U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 04:07 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,860,279 times

Advertisements

I heard that in three of the patriots Super Bowl winning seasons they lost to the Dolphins in that same year. So I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 05:12 PM

2,977 posts, read 3,962,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
I heard that in three of the patriots Super Bowl winning seasons they lost to the Dolphins in that same year. So I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
I wanted the win badly for the Pat's to break the run of the last two years of them losing to the Fins in Miami.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,173,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Doesn't matter that Gostkowski stunk. Doesn't matter that the defense is not that good. To lose on a bush league backyard/schoolyard play against a 6-6 Miami team may be the most telling sign of the Pats Super Bowl chances this year.
Look, I know it was a heartbreaking loss. But you have to admit winning out the remainder of the season just to keep pace with the Chiefs was a tall order.

Patriots fans need to come back to reality sometimes and realize you can't win them all.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:27 PM

6,458 posts, read 3,461,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Look, I know it was a heartbreaking loss. But you have to admit winning out the remainder of the season just to keep pace with the Chiefs was a tall order.

Patriots fans need to come back to reality sometimes and realize you can't win them all.
In this particular case I disagree. I understand all of the different things that happened that could have pointed to the loss.

This wasn't even a Hail Mary. It was a play that never should have happened. up by 5, opponent 7 seconds to go, no time outs, 69 yards away needing a TD. The defense allowed this to happen. So did coaching having Gronk in and not McCourty. We can't win them all. But a team should never lose like this, especially an elite team.

Old 12-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Maybe I'm a bit realistic or think most Patriot fans are spoiled (you can call me less than/not a fan if you wish), but I look at what the Patriots have already accomplished and how fortunate that other teams can only marvel because it's not something you see in every lifetime. Whether this is just one bad loss or the beginning of the end doesn't matter to me because as much as we may not want to hear this, nothing lasts for ever. Even so, the Patriots don't have much to complain about compared to the Steelers, Eagles, Vikings, and a few other proud fan bases expect more from their team and aren't close to where they were even a year ago... .

Old 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times
Quote:
In this particular case I disagree. I understand all of the different things that happened that could have pointed to the loss.

This wasn't even a Hail Mary. It was a play that never should have happened. up by 5, opponent 7 seconds to go, no time outs, 69 yards away needing a TD. The defense allowed this to happen. So did coaching having Gronk in and not McCourty. We can't win them all. But a team should never lose like this, especially an elite team.
^this

Absolutely agree, right on all points....

I can't believe how much heat Gronk is taking over this, he just played his best game of the season and it was overshadowed by his "failure" to make a tackle.....he should never have been out there in the first place....

Old 12-12-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:

You’ve been down on this team all year. They may turn out alright; they may tank; they might get to another Super Bowl; they might not. It’s the same for all contenders every year. Are you going to be OK no matter what the outcome may be? If you’re that concerned, just pack it in for the season.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:36 AM

4,985 posts, read 11,057,646 times
Now that just figures....

After the debacle in Miami, KC loses last night.

Had the Pats been able to just make a tackle they would be the number 1 seed right now....

Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,962,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
Maybe I'm a bit realistic or think most Patriot fans are spoiled (you can call me less than/not a fan if you wish), but I look at what the Patriots have already accomplished and how fortunate that other teams can only marvel because it's not something you see in every lifetime. Whether this is just one bad loss or the beginning of the end doesn't matter to me because as much as we may not want to hear this, nothing lasts for ever. Even so, the Patriots don't have much to complain about compared to the Steelers, Eagles, Vikings, and a few other proud fan bases expect more from their team and aren't close to where they were even a year ago... .
As a life long Patriot fan I could not agree more. We have had a tremendous run over the past years.

Denver, Carolina, Eagles, Atlanta, Seattle and a few other teams have yet been able to rally off a winning Super Bowl run and parlay that into another winning season.

While they don't return to the SB every year they seem to be able to get into the division playoffs pretty consistently.

Players come and players go and Coach B still finds overlooked players to plug the holes and get those wins out.

People like to jump on the band wagon when the Patriots are down trying to find any crack or a defect in their armor.

Bottom line is that win or lose the Patriot organization is built to compete at every level no matter they have injuries or lack the superstar names on their roster.

I take each of their losses with a grain of salt as they have given me many years of glorious football.

Every fan has that game that they will never forget and the Atlanta Falcons against the Patriots in the Super Bowl will be that game for me. Nothing can ever top that game.

Remember football is not a sure thing.........we lost what looked like the SB trophy because of a helmet catch and Malcolm Butler stopped a drive that seemed impossible to beat! Like it or not those kind of plays bring great games. Might not be on the winning end but those games stick with you forever. Just like the Patriots and the snow plow

Old 12-15-2018, 07:07 PM

18,362 posts, read 23,541,961 times
they are one miracle play away from being top seed …

love my pats and brady but ...sometimes I have to stop watching the game and do something else because of the defense...….. sometimes we just look too complacent … and give up big plays or...get a dumb penalty that gives the other team ...a first down..

this week is going to be tough ….we don't seem to play well on the road...
we need to get the team fired up...brady needs to be screaming right away …

yes we are spoiled but the pats are scrutinized more than any other team I see...the eagles fell off a cliff ….if that was the pats...the world would end and brady is washed up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or