Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2018, 11:43 AM

7,274 posts, read 5,263,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I had a different theory that I posted on the pick ‘Em thread maybe they threw Vrabel a bone and threw the game for him. I know for homefield against the Chiefs and Steelers it maybe a big deal, but I don’t think Bill or Brady really fear going to either of those 2 places. And it’s not like they need many wins to beat out Moe, Larry & Curly, the other 3 stooges in the division. No way they should have lost by that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Most ridiculous comment I have ever read regarding the Pats....

You don't know this team or coach if you think that is even remotely possible...
I too agree that such a comment/theory makes no sense whatsoever. They lost because they were thoroughly outplayed on the field and outcoached. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 03:12 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,595,310 times
I will never write off the Patriots until that book has already been written but there do seem to be some signs for concern. Brady has been average this year. Almost exactly so as his QB rating of 94.7 is 16th best in the NFL this year. 10 or even 5 years ago that rating would surely put him in the top 10 of QBs but not in today's NFL.

The Patriots beat the Bills a couple weeks ago and covered a 14 point spread in doing so. But it didn't feel like the usual dismantling of the Bills like years past. Instead most were left with the feeling that had the Bills had even just an average QB they could have taken that game.

The Patriots losing games and even losing games big in September is normal. But I can't remember the last time they lost a game by more than two TDs in the month of November or later.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:07 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,202,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I will never write off the Patriots until that book has already been written but there do seem to be some signs for concern. Brady has been average this year. Almost exactly so as his QB rating of 94.7 is 16th best in the NFL this year. 10 or even 5 years ago that rating would surely put him in the top 10 of QBs but not in today's NFL.

The Patriots beat the Bills a couple weeks ago and covered a 14 point spread in doing so. But it didn't feel like the usual dismantling of the Bills like years past. Instead most were left with the feeling that had the Bills had even just an average QB they could have taken that game.

The Patriots losing games and even losing games big in September is normal. But I can't remember the last time they lost a game by more than two TDs in the month of November or later.
The Pats haven't been dominant whatsoever this season and Brady has been very "average" in large part because his weapons have been very "average' to "below average"

But lets not get crazy here...

MOST thought the Bill could have taken that game?????

You mean MOST HOMER BILLS FANS thought that.....

Get real your team scored 6 points.....6.....and the strongest part of your team gave up 25 points and lost AT HOME

Your QB's tossed for a respectable 300 yards even if they didn't throw for any TD's...a very average QB output...

With the complete lack of weapons your team had you could have Aaron Rodgers at QB and you would STILL have lost that game....in fact Aaron Rodgers, also with very average weapons did in fact lose to this same Pats team....spare the QB excuse

Your team isn't very good and it will take more than "average" QB play to turn around that dumpster fire

MOST thought they could have taken that game.....OK.....whatever......

Old 11-18-2018, 03:19 PM

I stand corrected the Bills only have the league’s #1 defense going into week 11.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:22 PM

Also tossing 300 yards in 2018 is hardly an accomplishment.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected the Bills only have the league’s #1 defense going into week 11.
Exactly.....

And they gave up 25 points AT HOME to a team that is still struggling with consistency this season..

And despite giving up 25 points at home you somehow think that simply adding an "average QB" would have changed the outcome....

The BEST unit on your team failed to hold up its end.....

Maybe if the "number 1 defense" in the league could have played as well as the Pats defense that day an average QB would have made a difference...

Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Also tossing 300 yards in 2018 is hardly an accomplishment.
But it is certainly "average" and apparently that's all your team needed to "take that game"

Old 11-18-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
And the 31st ranked offense....hence "dumpster fire"....hence needs more than a QB to fix.....

Old 11-18-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

Get real your team scored 6 points.....6.....and the strongest part of your team gave up 25 points and lost AT HOME

Now I see the problem here. You didn’t even watch the game but feel the need to comment based on what you see in a box score. The above quote has an obvious error but I will let you figure it out.

Old 11-18-2018, 03:37 PM

How many points again Blue? Go back and watch the game first assuming you DVR’d it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football