U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,368,398 times

Advertisements

but is he that good, or is it the patriots system? I think it was shannon sharpe who pointed out that scott mitchell did great coming in for injured dan marino, but then the lions paid him loads of money and he sucked. I would like to see the lions draft a qb and groom him in their system. minnesota is another place that will be looking for a qb. I am sure that there will be several people interested. I think that the patriots might resign him, because he's like 5-6 years younger than brady, and there is no telling how brady will come off the injury. he might be their high priced insurance policy and qb of the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Cassell signs with the Lions next year.

The Pats could potentially put the franchise tag on him if they have concerns with Brady's rehab. They probably won't want to pay him the money he can on the open market to be a back up. I'm rooting for him. I hope he gets a good contract somewhere else. He's proved a heck of a lot of people wrong. (myself included.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 AM

1,893 posts, read 3,527,763 times
I think a lot of his success has been the Pats system. I still think he will get offered a good deal of money if the Pats don't franchise him. I don't think they'll pay the type of money that a team desperate for a QB will pay.

Mitchell got himself a lot of money for one good year. Will the Lions do the same thing again? Cassell throwing to Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree???

Old 11-24-2008, 11:58 AM

8,575 posts, read 6,368,398 times
crabtree? yeah, cause the lions have had such success drafting receivers in the first round. mr. millen, is that you? the lions need defense, and they will have two first round picks to get it. hopefully the cowboys lose more games, since detroit has their first round selection.

Quote:
I think a lot of his success has been the Pats system. I still think he will get offered a good deal of money if the Pats don't franchise him. I don't think they'll pay the type of money that a team desperate for a QB will pay.

Mitchell got himself a lot of money for one good year. Will the Lions do the same thing again? Cassell throwing to Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree???

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 AM

3,020 posts, read 3,165,532 times
The Pats spread it out today, and win 5 of the last 6 against the Steelers. Another 400 yard day from Matt...........could be.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Alright, let me first start off by saying that I got caught up in all this Cassel talk. For that, I am an idiot! I try not to let the media and the "now" events cloud my judgment, but I have. Brady is the man, has been the man, and forever will be the man. I want to believe I have never waivered from this mantra, but I believe I have. If so, I was terribly mistaken, and I can't wait to have #12 back behind center. There are things that some players just can't have, and awareness is just the beginning. Brady is whom we need, and until next year, we won't have him. Pats' fans have to deal with that and move on.............I finally have. If we can just make it to the playoffs, it will be a GREAT year! Cassel has done a fantastic job, and deserves a start somewhere in the league, but he won't take Brady's spot, and for those of us who thought that he could...........we're morons!!!!

Whatever it takes, we can't let the friggin Jets win the EAST........we just can't!!!!!

Old 12-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Good job Niners , the East is looking mighty interesting right now. Welker is the MAN!!!! GO PATS!

Old 12-09-2008, 09:01 AM

Bruschi out the rest of the way........W T F!!!!!!! The Pats have got to be the most injured team in NFL history. Just keep finding a way I suppose. If they lose Welker, it'll really,really start to suck! It all started sucking after the first qtr. of the first game though. Oh well............GO PATS!!!!!!!!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:31 PM

1,893 posts, read 3,527,763 times
Amazing the number of key players that are either on IR or have missed significant time. If they win out (11-5) and win the AFC East then I really think Belichek should get serious consideration for coach of the year.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Amazing the number of key players that are either on IR or have missed significant time. If they win out (11-5) and win the AFC East then I really think Belichek should get serious consideration for coach of the year.
Without question!!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 PM

Sorry to hear about Cassel's Dad, when it rains it indeed pours. He no doubt needs his time to mourn, but man................what else can happen to this team?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or