U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2018, 01:14 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,467,398 times
Reputation: 10265

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have withstood almost 2 more decades more than metalman in the "long suffering Patriot fan" category. Bored? Not a chance. "Expecting" is more like it. We are the happiest, proudest fans of any team in any sports. Maybe a touch arrogant too. Just like Celtics fans used to be. Bruins also, to a point. The Red Sox may have only won 2 World Series but they beat those dam*ed Yankees!

Someone earlier was ragging on us Pats fans about how some day (soon) we will go back to being just mediocre. Haven't they been reading the posts??? What have a few of us been saying??? We know that. We accept that. It is inevitable. In the meantime we are enjoying the greatest ride in NFL HISTORY and we will not apologize for being proud of our team.
Red Sox have won 3 (2004, 2007, 2013) but who's counting?

Expecting is a good way to frame it. In general I do not feel we are arrogant, but just that as you say we do expect to win every year and why shouldn't we? The ride is on the tail end, and soon we'll be part of the pack again. But the history books have been written, and without arrogance we have been witness to the greatest NFL, if not all sports, dynasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2018, 05:47 PM
 
11,845 posts, read 3,230,104 times
Reputation: 4026
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have withstood almost 2 more decades more than metalman in the "long suffering Patriot fan" category. Bored? Not a chance. "Expecting" is more like it. We are the happiest, proudest fans of any team in any sports. Maybe a touch arrogant too. Just like Celtics fans used to be. Bruins also, to a point. The Red Sox may have only won 2 World Series but they beat those dam*ed Yankees!

Someone earlier was ragging on us Pats fans about how some day (soon) we will go back to being just mediocre. Haven't they been reading the posts??? What have a few of us been saying??? We know that. We accept that. It is inevitable. In the meantime we are enjoying the greatest ride in NFL HISTORY and we will not apologize for being proud of our team.
One thing I forgot to include in my reply to metalman......we who are fans of the 49ers thank you (the collective you....team, ownership, and fans) for Jimmy G !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2018, 06:03 PM
 
11,845 posts, read 3,230,104 times
Reputation: 4026
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I have withstood almost 2 more decades more than metalman in the "long suffering Patriot fan" category. Bored? Not a chance. "Expecting" is more like it. We are the happiest, proudest fans of any team in any sports. Maybe a touch arrogant too. Just like Celtics fans used to be. Bruins also, to a point. The Red Sox may have only won 2 World Series but they beat those dam*ed Yankees!

Someone earlier was ragging on us Pats fans about how some day (soon) we will go back to being just mediocre. Haven't they been reading the posts??? What have a few of us been saying??? We know that. We accept that. It is inevitable. In the meantime we are enjoying the greatest ride in NFL HISTORY and we will not apologize for being proud of our team.
I would love it if the Red Sox won the AL East (denying the Yankees) every year .

The Lakers are only one behind the Celtics in number of championships. I would love it if both the Lakers and the Warriors eventually pass the Celtics.

I don't like that the Celtics now have Kyrie....Grrrr .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2018, 09:21 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,467,398 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One thing I forgot to include in my reply to metalman......we who are fans of the 49ers thank you (the collective you....team, ownership, and fans) for Jimmy G !!!!!
Thanks to Brady, Jimmy was in the Patriots grasp too early. Hard to kick Brady to the curb for anyone. I hope and think that Jimmy G is the real deal and not another flash in the pan. He had the best mentor of all time under the umbrella of the best team/coach of all time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,895 posts, read 19,331,879 times
Reputation: 21354
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Red Sox have won 3 (2004, 2007, 2013) but who's counting?

