U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2018, 06:28 PM

6,469 posts, read 3,470,025 times

Advertisements

Who knows. Us negative nellie Pats fans might be sitting in front of the TV in February shaking our heads as Brady holds up #6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 12:13 AM

11 posts, read 4,441 times
There ya go, metalmancpa. When the Red Sox started the playoffs I figured no way this team could go all the way. Then they just demolished everyone. You never know when a team will get on that hot streak.

I know one thing, they're in the playoffs and if anybody can pull a rabbit out of the hat it's BB&Brady.

Old 12-23-2018, 07:29 AM

4,988 posts, read 11,069,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes 4 woo View Post
There ya go, metalmancpa. When the Red Sox started the playoffs I figured no way this team could go all the way. Then they just demolished everyone. You never know when a team will get on that hot streak.

I know one thing, they're in the playoffs and if anybody can pull a rabbit out of the hat it's BB&Brady.
I don't consider myself a negative Pat's fan, I am a realist and I know what my eyes tell me that this team isn't as good as last years or any Pat's team that has gone far in the playoffs in the past...

I haven't given up on them though and will watch to the end....because you never know...

I gotta say though I don't understand your analogy....

The Red Sox team that just won the World Series was arguably the best Red Sox team in team history....

Led the AL East from wire to wire, most wins in franchise history, most wins in the MLB this year and were pretty much expected to do what they did...

They "didn't just get on a hot streak"....they were the best team in MLB all season

That isn't something you can say about this years Patriots...

Old 12-23-2018, 10:26 AM

6,469 posts, read 3,470,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
I don't consider myself a negative Pat's fan, I am a realist and I know what my eyes tell me that this team isn't as good as last years or any Pat's team that has gone far in the playoffs in the past...

I haven't given up on them though and will watch to the end....because you never know...

I gotta say though I don't understand your analogy....

The Red Sox team that just won the World Series was arguably the best Red Sox team in team history....

Led the AL East from wire to wire, most wins in franchise history, most wins in the MLB this year and were pretty much expected to do what they did...

They "didn't just get on a hot streak"....they were the best team in MLB all season

That isn't something you can say about this years Patriots...
Totally agree about the Red Sox. They were to my eyes probably the best single season team ever to win a World Series, or at least tied with the 1998 Yankees. It was an amazing year.

The Patriots this year have been sub par for most of it. Usually the Patriots "find themselves" after the 1st quarter turn. Well, here we are with 2 games to go and the team seems lost still. That is so un-Patriot like in the Belichick/Brady era.

Like you as a true fan I will follow them always. But this year has probably been the most disappointing in a Brady-led team. And truthfully, even if we blowout the Bills and the Jets, that will mean nothing. But what will mean something is if the team starts magically looking crisp on the field, and with sharp play calling from the sidelines. This year we've had neither.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:37 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,863,980 times
Pats are killing the Bills on the ground at the half. That’s how I thought the Patriots game plan would go but figured the Bills D would at least make some sort of showing in the running game. Both Allen and Brady are struggling with near identical stat lines. That certainly tells us more about Brady and the Patriots passingattack then it does the Bills.

And after last night it is looking like the Ravens will actually make the playoffs. That could be a problem. Jets continue to play really well too. Doesn’t look like the Bills will make a game of this but Jets should put up a much better effort though.

On to the second half...

Old 12-23-2018, 02:09 PM

22,899 posts, read 19,340,862 times
10th consecutive AFC division title!

Old 12-23-2018, 02:55 PM

2,275 posts, read 3,177,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
10th consecutive AFC division title!
And 10th consecutive year in the playoffs—unprecedented!

Old 12-23-2018, 03:04 PM

4,988 posts, read 11,069,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
And 10th consecutive year in the playoffs—unprecedented!
Great day for the Pats it was REALLY hard to root for the Eagles though....REALLY hard

I'm a Clemson fan and love Deshaun Watson but man that 2 seed is especially important this season....

Old 12-23-2018, 03:15 PM

22,899 posts, read 19,340,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Great day for the Pats it was REALLY hard to root for the Eagles though....REALLY hard
Oh yeah, that was agony! (puke)

Old 12-26-2018, 11:26 AM

11,057 posts, read 3,773,308 times
I told you that Pats are in a good position to make it to the AFC championship game.....they will get a bye and play at home against the Texans or Colts/Titans. Pats should be the favorite at home against all 3.

If St. Nick threw for 471 YDS, 4 TD, on that Texans defense. Brady will be alright against the Texans at home.

I only pick the Pats to get the AFC Championship.......I will hold on to my picks when we get there. Because the only defense Pats should fear is the Ravens. I have a feeling it will be the Pats vs Ravens in the AFC championship game.

Ravens will probably win the #4 seed....play the Chargers @ Baltimore a team they already beat on the road and then play the Chiefs @ KC in which the Ravens lost in OT and should have won that game and in a rematch, I will take the Ravens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or