U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 07:16 AM

2,270 posts, read 881,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I'll say it again. This game was not lost due to a controversial call by the refs, or one particular play on the field, or for the game being rigged. The Ertz catch was absolutely a TD every time - he was a runner. The Clements TD grab was questionable, but after seeing the replay I didn't see irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Butler was a questionable decision by Belichick for which we may never know the why, but there's no proof Malcolm would have been the difference between winning and losing, as he was not a shut down stellar corner this year despite his playing time. He got burned plenty this year. Patricia did not have this defense ready to play, no way. We can explain Brady getting 505 because he's Brady. But allowing Foles and that offense to put up 500 yds in the Super Bowl was inexcusable.

Look, despite all of the offensive stats, critical points were left on the field without being able to punch home those 1st half drives but instead settling for FG attempts. And missing a FG and XP was huge leaving 4 pts off the field there too. At the end of the day, as typical with the Pats, we started off slow and played from behind the entire game. This team has miracle'd it's ass to win Super Bowls, and lost two due to "luck" or whatever. This game felt like an earned loss because the defense had nothing. They couldn't tackle a tacking dummy. After all the ugliness on defense Brady still puts them in the lead in the 4th, yet the D says no thanks Tom, try again. And granted it was a hail mary but he had one last chance, against one of, if not the top, defense in the league.

Hats of to the Eagles as they were aggressive all 60 minutes on offense. They took chances, and they hit on them. If they had missed a play and lost they'd be called losers. So be it - can't expect continuous comebacks time and time again. We were playing the #1 seed in the NFC, Wentz or not. Little margin for error, and we failed.
From the fan side, this is what taking a loss with perspective and class looks like. I would have preferred that New England won as well, but the Eagles won and there was nothing untoward about that victory.

Others would do well to emulate you instead of making excuses - especially excuses that are utterly nonsensical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 06:35 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,055,388 times
Holy Cow....Josh is staying....

Best news I've heard lately and helps dispel some of the doom and gloom surrounding the Pats

Now as long as Gronk doesn't retire and we manage to bring back Amendola and hopefully Dion as well with the return of Edelman the Offense should be good to go

Defense needs a major talent infusion this draft....need to get faster, need some speed at LB, need a new corner to replace Butler.....need a pass rusher, maybe Rivers? can do the job....

Old 02-06-2018, 06:41 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,459,939 times
This is the craziest Patriots off-season I can remember, which is following a crazy Super Bowl. And we're only 48 hours into it.

And please, we should venture over to Rob Parker's Twitter feed to pour some love on his hate of Brady and the Pats. He's a clown.

Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 AM

21,323 posts, read 21,900,953 times
McDaniels is staying because the Genius has had enough of Kraft's meddling and is going to pull the plug.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:27 AM

6,449 posts, read 3,459,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
McDaniels is staying because the Genius has had enough of Kraft's meddling and is going to pull the plug.
Maybe, but I'm on the side (right or wrong) that Brady has earned his elevated status. Kraft has never meddled like a Jerry Jones which is why they have been so successful. So Kraft considers Brady his 5th son, and Kraft probably overrode Belichick with the QB position. Oh well, there has never been a QB like Brady, and Brady has made that organization a boatload of money. Unique situation here in New England.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:47 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Holy Cow....Josh is staying....

Best news I've heard lately and helps dispel some of the doom and gloom surrounding the Pats

Now as long as Gronk doesn't retire and we manage to bring back Amendola and hopefully Dion as well with the return of Edelman the Offense should be good to go

Defense needs a major talent infusion this draft....need to get faster, need some speed at LB, need a new corner to replace Butler.....need a pass rusher, maybe Rivers? can do the job....
That's a clear indication that Josh was told he would be the Patriots HC once BB retires and also that BB is not long for the job.. That doesn't mean Bill retires this off season but it clearly indicates he will not be there much longer. Eeriliy familiar to what BB did to the Jets many years ago...

I don't think things will turn out as well for McDaniel as they have BB but that's not much of a reach, he could win 2 or 3 SBs and still fall short of BBs success..

