would have called it very Patriot like.....
If Brady goes down in the near future to injury they have no solid back up, very un Patriot like.

Does this mean they draft a QB in the early rounds of the 2018 draft? IMO, they are basically rolling the dice that Brady last another 2/3 years at a comparable level while they get another QB ready or perhaps they intend to simply trade or sign a FA QB when Brady does hang 'em up.

Part of me thinks all this noise is some how generated internally to help fuel the Patriots us against the World mentality.. and part of me thinks this is the beginning of the end at least for the 3 headed dynasty...

Regardless, we all know that 3 headed dynasties days are numbered... be it next year or the next.. father time is calling and sooner or later, you have to answer the door!
I don't see how the trade was unPatriot like?

If anything it was very "Patriotlike".....like the trades/releases of Lawyer Milloy, Richard Seymour, Logan Mankins, Wes Welker, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins....all were "shocking" at the time and what did we get in return???

The QB position was untenable in this salary cap era. You can't pay 2 starters at the position, it isn't possible and Jimmy G was going to command starter money.

It was the trade deadline, it was either trade for a 2nd or let him walk at the end of the season for nothing. He wasn't going to sign with the Pats again with no obvious chance to start.

I really don't see anything nefarious going on, the timing just didn't work. Jimmy G came along a couple of seasons too soon.

Brady was just named 1st team All Pro, will likely win the MVP in a couple of weeks and is coming off the greatest comeback win in SB history....do you let him go NOW.

Yeah Jimmy G looked good in a small sample size this season with the 49ers with little tape on him and no defenses game planning specifically for HIS weaknesses. He may turn out to be the "next great thing" he could just as easily be the next Andy Dalton....

Old 01-06-2018, 12:11 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,893,919 times
I don't view this article as a hit piece per se, rather ESPN using the dominant team in the league to drum up ratings. Things like this happen ALL THE TIME in sports so it's nothing new. There may very well be some truth in there, but a lot of it is hearsay and focuses on Alex Guerrero's involvement with the team. Certain members of the media see downright giddy at the thought of the Patriots dynasty finally coming to an end.

What may very well have happened (some beat writers have mentioned this and anyone paying attention could glean this from the situation) is that a in 2014 Belichick was thinking Tom had 2-3 more years and then he would retire. Once Brady his 39 or 40 he would either retire on his own, or his play would see a drop off and he would retire as a result. That obviously did not happen given he's 40 and had an All Pro season and could very well win the MVP. Belichick was holding onto Jimmy thinking this could be the year we finally see a drop off from Brady and that obviously did not happen. That's why I think they did not move him this past off-season. Instead of getting nothing for him they shipped him to SF (where Bill thought he would have a good situation) and got a second round pick for him.

Personally, I was hoping that Brady would announce 2017 would be his final season and then from 2018 it would be Jimmy G.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or