Expecting is a good way to frame it. In general I do not feel we are arrogant, but just that as you say we do expect to win every year and why shouldn't we? The ride is on the tail end, and soon we'll be part of the pack again. But the history books have been written, and without arrogance we have been witness to the greatest NFL, if not all sports, dynasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One thing I forgot to include in my reply to metalman......we who are fans of the 49ers thank you (the collective you....team, ownership, and fans) for Jimmy G !!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Thanks to Brady, Jimmy was in the Patriots grasp too early. Hard to kick Brady to the curb for anyone. I hope and think that Jimmy G is the real deal and not another flash in the pan. He had the best mentor of all time under the umbrella of the best team/coach of all time.
Oops, Soxies won 3? Oh my. I missed the '13 one because I was in deep grief.

I'm a tad arrogant face to face with haters when they start something. Yup, Jimmy G would have been a keeper if we didn't have Brady. I'm glad he went to the 49ers. I have always liked them. I hope he does well with them.

Gisele who???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2018, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
647 posts, read 1,037,913 times
Reputation: 612
Jaguar's Church fined $24K for his Gronk hit. Not even close to being enough.


I think head hits like that should have the aggressor being suspended for the same length of time that his victim is out on injured reserve. The money means nothing to these thugs, they need something that will really affect them.


Just a thought!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2018, 09:15 PM
 
6,469 posts, read 3,467,398 times
Reputation: 10265
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Jaguar's Church fined $24K for his Gronk hit. Not even close to being enough.


I think head hits like that should have the aggressor being suspended for the same length of time that his victim is out on injured reserve. The money means nothing to these thugs, they need something that will really affect them.


Just a thought!
The fine is small but it still sends a message. Slowing down the play, he went for a shoulder move first, but Church miscalculated the strike point and thus the helmet to helmet. I did not see an egregious act, unlike Gronk's WWE elbow against Buffalo. The fine was a "watch out" to other players. Church was too deep in the grey area of the strike zone so it cost him. Church could have gone for the knees like many do because of Gronk's size, but we've seen that damage before. I'll take this outcome in an AFC Championship game with two teams trying to reach the pinnacle. Gronk is impossible to take down, best TE ever. I've seen plenty of headhunting, and Church's play wasn't it. Just think what might have been if Marcus Williams had just contacted Diggs hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 07:51 AM
 
Location: SWFL
22,895 posts, read 19,331,879 times
Reputation: 21354
I am coming to the conclusion that "most" people are not jerks like on the internet. I wear Pats shirts whenever I go to the store. Every single time it makes a fellow Pats fan say something to me. It's a wonderful ice breaker. Since Sunday's game and I have been talking with another Pats fans, other people would walk by saying "I'm a Bills fan", "I'm a Colts fan", "I'm a Cowboys fan" etc., and all said "Nice game though". I always say "thank you!" as if I personally was part of that game. Lol. It's funny. I am acknowledging their being fans of rivals but seeing that "my" team did a good job. Such a nice change from reading the haters here.

I do have to admit that I didn't care about the Pats and SBs from 2012-2015 because my husband loved the Pats so much that when he died in Jan. 2012, I couldn't watch them. Now though I have taken his love of them and mixed it with mine and have become a bit of an obsessive goof about them. It's my silly way of staying close to hubby in my mind.

Anywho, I agree with you, metal, Church did not mean to injur Gronk. It was the "law of motion" in play on that play. Unlike Gronk's faux pas. I wonder if years later, that one move will still be talked about as "dirty play" in the same breath as him being unstoppable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 03:56 PM
 
5,187 posts, read 5,694,176 times
Reputation: 1614
Well after 45 years or 52 years of the existence of the NFL\ Super Bowl has any team been to Perfectville except for the Miami Dolphins (17-0) 1972 -73 season. The Patriot's came close along with the Chicago Bears but they couldn't reach that level has it is difficult to attain. Better luck next year to any team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2018, 06:25 PM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,347,825 times
Reputation: 13682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One thing I forgot to include in my reply to metalman......we who are fans of the 49ers thank you (the collective you....team, ownership, and fans) for Jimmy G !!!!!
Don't forget, Tom Brady grew up a 49ers fan.

Just saying .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top