U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 08:10 AM

13,891 posts, read 7,395,585 times

Advertisements

It's looking like snow on Sunday. That would be a competitive advantage over a Southern California team.

3 more wins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 08:30 AM

11,826 posts, read 8,245,143 times
What is going on with the Patriots? I think special teams and the defense are playing as well as can be expected but the offense not so much and I think the problem is Brady. As great as Brady is there is no denying his age and I think he is being extra careful not to get hit and hurt. Gronk is not the Gronk from years past. Edelman is still good but not as amazing as he was before his injuries. I think he has asked Brady to stop throwing to him over the top because he was getting creamed out there. Hogan runs hot and cold and the other receivers have dropped big balls.

During the end of the season it seemed that the gang were looking for penalties to help them along. Brady throws it up, maybe the receiver will pull it down or maybe a flag will be thrown? They seem to be playing more on luck than skill right now.

I do suspect the team will pick it up a notch for the playoffs but I am concerned about Brady missing so many throws that he usually makes. maybe he needs glasses?

Old 01-13-2019, 12:15 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,532,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
It's looking like snow on Sunday. That would be a competitive advantage over a Southern California team.
Hmm, sounds like a little insecurity there lol, hoping to depend on the weather when in previous years it wasn't about the weather or Gillette Stadium's intimidation, it was about Brady/Belechik/Defense/Special Teams, etc being better than whomever the opponent was. We'll see how it plays out....I like the Chargers chances but that's purely based on the talent level, the roster as a whole. As hard as it is to pick against the Patriots, it's not about the past, it's about the now.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:30 AM

2,977 posts, read 3,957,754 times
Well today's the day......as a long time Patriots fan I am wicked proud of what they have accomplished over the last 10-15 years. Win or lose they have been amazing picking up players and fitting the pieces to the puzzle when their defense and offense wasn't full strength and still they manage to get into the playoffs each year.

I think we are the team America loves to hate.......quite possibly a dynasty that many teams will hope to duplicate in the future.

Whether we win or lose the articles keep churning each and every season how the Patriots time has ended. There are so many teams like our Jaguars here in Jacksonville that would love to just have a back to back playoff bound seasons but, quarterback, coach, and player issues keep rearing their ugly head year after year as with so many NFL teams.

Again, super proud of these Patriots year after year.......they have put a great team on the field for their fans.

Best of luck to those Chargers fans...........they have endured years of close calls only to have their playoff dreams slip away. It's just a shame they had to be in LA and not San Deigo where all their fans waited for years for this moment.

I followed the Chargers a bit years back as our hometown boy Doug Flutie took his turn as quarterback there.......... this day has been a long time coming for them.

Crazy how things work out.......Bree's gets let go because of questions on his shoulder in San Diego and now he is defining his time in New Orleans with a possible Super Bowl run in what could be his last few seasons.

Old 01-13-2019, 10:59 AM

Alright it's Boston vs LA round 2. The Red Sox made quick work of the Dodgers in the Series, now it's the Chargers chance to even up the score.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:11 AM

468 posts, read 166,652 times
The Chargers, who have a league-leading seven Pro Bowlers on their roster, will be the first 12-4 team to visit Gillette for the divisional round since the 2012 Texans.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/01...-has-the-edge/

Good luck Patriot fans..

Old 01-13-2019, 12:42 PM

16,523 posts, read 20,969,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I've said this several times on this team thread, this post is from 2011. And like I said on a different thread this morning--reports of the Patriots demise are fairly exaggerated--again.
This is from the Patriot team thread, posted 9/30. What I was referring to was saying what I've been consistently saying on this team thread for the past decade and that would be----

"As long as Belichick and Brady are on the same team they are never out of it. Never."

Four minutes left in the half and the Pats are punting for the first time. 28-7 Pats. ADD---big turnover on the fumbled punt. Not at all surprising to see Brady go for the knockout punch right off the get go- td in two plays! Lots to be said about Brady but I also include the O-line-they own the line of scrimmage so far.

35-7 at the half. Chargers get the ball at the start of the 3rd. If that fumble hadn't occurred I would have given the Chargers just a slight chance, but at least a chance. Not now- they now have no chance.

They haven't been backsliding at all. They're playing Patriots football like they've always played. Reports of the demise of this club are slightly off.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-13-2019 at 12:51 PM..

Old 01-13-2019, 01:20 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,545,104 times
Great post, HH. My thing is for fans whining about Patriots, don't whine at them, whine at your team. How about other teams stopping them? Yes, they looked out of sorts some this year, even I thought well, maybe they are slowing down.

However, when push comes to shove, they are ready to play. Home field advantage is nice, don't like it, win some more games so they don't get it. As someone has said, you play to win the game, this is the object, one team winning so much, do something about it. My niece is a Chargers fan, this is what I told her, don't direct your anger at the Patriots, look at your own team!

Old 01-13-2019, 02:07 PM

The Patriots just flat out whipped my Chargers, they played a near perfect game...and the Chargers just couldn't do anything right. New England winning isn't shocking, they are who they are. But man, the utter domination is shocking.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:59 PM

4,980 posts, read 11,046,411 times
As a Pats fan since 1975, I have never forgotten the "lean" years that preceded this unprecedented run of dominance but this is just getting ridiculous....

This will be their 9th straight AFC Championship Game appearance....15th overall with a 10-4 record going in...

One of the most ridiculous stats that flashed during this game....

Tom Brady now has 28 playoff victories...the next closest PLAYER is Joe Montana with 16 but he also has more playoff victories than 27 of the 32 NFL FRANCHISES in NFL history....

Mind boggling....

We as fans are witnesses to the greatest dynasty in NFL history and the greatest player and coach in NFL history...

Unbelievable.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or