Old 02-07-2018, 07:26 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,015,616 times
McDaniels better hope that he becomes the Patriots HC in the next year or two, as I can't imagine another NFL team even considering him for a head coaching gig after this fiasco. Granted, the Colts' job wouldn't be the one that I would have wanted if I were McDaniels (I think I would have preferred the Titans job) but he verbally accepted the job and started hiring assistants, some of whom signed contracts and are stuck with the Colts. He's basically going to be viewed as a pariah outside of New England.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
McDaniels better hope that he becomes the Patriots HC in the next year or two, as I can't imagine another NFL team even considering him for a head coaching gig after this fiasco. Granted, the Colts' job wouldn't be the one that I would have wanted if I were McDaniels (I think I would have preferred the Titans job) but he verbally accepted the job and started hiring assistants, some of whom signed contracts and are stuck with the Colts. He's basically going to be viewed as a pariah outside of New England.
IMO, McDaniels is the Patriots next HC.. that's a done deal... and regardless of how other teams might view him now, if he doesn't succeed as a HC in New England his chances of landing another HC job after 2 failed attempts would be moot anyway... still, he will always have value as an OC if he does not succeed as HC in New England. So, i don't think the risk is that big for McDaniels... his options were take the Colts HC job or the Pats HC (albeit the Pats HC job was not immediate..) but fail at either and his HC future would be over.. I have to assume he felt he had a better chance at success in New England that in Indy.... hard to fault that logic...

I hate it for the assistants who have already signed contracts but from what i have read, they still have jobs in INDY, just not sure who the HC is.. this could be a blessing in disguise for them. IMO, the next HC coach in INDY has just as much of a chance at success as McDaniels did... low.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:39 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,729 times
For all we know Bill could coach another 10 years.

As I hinted to earlier I was shocked a New England assistant was going to be the head coach of the Colts. So much bad blood still between those two teams. Colts also still appear to be a mess. Bad owner, don't know yet if the GM is any better, and no idea what Luck's situation is. I wouldn't be so sure it is all about McDaniels being the next HC for the Patriots. I think it's more McDaniels just didn't want to go to Indy after thinking about it more. I think Bill will be the HC of the Patriots at least as long as Brady is the QB. They might leave together when things are all said and done. But still I think you are talking another 3 years at minimum in that scenario.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
For all we know Bill could coach another 10 years.

As I hinted to earlier I was shocked a New England assistant was going to be the head coach of the Colts. So much bad blood still between those two teams. Colts also still appear to be a mess. Bad owner, don't know yet if the GM is any better, and no idea what Luck's situation is. I wouldn't be so sure it is all about McDaniels being the next HC for the Patriots. I think it's more McDaniels just didn't want to go to Indy after thinking about it more. I think Bill will be the HC of the Patriots at least as long as Brady is the QB. They might leave together when things are all said and done. But still I think you are talking another 3 years at minimum in that scenario.
I think that at one time, BB wanted to prove he could win a SB without Brady... now i don't think he will get a chance.....

Its one of the things that I marvel about Tom Landry.. I'm certainly not saying he was better than BB.. but Landry used 4 different QBs to reach the NFC Champ game..(2 reach SBs) multiple times each... his system worked regardless of the QB... not saying BB can't do that, maybe he could.. likely he could and i am certain he wanted to prove that he could but now i fear he will never get the chance...

ditto for the greatness of Peyton Manning.. Manning went to 4 SBs all with different head coaches.. (think about that for a second then try to remember who those 4 HCs were..... were they great or where they simply riding the coat tails of Peyton Manning?).... Manning has an argument as GOAT on those merits alone... You can argue Brady was better using all kinds of parameters but naysayers will always reply, yea but he had BB... same will be said for BB... he always had Brady.. maybe thats enough, it certainly is for me but who wouldn't want to see what Brady or BB could do without the other.. now its too late.. even when one leaves and the other stays, its the twilight of their careers and nothing they do beyond that will tarnish what they have accomplished...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or