U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 04:41 PM

22,880 posts, read 19,312,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
That hit was intentional donít doubt it. Punk team
Yeah, just like that big fat, what, Center, that plowed into Brady way after Tom had released the ball. Deliberately trying to hurt Brady. Then HE got hurt in the 4th. I clapped and cheered. 🙆*♀️👏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 04:53 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
I think the most obvious over-aggression by Jacksonville was by Myles Jack after White was 4 or 5 steps into the endzone on his TD run. Jack threw White down hard.

Jacksonville's defense is legit and their team is setup for future success.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:05 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I usually feel bad for the losing team. Not this time, dirty players.

On to Minnesota!!
Agreed. Jacksonville Jaguars should be disgusted with their secondary with dirty play and stupid penalties.

New England Patriots are like Alabama. Let them hang around late and they will rip your heart out.

Good job and good luck in Super Bowl.

Quote:
I don't see it....

They will likely be the 4th best team in their conference next year. Bortles played above expectations today but he is NOT a good QB

Houston will have Deshaun Jackson back who could have been MVP this season and I would take Houston's defense over Jags if everyone is healthy

If Luck is back and the shoulder is fine he will have McDaniels designing his offense

Titans were better than the Jags this season....

Despite the playoff anomaly this year the NFL is a QB league and the Jags have the 4th best QB in their conference...
Jacksonville beats the Patriots right there if they don't give the Pats a touchdown to end the half with two stupid penalties by their secondary. So if the Jaguars aren't that good, you're knocking the Patriots just the same and you'd be wrong there too.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-21-2018 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-21-2018, 05:10 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
No doubt. There's still Amendola, Hogan, Lewis, etc. I think Jacksonville learned a lesson about humility though: don't like the bear or count your chickens before they hatch. They needed to beat the Patriots before thinking about winning the Superbowl.
Yeah, was a pretty cheap shot......all good, win with who we have. And we’ll have him back along with Branch. Don’t care who they play.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:14 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,055,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I think the most obvious over-aggression by Jacksonville was by Myles Jack after White was 4 or 5 steps into the endzone on his TD run. Jack threw White down hard.

Jacksonville's defense is legit and their team is setup for future success.
I don't see it....

They will likely be the 4th best team in their conference next year. Bortles played above expectations today but he is NOT a good QB

Houston will have Deshaun Jackson back who could have been MVP this season and I would take Houston's defense over Jags if everyone is healthy

If Luck is back and the shoulder is fine he will have McDaniels designing his offense

Titans were better than the Jags this season....

Despite the playoff anomaly this year the NFL is a QB league and the Jags have the 4th best QB in their conference...

Old 01-21-2018, 05:20 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,772 times
Lets go!!!!!

Old 01-21-2018, 05:26 PM

Just re watched the whole second half...

Pats Defense came up HUGE in the second half when it counted

How about that Gilmore play on the 4th down pass from Bortles, that was a well thrown ball and could have been for 6. THAT was about the most athletic pass defense I have EVER seen. Gilmore earned his big contract on that one play right there...

Amendola came up huge again in a big playoff game....

Cooks had an overall "good" game and finished with over 100 yards but he had some big drops too....

The whole Brady hand issue was SO overblown, he clearly had NO issues throwing the ball into tight windows and played outstanding. Both announcers were getting on my nerves constantly harping on the hand even at the end of the game with the 4th quarter sneak, CLEARLY the hand wasn't an issue so why keep talking about it...

I know everyone loves Romo, I don't, prime example was the diving Dola catch when he CLEARLY had his entire arm under the ball and Romo tried to make it a controversial catch??? I was glad Nantz immediately called him on it..

Yes the Jags have a "good" defense...but on a par with the 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos or 1985 Bears like ONE poster here tried to make out?

No...

"Elite" defenses like the ones above don't let teams dominate them in the second half of games when they have a 2 score lead....Jags beat up on a bunch of also rans but couldn't hold their water in a big game when the D needed to make stops...

Old 01-21-2018, 05:32 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Just re watched the whole second half...

Pats Defense came up HUGE in the second half when it counted

How about that Gilmore play on the 4th down pass from Bortles, that was a well thrown ball and could have been for 6. THAT was about the most athletic pass defense I have EVER seen. Gilmore earned his big contract on that one play right there...

Amendola came up huge again in a big playoff game....

Cooks had an overall "good" game and finished with over 100 yards but he had some big drops too....

The whole Brady hand issue was SO overblown, he clearly had NO issues throwing the ball into tight windows and played outstanding. Both announcers were getting on my nerves constantly harping on the hand even at the end of the game with the 4th quarter sneak, CLEARLY the hand wasn't an issue so why keep talking about it...

I know everyone loves Romo, I don't, prime example was the diving Dola catch when he CLEARLY had his entire arm under the ball and Romo tried to make it a controversial catch??? I was glad Nantz immediately called him on it..

Yes the Jags have a "good" defense...but on a par with the 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos or 1985 Bears like ONE poster here tried to make out?

No...

"Elite" defenses like the ones above don't let teams dominate them in the second half of games when they have a 2 score lead....Jags beat up on a bunch of also rans but couldn't hold their water in a big game when the D needed to make stops...
I disagree on this point. In this Brady/Belichick era, we all have witnessed a team that despite a few stinkers plays 60 minutes of football. Last year in the Super Bowl and today's game show what we can do to fast young defenses. It's relentless pressure, and in unison the defense steps up enough to allow Brady a window to perform his magic. There has been no one even close to Brady with the ability to capitalize on the windows he's given.

Our defense is not elite, but it played the game out and came up with enough plays to get the job done.

Old 01-21-2018, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Agreed. Jacksonville Jaguars should be disgusted with their secondary with dirty play and stupid penalties.

New England Patriots are like Alabama. Let them hang around late and they will rip your heart out.

Good job and good luck in Super Bowl.

Jacksonville beats the Patriots right there if they don't give the Pats a touchdown to end the half with two stupid penalties by their secondary. So if the Jaguars aren't that good, you're knocking the Patriots just the same and you'd be wrong there too.
And if Cooks doesn't drop the 40 yarder that him in the hands and if Lewis didn't fumble that ball in the second half and if Gronk doesn't get taken out by a cheap shot to the head....

If...if....if....LOTS of things could have gone differently in that game. Pats game plan likely revolved quite a bit around Gronk for this game. When Kelce went out how did the Chiefs respond? Now how did the Pats respond when THEY lost their number 1 receiving option?

Its not taking anything away from the Pats to call it like I see it.

Do you really think Jags are better than Houston if they have Deshaun, JJ and Mercilus?

I don't...

Titans did beat the Jags twice this season and have a much better QB in Mariota than does Jax.

I think Jacksonville is at BEST 3rd best in their conference next year and if Luck is healthy and McDaniels learned from his Denver fiasco they are 4th

And what does how I think the Jags will do NEXT year have to do with the game just played???

If history holds about half the teams in the tournament this season won't be in next year, that does not diminish this years teams

Old 01-21-2018, 05:44 PM

6,040 posts, read 4,438,480 times
Penalties are committed by players who are back on their heels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or